• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

Mod Edit: You can find a compilation of most of Zipzo's info from both threads here (it's being update proactively): http://smashboards.com/posts/17488041

I could keep this all in the other thread but I want to keep a front page detailed list of what I'm looking for so people know what to suggest.

So far my ipad memo pad looks like...

THINGS TO LOOK FOR

- Not yet played/revealed characters
- How they play

- IASA frame check : is it more forgiving than previous games?

- Can you cancel a portion of landing lag with an attack, shield, or running?

- Dash dancing window; same as E3?

- How's the ledge snap?

- Zelda's 3 remaining unseen costumes? There's red, blue, pink, purple, black and...

- Edge canceling?

- What's Metaknight looking like?

Give me some suggestions and I will update this list as we go, after the event is over I will go over every question/thing I found.

Last edited by a moderator:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Just go through as many characters as you can, specifically each of their moves. I imagine they won't allow any sort of photos or recording, so you'll have to remember quite a bit, lolz. Just a general request.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
See if characters can instant ledge snap. May have changed. Check to see if Sonic still spins to his death when he rolls off the stage without a jump. Please and thank you.

D

Deleted member 245254

See if characters can instant ledge snap. May have changed. Check to see if Sonic still spins to his death when he rolls off the stage without a jump. Please and thank you.
I'm sure I'll find that sonic thing, as a planned Sonic main I will be playing as him.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Just gonna carry over my last post from the other thread.

-Character costumes and colors. Would love to see what Zelda's 3 remaining colors are and if any are costumes.
-Check if edge cancel is back or just check techs in general.
-If Meta Knight is playable check how much they toned him down.
-Check if Smash Run has an option to choose the mode so they are not random and if you can reduce the time for getting power ups. 5 mins is a little much when the actual match ends in 2 mins...

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm sure I'll find that sonic thing, as a planned Sonic main I will be playing as him.
Very nice. Well I didn't want to ask too many things but if you do get the opportunity to see if all his cancels are still available please do. Appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 245254

Just gonna carry over my last post from the other thread.

-Character costumes and colors. Would love to see what Zelda's 3 remaining colors are and if any are costumes.
-Check if edge cancel is back or just check techs in general.
-If Meta Knight is playable check how much they toned him down.
-Check if Smash Run has an option to choose the mode so they are not random and if you can reduce the time for getting power ups. 5 mins is a little much when the actual match ends in 2 mins...
For reference, what are the already revealed Zelda colors?

Soul.

- If you have the time, check and see if there's a technique similar to glide tossing.
- If you use Pikachu, try to do Quick Attack cancels.
That's all. Thanks.

pkcrossing89

Smash Rookie
Look for any interesting alt costumes. Kinda like Mario's 'Murica outfit.

EDIT: Also first post

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well if there's more alternate costumes than E3 it'd be nice to know of any that are unique. Like @ pkcrossing89 pkcrossing89 mentioned, stuff like Mario's costume or ZSS' two piece costume, wireframe mac, that kind of stuff.

Any new stages, what they're called, how they work would be nice as well.

@ KingBroly KingBroly wanted to know what Zero Suit Samus' unseen palettes are as well, thought I'd post that for him as I'd like to know as well. Currently seen are default, black, pink, dark blue and the two piece alternate costumes in orange and blue.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I could keep this all in the other thread but I want to keep a front page detailed list of what I'm looking for so people know what to suggest.

So far my ipad memo pad looks like...

THINGS TO LOOK FOR

- Not yet played/revealed characters
- How they play

- IASA frame check : is it more forgiving than previous games?

- Can you cancel a portion of landing lag with an attack, shield, or running?

- Dash dancing window; same as E3?

- How's the ledge snap?

- Zelda's 3 remaining unseen costumes? There's red, blue, pink, purple, black and...

- Edge canceling?

- What's Metaknight looking like?

Give me some suggestions and I will update this list as we go, after the event is over I will go over every question/thing I found.
There's one thing I need ASAP: the full stage list in text and if it includes the Paper Mario one, I want to know the icon.

That's all I want.

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
If Peach is playable, someone needs to check if her Daisy costume is in this build. They haven't shown it yet, despite being a mainstay alt of the past two games, and a lot of people think it might be because Daisy's got a unique model/voicework for that particular outfit this time and they're waiting to reveal it with some other other-character-alts like Alph or the Koopalings.

Or it might just be a recolored Peach again.

Someone gotta check this stuff.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
A Treehouse member during E3 said Mario was better in the later build. Can you check on the plumber? Thanks!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm going to ask what the stages are, as well as ZSS' final 2 colors are.

espio87

Smash Ace
-Check if alternate costumes are already available (see if Little Mac has his sweatshirt as a slot for his recolors or as an additional slot, 8 recolors or 9 counting the alt)
-Final Smashes that haven't been seen yet (Dedede's got a new one)
-List assist trophies that hadn't been confirmed yet
-If you can play classic mode, tell us if it has more than 6 stages
-Sakurai alluded Melee when he said that 3DS stages have two songs each. Check if the music changes when selecting the stage and pressing the R button.
-Since that is the final build, the 3D might have been changed. Tell us how the game feels with 3D on and off.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Could you check if Daisy is an Alt costume for Peach, also if Alph is an alt costume for Olimar ?

Please ? :D

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not in Japan but really want to figure out if this game has any major differences than in E3.

leonardo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Monster-Heel
3DS FC
1934-0745-2946
check if the game is good bro

Last edited:

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Wait, u are there right now?
Edit: Who is available?
Id like to mainly See Pacman- robin and shulk if u can

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Is Captain Falcon any good or at the very least decent?
Any noteworthy costumes and color palettes?
Is the soundtrack even better than we thought?

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I want to know how my main man Ike plays, like has his range, speed, and power changed.

Letterbomb

Smash Rookie
That's awesome that you're about to play. Have some fun dude.
If you could, please confirm for me if Villager can actually spawn Maxim Tomatoes on his tree that he sprouts. There have been rumors that it can appear like how Dedede might throw out a capsule in Brawl or Peach pulling a bomb-omb.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Any differences between Marth and Lucina besides speed and where the power is concentrated on their swords?
Costumes/palettes of Kirby and Lucina?

HullabalooFTW

Smash Rookie
If you end up having a chance to play them or see them, any noticeable (new) differences between clones (Lucina, Tink) compared to their counterparts? Either way if you can or not, thank you so much for keeping us informed! I look forward to whatever you find :)

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know everything about Dedede! :)

1. How does Dedede's new side special work? Is it a protection as great as the Waddle Dees?
  2. How does his new Final Smash work?
  3. Is he stronger/faster than in Brawl?
  4. How awesome are his new facial expression?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
If Lucina is in, I kinda want to know what else differentiates her from marth, like speed and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom