• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
I wish there were more stages though...I know something had to give when they were doing two different games. No new Star Fox stage? Ah well.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The stages I am looking forward to most are Unova Pokemon League and Magicant. I like both for setting and music. I also like how Magicant has a lot of Easter Eggs that reference Mother 1 and 2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If I had to guess which stages will be Legal:

3D Land - Banned
Golden Plains - Banned
Rainbow Road - Banned

Paper Mario - Neutral/Counter Pick (depends upon the Fan/Giant Blooper, neither seem that big of a deal from what I've heard)
Mushroomy Kingdom - Banned (is World 1-2 still there BTW?)

Yoshi's Island - Neutral
WarioWare Inc - Banned
Jungle Japes - Banned
Gerudo Valley - Banned
Spirit Train - Banned

Brinstar - Counter Pick/Banned
Corneria - Counter Pick/Banned

Dream Land (GB) - Banned

Unova Pokemon League - Banned

Prism Tower - Neutral/Counter Pick
Magicant - Banned (due to Flying Men)
Mute City - Counter Pick (really only have to deal with the ground, which may/may not be a big deal)
Arena Ferox - Neutral/Counter Pick
Flat Zone 2 - Banned
Reset Bomb Forest - Counter Pick (enemy hazard isn't that bad, the awkward platform can be destroyed)
Distant Planet - Banned

Tortimer Island - Counter Pick (depends on the water/shark)
Pictochat 2 - Banned (the FD form may be interesting if it keeps the edges)
Balloon Fight - ??? (depends on how it works, the Phase 2 Variation looks Neutral/Counter Pick)
Living Room - Banned
Find Mii - Counter Pick/Banned (depends on the Darkness Emperor, doesn't seem too bad)
Tomodachi Life - Neutral/Counter Pick
Gaur Plains - Counter Pick (any sign of Metal Face?)

Wily Castle - Banned
Green Hill Zone - Banned
Pac-Maze - Banned

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If I had to guess which stages will be Legal:

3D Land - Banned
Golden Plains - Banned
Rainbow Road - Banned

Paper Mario - Neutral/Counter Pick (depends upon the Fan/Giant Blooper, neither seem that big of a deal from what I've heard)
Mushroomy Kingdom - Banned (is World 1-2 still there BTW?)

Yoshi's Island - Neutral
WarioWare Inc - Banned
Jungle Japes - Banned
Gerudo Valley - Banned
Spirit Train - Banned

Brinstar - Counter Pick/Banned
Corneria - Counter Pick/Banned

Dream Land (GB) - Banned
Unova Pokemon League - Banned

Prism Tower - Neutral/Counter Pick
Magicant - Banned (due to Flying Men)
Mute City - Counter Pick (really only have to deal with the ground, which may/may not be a big deal)
Arena Ferox - Neutral/Counter Pick
Flat Zone 2 - Banned
Reset Bomb Forest - Counter Pick (enemy hazard isn't that bad, the awkward platform can be destroyed)
Distant Planet - Banned

Tortimer Island - Counter Pick (depends on the water/shark)
Pictochat 2 - Banned (the FD form may be interesting if it keeps the edges)
Balloon Fight - ??? (depends on how it works, the Phase 2 Variation looks Neutral/Counter Pick)
Living Room - Banned
Find Mii - Counter Pick/Banned (depends on the Darkness Emperor, doesn't seem too bad)
Tomodachi Life - Neutral/Counter Pick
Gaur Plains - Counter Pick (any sign of Metal Face?)

Wily Castle - Banned
Green Hill Zone - Banned
Pac-Maze - Banned
Do the other FD variants counts or just the original? Cause FD variants would be the only way 3D Land, Rainbow Road and Green Hill would be banned.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
My running list is more like (just legal or not legal since I have optimism we can defeat the bad idea of the "counterpick stage" this time around):

Definitely Legal:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Rainbow Road
Yoshi's Island
Arena Ferox
Prism Tower
Tortimer's Island
Tomodachi Life

There's just nothing of substance wrong with any of these stages, and we understand all of them quite well too.

Probably Legal:

Jungle Japes
Corneria
Mute City
Magicant
Pac-Maze

All of these stages will cause some crying since they're a little less traditional but really they're all pretty good stages that have way more going for them than not. I have some lingering worries about Magicant's lower platform and about the potential for run-away on Pac-Maze, but I'm going to have faith it will work out. Of course, we're also going to have to beat out of people the idea that a stage with the word "maze" in the name is assumed to be worse than any other stage...

Good Stages That May Be Controversial

Brinstar
PictoChat 2
Distant Planet
Wily's Castle

These are the stages I'm pretty sure will prove fair but am a lot less sure are going to be possible to convince people to play on. Three of them are really disruptive (Brinstar, PictoChat 2, Wily's Castle) which is something a skilled player can deal with but a lot just don't want to. Distant Planet just draws incredible ire for some reason; that stage was never given a chance at all in Brawl and always was spoken of so negatively, but I always found the arguments against it extremely meritless.

Stages That Are Maybe Okay

Paper Mario
Reset Bomb Forest
N's Castle
Find Mii

These four stages from all video I've seen haven't done anything too crazy, but I don't feel like I really know their mechanics yet (I actually have still not found a Paper Mario video or seen it in action at all and have barely seen N's Castle but enough to suspect it's not the "new Spear Pillar" at all).

Not So Bad Walk-offs

Golden Plains
Kirby's Dream Land
Gaur Plains

These three stages are as far as I can tell completely fine other than the double walk-offs which are more of a cultural problem than anything. If people can accept walk-offs, they have great prospects. If not, these stages have no future. I can't say I'm optimistic that walk-offs will be given a chance, but some people are really pushing for it and these stages are the ones that stand to gain!

Terrible Stages

Super Mario 3d Land
Mushroomy Kingdom
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Tracks
WarioWare Inc.
Boxing Ring
Living Room
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone

Yeah... These stages are no-hopers.

So that's my list; it's pretty liberal, but when you think about it, your day one stage list really shouldn't be looking to ban very much at all so I feel pretty good about my current read on these things. At some point people are going to need to come to a consensus that is going to probably ban more than really needs to be banned, but I believe we can do better than we did in Brawl by a mile here and keep a really nice chunk of these. I really feel as I have watched all this gameplay that smash 3ds has given us a lot of truly quality competitive stages; we just have to be willing to use what the game provides for us!

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
@ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos The Paper Mario stage starts off as a half-walkoff, with the other side being on a raised cliff (with the wall that implies) and a regular edge. A table fan can appear in the background and blow the scenery around for damage.

The second phase doesn't seem too objectionable from what I've seen. A blooper makes waves that rock the boat a bit, and a whale lifts it up on a jet of water from its blowhole, but I didn't see anything damaging.

The last phase is where it gets interesting. You fight in front of Bowser's floating castle thing, with two vertically moving platforms on either side of a bust of Bowser's head. The inside of the mouth and the top of the head are both walkable. The head itself rotates. Overall it didn't look like there was much room once it started up with that.

It cycles back to the plains after that. Each phase looked like it took a minute or two, but I wasn't timing it.

N's Castle seems very non-objectionable. There's nowhere near the bull**** that Spear Pillar had, and the worst I've seen Reshiram/Zekrom do is ram the side of the stage below the edge to smash the stairs on that side and tilt the stage by maybe 30 degrees. Stairways do emerge from the sides to make it a walkoff, but they're temporary and can be jumped through from below.

D

Deleted member

I really love Magicant due to the creativity, the usage of Mother's Eight Melodies as one of the music choices, and also showing off the dreamscape in the background, but the Flying Men are gonna get it banned.

Also, with Prism Tower... is it just Pokemon that make cameos, because, well... I was hoping to see Essentia make an appearance due to the fact that I want human characters to make more appearances than just the Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Are the Pokemon in N's Castle really that bad?

I thought N's Castle would make a decent CP (aside from the walk-offs); from what I've seen, the hazards don't look as bad as say, Spear Pillar.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Are the Pokemon in N's Castle really that bad?

I thought N's Castle would make a decent CP (aside from the walk-offs); from what I've seen, the hazards don't look as bad as say, Spear Pillar.
I agree. Reshiram and Zekrom only stick around for one attack, the area of the stage they hit is telegraphed by a floating orb of their element, and more often than not they hit the side. (I've only seen them hit the playable part once.)

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I hope Magicant isn't 3ds exclusive and on both versions! I would love to play there on the Wii U.
I know, I love that stage as well, aesthetically of course. Competitively it would be decent for a CP, might even be a starter but obstacles and Flying Men will hold it back. but why am I complaining when Final Destination mode exists.

I'd be extremely salty if Sakurai brings back Onett or :npc: but knowing him...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So with chaingrabs gone, does that mean temporary walk offs are okay now? With that in mind, let me see if I can take a shot at this.

Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Neutral/Counter
Arena Ferox
Prism Tower

Counterpick
Brinstar
Corneria
Tortimer Island
Reset Bomb Forest
(structure on top left of second form is breakable; Lurchthorn in pit is temporary and predictable)
Tomodachi Life

Counter/Banned
Paper Mario
Rainbow Road
(leaning Counter; depends on the section inside the rotating cylinder)
Jungle Japes (leaning Counter; depends on how much the river current affects recovery)
N's Castle
Mute City
(leaning Banned; depends on how the racetrack and lack of lower blastzone affects play)
Magicant (leaning Banned; damn Flying Men)
Pictochat 2
Find Mii
(leaning Counter; depends on nature of Dark Emperor's status buffs and how much he affects play)
Pac-Maze (leaning Counter; hinging on potential loop that allows for keep-away)

Banned
3D Land
Golden Plains
Mushroomy Kingdom
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Green Greens
Warioware
Distant Planet
Boxing Ring
Living Room
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone 2
Gaur Plains
Dr. Wily's Castle
Green Hill Zone

After how much I've been worried about us not getting enough legal stages, it looks like we could have something like 5 neutrals and 9 counterpicks. Not that bad, all things considered.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Wait, chain grabs are outright gone!? (Thank Palutena!!!)
With that said I don't see why walk-off stages should be a problem anymore guys, & I especially think they should be given a chance cuz there's SO MANY of them this time around.I think if Sakurai didn't think this game could be played at a competitive level he wouldn't include this many. (But at the same time they all have a flare to them to make them fun to play on.) Instead of outright guessing which stages are going to be banned how about we give all of them an equal chance and try them all out before outright declaring bans out the door?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Such a shame the Flying Men disrupt tourney play, I feel they will be the nail in the coffin that makes Magicant banned from competitive play.

Finally a Mother stage gets a layout that looks pleasing but hazards completely shut it down.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I don't think it's right to ban a stage just because they have stage hazards, especially ones that can be easily avoided.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
Does Nintendogs sort of count as a Duck Hunt stage? I mean, they both have dogs. If you squint at it...

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Is there a way to turn off stage hazards?

Btw I love the FD variations.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Guys, I need some help here. I just watched a video online of somebody beating Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity and he unlocked something that looked like a Tetris stage! Has that been confirmed yet?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Guys, I need some help here. I just watched a video online of somebody beating Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity and he unlocked something that looked like a Tetris stage! Has that been confirmed yet?
fairly sure hes making this up, i cant think of a stage thatd you could confuse for tetris

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Kind of a weird thing to unlock for such a hard task! That picture almost gave me a heart attack, lol. Don't deny it, a Tetris stage would be amazing!

Top Bottom