• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey Zipzo, what did you mean when you said that cancelling dash with shield was like the "new wavedash"? How is stopping dash with the shield similar to a wavedash?
A wavedash gives you a way to move quickly while remaining in standing position, so that you have all options available to you for the whole duration of the wavedash.

When you dash, you're no longer in standing position, meaning your options are much more limited and different. By being able to cancel the dash at any time with shield it is as if you are standing the whole time while dashing (although probably there is some delay or sort when shielding), like when you wavedash.

With this mechanic as well as turn/pivot cancelling, there are now universal techniques that will have practical applications for all characters that provide benefits and movement options similar to wavedashing, without being as extreme and game changing in certain situations and matchups. Furthermore, it succeeds in being more intuitive.

Last edited:

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
So apparently Chrom is in Robin's victory screen:
View attachment 24286
Anyone else find it funny how he's spending more time in smash with Robin, a friend, more than Lucina, his own daughter? :laugh:
Anyway, a total of about 955 people viewing this. Here comes Crashboards. :laugh:
Robin's hair is clearly going through her robe.

micstar615

Smash Ace
A wavedash gives you a way to move quickly while remaining in standing position, so that you have all options available to you for the whole duration of the wavedash.

When you dash, you're no longer in standing position, meaning your options are much more limited and different. By being able to cancel the dash at any time with shield it is as if you are standing the whole time while dashing (although probably there is some delay or sort when shielding), like when you wavedash.

With this mechanic as well as turn/pivot cancelling, there are now universal techniques that will have practical applications for all characters that provide benefits and movement options similar to wavedashing, without being as extreme and furthermore succeeds in being more intuitive.
I see! That sounds great! Thanks for the great response :)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Please save all questions for Zipzo for when he's done today's event. Questions and pointless begging will be marked as spam.

Further, posts will be further between this time to allow Zipzo to post giant posts with his thoughts. As such, we ask you please remain patient and to remain on topic on the discussion of Zipzo's information. Thank you.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You're doing God's work dude.

Who about sheik and Luigi? Any notable changes?
D1 posted this summation of all of Zipso's stuff.

Here

And in it, I think Luigi was being described as pretty good, and Sheik "as basically a Melee character." So...probably some notable changes, I'd wager? :shades:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I do hope that Alph pulls out Rock Pikmin instead of Purple Pikmin, just an aesthetic change. It feels wrong to have 6/7 of the Pikmin in Olimar's moveset, not counting Bulbmin.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Here, here, here we go.
So he's finally here,
Leaking for you,
If you have an account,
You can join in too.

Put your keyboards together, if you're suffering boredom,
As we take you through, this crashing forum!

UH!

Last edited:

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well.
He's finally back to kick some tail.
His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts.
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too.
He's the first member of the DK crew!
Soooo, that Chunky Kong AT thing was just a myth, right?

BroBuzz

Smash Rookie
Zippo just do this on /r/smashbros or /v/. Smashboards is **** and will just crash again.

Last edited:

UliWa

Smash Rookie
OMG you guys and your dam colors! its soo annoying lol....color this color that alt this alt that...i got so annoyed i punched my wall :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom