• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I didn't hear about this, did anyone say he only has 6 alts really or did they just not list all of them?
All characters have a minimum of 8, Confirmed.
The demo has locked content because its a demo so not everything will be there.

D

Deleted member 245254

In the interest of saving Smashboards i will try to compile more before posting instead of a steady stream of info. Apologize for the inconvenience. Please understand.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Can I recommend people to use the 'search this thread' feature before asking questions? I'm sure it'd save Zipzo a lot of hassle and help avoid adding more congestion to this thread.

Supersonic159

Smash Rookie
I can already feel crash boards upon us at the strike of 10pm EST lol
Zipzo I'm probably going to make a post and "live blog/post" the stuff you post on Smashboads onto Reddit like I did last night. So if you want to promote that, it might help a bit to alleviate the traffic here. It's up to you, I'd hate to see things have to get almost shut down again like they were last night.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Again, what's the big deal about 10?

Edit - over 600 viewers. This is going to get tough :/

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Again, what's the big deal about 10?
Because it's now 11 AM in Japan when stores open and you can play Sm4sh.

All characters have a minimum of 8, Confirmed.
The demo has locked content because its a demo so not everything will be there.
So not every alt is in the demo? That's good news in a way for any alts we haven't seen yet.

Last edited:

Jesepe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jesepe
My dream that Sakurai should have made alt. costumes for the original 12 to resemble their N64 models/graphics has been crushed

micstar615

Smash Ace
Hey Zipzo, what did you mean when you said that cancelling dash with shield was like the "new wavedash"? How is stopping dash with the shield similar to a wavedash?

AZ Papa

Smash Rookie
NNID
PapaNAJoH
Hey @Zipzo,
  1. Have you played any new stages that feel competitively viable? (other then the FD form maps)
  2. Of all the maps you have played, how many have you felt just sucked, or weren't that great?
Thanks in advance :)

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
The Famitsu scan depicted the aura projectile growing while talking about boosts from Lucario's Aura, implying that it would grow based on the damage he'd taken. I took that as meaning the size was specifically dependent on Lucario's damage and not at all dependent on a charge.

It wouldn't confirm Mewtwo. However, Mewtwo seems like an extremely likely choice for one of the Final 5, especially given an earlier leak that seemed sure that the other possible veterans (like ICs and Snake) were out while matching up with the CSS leak that came later. And if Lucario got a change to specifically remove his biggest similarity with Mewtwo, that'd be pretty suspicious.
No man, haven't you played Brawl? XD

It was simply restating what was already in the game. in Brawl, you can charge Lucario's Aura Sphere, but only so much. However, after your Aura is stronger (meaning you have taken damage), you can charge the ball and it will get bigger than it normally would if you were at, say, 0%.

By biggest, you mean only similarity.

Well, I shouldn't say only. Lucario and Mewtwo are both really floaty characters.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm just curious about one more thing. And this is for anyone.

Did anyone try Pac-Man or Palutena's Final Smash and see how they work?

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
No man, haven't you played Brawl? XD

It was simply restating what was already in the game. in Brawl, you can charge Lucario's Aura Sphere, but only so much. However, after your Aura is stronger (meaning you have taken damage), you can charge the ball and it will get bigger than it normally would if you were at, say, 0%.

By biggest, you mean only similarity.

Well, I shouldn't say only. Lucario and Mewtwo are both really floaty characters.
Yeah, I've been picking up on that. Never used Lucario much in Brawl anyway. :p

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Thanks for doing this again Zipzo. Enjoy your time with the game today. Excited for whatever you can find out!

Edit: Also pass along our thanks to the other guys gathering info with you!

Last edited:

kujibiki57

Smash Cadet
Please, please, PLEASE!
Test for ATs like Glide tossing and DACUS
They'll probably not work, but there is hope!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
People should try their best to refrain from subjective questions (i.e. "What's the tier list going to be like?" "iZ sHuLK OP!?1/!?!"), they're ridiculously hard to answer - especially under the pressure of trying to find out factual evidence to every minute detail already asked in a 2 minute items on free for all and Smashboard's crashing. Keep it simple and direct. For instance - instead of, "Is Shulk overpowered?" ask about a specific move's quality from a character's pool. Otherwise you'll probably be skipped.

Re-posting what's below in hopes of informing everyone about what has already been asked. Perhaps a user could compile every one of Zipzo's posts in a separate through so users have a sleek way to access information already found? On top of the possibility that it could channel other viewers to a different thread and slow down traffic in one specific place.

_______

Not going to ask any questions in this post (saving that for your stream !! ), but I just wanna reiterate how seriously grateful we are as a community to have you go out and do all of this for the past dozen or so hours. Really shows how much you love the game and the future of what you're capable of as a player for the meta (that goes out to you as well, cadari).

Very excited to see you and Relax Alax collab come Sept. 13th and I hope you had a blast today.
Also wanna throw out that people asking questions should try to save Zipso some time by reading back on what has already been asked for efficiency. Too many questions have been repeated that have already received an answer.

Game sounds (and now due to y'all) LOOKS amazing. IT'S HAPPENING!!
Again. Zipso and cadari, thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom