• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
So! SSB4 is on its way and It already looks like certain stages are going to be 3DS exclusives.

Example:

Other 3DS only stages.
Battlefield (Peaks)
Gerudo Valley — The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Spirit Train/Spirit Rails — The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Arena Ferox — Fire Emblem: Awakening [1] [2] [3] [4]
Super Mario Stage(s) [1] [2] [3][/quote]

What other stages you guys want to appear exclusively on the 3DS version of SSB4?

Discuss down below! :)

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wii U
Battlefield (Sky Ruins)
Skyloft — The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Smashville — Animal Crossing
Boxing Arena — Punch-Out?
Dr. Wily's Castle — Mega Man
Wii Fit Room — Wii Fit

3DS
Battlefield (Peaks)
Gerudo Valley — The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Spirit Train/Spirit Rails — The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Nintendog Room — Nintendogs
Arena Ferox — Fire Emblem: Awakening [1] [2] [3] [4]
Super Mario Stage(s) [1] [2] [3]

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Im hoping for a Mario and Luigi series level since they were all on handhelds.

Either it could be inside the dream world, or inside of bowser....also its an excuse to show Fawful ;)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I wouldn't be surprised at some kind of Super Mario Land stage. That and Link's Awakening are the iconic Game Boy games in my opinion. (Well, and Tetris, but that seems a bit too generic and not the best suited for making a stage).

Perhaps they'll have a stage actually based on one of the handhelds like the original brick Game Boy, for example...

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully we get some stage based off Luigi's Mansion 2. I'm sure some influence from the recent Fire Emblem game and the new Pokemon X & Y games will also have some stages as well.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
Really digging the Spirit Tracks stage. I've always liked trains. Yes, even before the ASDF movies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nice to see a stage for Super Mario 3D Land. Same for Spirit Tracks. Though I do wonder if Megaman will also get a stage for SSB3D. I know that there's the Wii U stage, but will the 3DS version have its own Megaman stage? Or will it be the same as the Wily fortress we saw on the Wii U? Also, I wouldn't be surprised we get an updated Luigi's Mansion stage. But what kind of Metroid stage will we get? Something from Fusion? Maybe a stage based off of Prime Hunters?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kirby started on the Game Boy so there's a lotta stuff there and Link's Awakening could=Tal Tal Heights

Not to mention all the golden sun series.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Most definitely expecting some Kid Icarus stages for the 3ds version thanks to KI:U, but not certain what the stages would look like yet. Of course, it is too early to make too much judgment after all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Most definitely expecting some Kid Icarus stages for the 3ds version thanks to KI:U, but not certain what the stages would look like yet. Of course, it is too early to make too much judgment after all.
Considering that Pit is in the game, and there isn't much Kid Icarus stuff outside of Uprising to pick up from, I think both versions will feature Uprising stages, if not even the same stage.

Sakurai said that only SOME stages would be exclusive.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
luckily for me the spirit train stage is just what i was hoping for

but id love to see a stage based on something from pokemon B&W or X&Y

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else expecting a Pokemon Stadium 3? I feel given the previous two installments of Smash Bros, there is a high chance for a third Pokemon Stadium. I also like to believe that there will be WiiU change ups completely different than the ones in the 3DS version.
For example: We start off as a plain battle field, then eventually changes to either a fire, water or grass field. And in the 3DS version, we start off in a plain battle field eventually changing into, lets say, ice, electric or rock type, similar to the changes in Pokemon stadium 2, just a different lay out.
Any though

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I haven't seen any evidence of Arena Ferox being on the Wii U, so I'm sort of hoping that there'll be another Awakening stage for that version.

Not that I have anything against Arena Ferox, it looks solid. However, I also wanna see:

Hades Castle (Both)
Good Egg Galaxy (Wii U)
Phendranna (Wii U)
Hunters Stage (3DS)
Marusame Castle (Both)
Nintendoland (Wii U)
Hardware (3DS)
Sunset Shore (Wii U)
Kongo Jungle (3DS)

Etc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A Paper Mario stage where all the characters are in Paper form on either version would be the single greatest thing ever.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
--3DS Stage wishlist--

Trash Pit (mario & luigi)

Den Area (megaman battle network)

Golden Passage (wario land)

Flat Zone 3 (game & watch)

Block Pit (tetris)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
With the 3DS Versions on Handheld, if Issac is not in the game I will bawl.

Mercury Lighthouse/Sol Sanctum/Venus Light House, anyone?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
With the 3DS Versions on Handheld, if Issac is not in the game I will bawl.

Mercury Lighthouse/Sol Sanctum/Venus Light House, anyone?
I think Venus Lighthouse would be the most iconic of the bunch from Golden Sun. Unless people remember the ending of Lost Age on Mars Lighthouse moreso.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
I think a Mario vs. DK stage is likely with some of the gameplay mechanics from it with Pauline and the Minis in the background.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
I hope they bring back some 64 stages like Hyrule Castle and Saffron City for 3DS.
Definitely would like to see them back! I could see Hyrule Castle being Wii U exclusive and Saffron City being 3ds exclusive because Zelda/Console - Pokemon/Handheld. Well roughly at least.

Also I would almost be disappointed if they didn't add a Pushmo Stage. Feels like it would be Perfect!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, we're getting stage more relevant to handheld games?

I'm trying to find some lists of nintendo handheld games, but I have some out of the box ideas, or just some possible ones that would work. Let me know what you think!

Pokemon Pinball:

There we go! A little bit of the old and new versions so maybe they could work together and be combined! If you only show these bottom parts, you get a top and bottom blast zone on top of some cool hazards! A ball dropping for the paddles to smack around or sometimes drop, the bumpers to bat you around a bit, and beware the Pika... Land over there and risk a shock to send you flying so hard you never return! Pikachu would probably need to be replaced with a Pichu or some other electric Pokemon due to Pika already being in the game but it could still work easily enough.

This would be an excellent choice, a cool new way to represent Pokemon and show a game that did pretty great sales wise and has had a following to want a sequel made.

Possible Music:
Pokemon Pinball Opening Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgPjtwiQxg&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Map Mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBrpuHSeo&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Hi Score: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmT8P_6_ZLU&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Ending Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRvaD64j1Gc&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A

Virtual Boy Wario Land:

What an interesting choice you are probably saying! But We need a new Mushroomy Kingdom like stage, and I thought it'd be a fun time to go back and remember on this 3D console, the first attempt for Nintendo in 3D. Virtual Boy Wario Land was the highest critically acclaimed Virtual Boy game, if you don't believe me check out it's reception. It's even been suggested to be remade for the 3DS it was so good. Make the stage Sakurai then make it on the 3DS! Think of the hype!

And for those who love using the pipes to move around, take a look at this! Right from wikipedia about the game (as they explain it best) this could make matches amazing! "many stages actually have more areas located in their backgrounds. With the help of special blocks located in certain places, players can actually send Wario to these places, which looks unusual given the Virtual Boy's ability to display objects and areas in three dimensions. These visual tricks lend great depth and detail to the game and are repeated more than a few times in situations such as boss fights, where an attack may reach towards the front of the screen, appearing to stop just inches before the player's eyes."

Now for some possible music choices!
Title Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjfgEUw18Q&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Miniboss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmIRB01suQ&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEXScBdh0Nk&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Final Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3Y3IvRpuY&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089

Brain Age:

Brain Age was a game totally of it's own kind that MANY people thereafter tried to copy, but almost none of them where as good as Brain Age!

Anyone have fond memories of Poke Floats? Let's fight on his head! His hands could be open and such like in the picture at times, giving us possible platforms sometimes, I hope he'd move them a bit.

But... The stage gets REALLY intense when...

THE HORNS GROW! THE HANDS START MOVING EVERYWHERE! OMG PUZZLE MAYBE SHOW UP LIKE THE WARIO WARE STAGE! GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Before he turns back into the happy guy we know again!

This could be a cool little throwback for handhelds, and the stage would have some humor too. If anything, make him a secret boss just for the 3DS title. Master Hand is awesome, but who doesn't want this guy? ;)

Music:
Brain Age 2-Menu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZfH0***rs

Alright! Three awesome ideas! I'll have to come up with more, tell me what you think of these for now!

(P.S. Mr. Op! We should get everyone's ideas up in the OP of the thread!)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
MORE IDEAS! A REALLY obscure one in here, I'm going to list it first: maybe it'll blow some minds or bring back some intense Nostalgia...

Game Boy Camera:

Yes, there was once a time when camera didn't come with your game console... We look to the past and see OH MY GOD THAT FACE!

Welcome to the Game Boy Camera Stage!

We can take a couple mini games from nintendo's history and maybe do some mashing into a very interesting stage from Nintendo's history. I admit, this isn't the biggest, best, Sakurai do it NAOWZ idea, but it sure is a cool and unique idea and request that might be worth looking at. It's just to out of the park NOT to pick for Sakurai ;)

Take a look below to get music ideas and to at least kinda see the gameplay. Yes it is VERY simple gameplay, but that should make the stage easier to make maybe.

Music And Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbeNmBM8Go

The Handheld Level:

Let's take a small walk through Nintendo handheld history, from it's roots to the here and now with this awesome level!

Look at that boring looking picture! The level will be much more exciting I promise. This level would start with the first ever nintendo handheld (a Game & Watch) and you would fight on it horizontally, buttons being maybe a bit raised or something to play with for fun, jumping on them to make noises and such.

A bit of time passes, and it starts scrolling away! You jump over to the next console and the Game & Watch come up behind the screen where you see a tiny bit of gameplay, with a small history lesson below, like the date it came out on, and notable titles possible.

This would continue for all the handhelds, it's an interactive playable Nintendo handheld museum, what more could you ask for?

Music: I have NO idea. I'd need some cool suggestions for this one, I was considering just having gameplay sounds from various games on the systems, but I bet there are better ideas out there.

Well, two of the more wacky ideas, any thoughts are appreciated! I'll probably have some more logical ideas in the future :D

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
The first thing that comes to my mind for a 3DS stage is a Star Fox stage. Asteroids and all that pretty space stuff.

Anything could work, but obviously they're probably going to keep the 3D effect in mind with all these stages, so I have a feeling that they might want to use concepts we've never seen in 3D before. Think about Mr. Game and Watch's Flat Zone on the 3DS, ya know?

Top Bottom