• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Maybe the leaker hasn't unlocked all stages yet? That's probably why a Kirby stage hasn't been seen yet.. and same for the other series' stages, such as Donkey Kong's and Metroid's.
If the character select screen isn't complete like it is speculated, then that is a possibility. Though I find weird that the stages the leaker didn't unlock are exactly the stages from series which have returning stages. Though if (a big if) two of the characters yet to be leaked are Ridley and a DK newcomer, perhaps it does make sense for the new Metroid and DK stages to not have been unlocked yet. Who knows.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I honestly expected Onett to be the retro 3DS Stage for the Earthbound Series but i like this new one..still it seems a bit strange Earthbound would get a new stage on the 3DS

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Here's more of N's Castle.

It looks really good! A bit more of a traditional stage/platform structure with a cool gimmick. I like it. Unova was probably my least favorite generation of Pokemon, but I can't deny the fact that this looks pretty epic. I also love the fact that we have two Pokemon League stages over both versions of the game.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
I honestly expected Onett to be the retro 3DS Stage for the Earthbound Series but i like this new one..still it seems a bit strange Earthbound would get a new stage on the 3DS
Earthbound (and Mother) got a GBA port in Japan so it's not too out there.

That thumbnail looks like absolutely nothing to me, but I really hope it is Magicant.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So with the idea that there could be more unlockables, it makes sense that there could be at least a couple more stages. Which is a little bit more reassuring.

Still, it might not be enough to satisfy me overall. One of the reasons I'm hoping for DLC.

Last edited:

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
Definitely Luigi's Mansion. Although would that be a Wii U stage because the series began on the GameCube? Either way, I'd also love to see a Professor Layton stage. Pretty unlikely, I know, but... that series is one of the biggest series on the DS/3DS. Besides, I'm still secretly hoping Layton is a playable character

Reila

Definitely Luigi's Mansion. Although would that be a Wii U stage because the series began on the GameCube? Either way, I'd also love to see a Professor Layton stage. Pretty unlikely, I know, but... that series is one of the biggest series on the DS/3DS. Besides, I'm still secretly hoping Layton is a playable character
Paper Mario began on the N64, yet the Paper Mario stage is on the 3DS. I would love a Luigi's Mansion 2 stage for Smash 3DS.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FlynnCL423327 said:
Scouring the newest trailers, I've collected pictures of any newer stages I could find. Hope you enjoy!
So many Final Destinations, Green Hill Zone must have one

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Strange that the Wii Fit Trainer doesn't have a 3DS stage confirmed yet. There's room for one more stage on the SSS, so hopefully the Wii Fit Studio can be unlocked here otherwise there'd be one open slot on the roster. Even more annoying than how the current leaked roster looks.

Reila

Strange that the Wii Fit Trainer doesn't have a 3DS stage confirmed yet. There's room for one more stage on the SSS, so hopefully the Wii Fit Studio can be unlocked here otherwise there'd be one open slot on the roster. Even more annoying than how the current leaked roster looks.
No, hopefully the open slot is a brand new Metroid stage yet to be unlocked. It is just a random theory of mine, but I think the reason Gaur Plain and Boxing Ring are on the 3DS too is because those games will soon be on the 3DS. Xenoblade was announced, so I am expecting Punch Out!! to be announced for the N3DS in the future. So unless they announce Wii Fit for the N3DS, I think the stage will be Wii U only.

...Either way, what I am really hoping for is for two pages of stages, with the returning stages being moved to a second page and new ones filling the open spaces in the first page.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
No, hopefully the open slot is a brand new Metroid stage yet to be unlocked. It is just a random theory of mine, but I think the reason Gaur Plain and Boxing Ring are on the 3DS too is because those games will soon be on the 3DS. Xenoblade was announced, so I am expecting Punch Out!! to be announced for the N3DS in the future. So unless they announce Wii Fit for the N3DS, I think the stage will be Wii U only.

...Either way, what I am really hoping for is for two pages of stages, with the returning stages being moved to a second page and new ones filling the open spaces in the first page.
I would love two pages as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get just one more stage, I hate to say it but it almost seems like the retro Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Star Fox, Metroid, Pikmin, Game & Watch and Sonic stages are going to be the only stages representing those franchises as opposed to making new ones. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it honestly. It's better than no stage representation for those franchises and there's still the Wii U version which will (or in some cases possibly will) have new (and maybe retro) stages for the aforementioned franchises and more.

That being said it would be weird not to see a Wii Fit stage here. Looking at all the stages, it's obvious for most characters the stages that represent them. In addition maybe DHD is represented by either the Nintendogs stage or the G&W stage (along with R.O.B. in the G&W stage). The Mii Fighters could go with the Tomodachi stage or the Find Mii stage. The rest should be pretty obvious.

By the way you say Gaur Plains and the Boxing Ring being on 3DS is hinting at those series getting new games or ports on 3DS. While we know Xenoblade Chronicles will be ported to the new 3DS, what if these stages are on both versions because there is nothing else they could draw from as stages for the 3DS version (since there is obviously no 3DS games from those franchises)? Would the new F-Zero & Mother stages hint at new games from those franchises on 3DS? (Note: I would like or all these franchises to get new games on 3DS and n general, but personally I don't see them getting 3DS stages to be hinting at it, but rather giving those franchises stage representation on Smash 3DS.) The Wii Fit Trainer currently lacks any reasonable stage representation on 3DS and is arguably the only character so far to lack any reasonable representation and with the SSS having room for one more stage it only seems reasonable for WFT to get a 3DS stage (as weird as it might be) and with it likely being the Wii Fit Studio.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Why are the familiar stages not on a different page yet? That one spot for me is for a Wii Fit stage, but not the Wii Fit Studio. I think Obstacle Course could be a good Wii Fit stage.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
="Super Flygon, post: 17434214, member: 235090"]I would love two pages as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get just one more stage, I hate to say it but it almost seems like the retro Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Star Fox, Metroid, Pikmin, Game & Watch and Sonic stages are going to be the only stages representing those franchises as opposed to making new ones. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it honestly. It's better than no stage representation for those franchises and there's still the Wii U version which will (or in some cases possibly will) have new (and maybe retro) stages for the aforementioned franchises and more.

That being said it would be weird not to see a Wii Fit stage here. Looking at all the stages, it's obvious for most characters the stages that represent them. In addition maybe DHD is represented by either the Nintendogs stage or the G&W stage (along with R.O.B. in the G&W stage). The Mii Fighters could go with the Tomodachi stage or the Find Mii stage. The rest should be pretty obvious.

By the way you say Gaur Plains and the Boxing Ring being on 3DS is hinting at those series getting new games or ports on 3DS. While we know Xenoblade Chronicles will be ported to the new 3DS, what if these stages are on both versions because there is nothing else they could draw from as stages for the 3DS version (since there is obviously no 3DS games from those franchises)? Would the new F-Zero & Mother stages hint at new games from those franchises on 3DS? (Note: I would like or all these franchises to get new games on 3DS and n general, but personally I don't see them getting 3DS stages to be hinting at it, but rather giving those franchisees stage representation on Smash 3DS.) The Wii Fit Trainer currently lacks any reasonable stage representation on 3DS and is arguably the only character so far to lack any reasonable representation and with the SSS having room for one more stage it only seems reasonable for WFT to get a 3DS stage (as weird as it might be) and with it likely being the Wii Fit Studio.
At least Sonic has a different stage on both version, but uunless they all end up having new stages, it kinda sucks for those franchises

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its slightly annoying that the melee stage are ones that already returned in brawl, i was hoping for a couple of the others

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
its slightly annoying that the melee stage are ones that already returned in brawl, i was hoping for a couple of the others
I really liked Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle, Fourside, and PokeFloats. Sad to see they won't come back the for 4th installment

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really liked Great Bay, Fountain of Dreams, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle, Fourside, and PokeFloats. Sad to see they won't come back the for 4th installment
well lets hope that some of them make it into the wii u version or become dlc

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
fogbadge: 17442566 said:
It's even more anoying that there's retro stages for some of the veteran series while newcomers and the big 3 have new ones on both versions

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I did this... Could anyone tell me what are the two stages I didn't recognize ?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
A F-Zero stage is the first, next to Corneria. The second is a pink stage. Some people think it is a Rhythm Heaven stage (the Rhythm Heaven himself), other people think it is the Magnicant (is this the good name?) from the first Mother.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
A F-Zero stage is the first, next to Corneria. The second is a pink stage. Some people think it is a Rhythm Heaven stage (the Rhythm Heaven himself), other people think it is the Magnicant (is this the good name?) from the first Mother.
Thanks. So, no one really knows what they are (their names), that's right ? ^^ (I hope it isn't Mother-related, but indeed a Rythm Heaven stage...)

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Apparently Pictochat is Pictochat 2. "Unova Pokémon League"is technically right, but it's called N's Castle! And I wouldn't on that being Rhythm Heaven since unless that is a changing stage, it would be a really weird location to represent. Besides, Mother 1 seems like it's going to be a little more represented (Devil Car and all) so I'd bet that's Magicant

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
Not only that but they're bringing Wily's castle on both versions also we got a glimpse of Corneria,Yoshi's Island(Brawl),And Brinstar maybe they have some exclusive past stages maybe but that that's just a theory :yeahboi: :4mario::4megaman:

GazWithPie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gazwithpie
I'm excited for 3ds stages.
Because of the small screen I feel like they will pay more attention to detail then in size.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
What if the Game Boy stage isn't a Game Boy stage? I have a feeling it's only Kirby's Dream Land, as the leak didn't show off any other Kirby stages? Also, that Green Greens music is "Green Greens V2", so maybe both musics are Green Greens, which wouldn't make any sense as a Game Boy stage. Super Mario Land? Tetris? Pokémon? Nope, Green Greens only. Also, the leaked stage pick screen showed KDL, and not just a Game Boy. And finally, Kirby and King Dedede were shown there in the Pic of the Day, so I think it's obvious it's not a multipurpose Game Boy stage, but a Kirby's Dream Land stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What if the Game Boy stage isn't a Game Boy stage? I have a feeling it's only Kirby's Dream Land, as the leak didn't show off any other Kirby stages? Also, that Green Greens music is "Green Greens V2", so maybe both musics are Green Greens, which wouldn't make any sense as a Game Boy stage. Super Mario Land? Tetris? Pokémon? Nope, Green Greens only. Also, the leaked stage pick screen showed KDL, and not just a Game Boy. And finally, Kirby and King Dedede were shown there in the Pic of the Day, so I think it's obvious it's not a multipurpose Game Boy stage, but a Kirby's Dream Land stage.
in all fairness tetris wouldnt have appeared anyway

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Late to the party, and I'm sure it's been said, but I'm absolutely baffled as to why DK, Metroid and Starfox just get one 13 year old stage. Much as I love F-Zero, I don't see the logic in giving it a new stage, but not more successful franchises.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Given the interview with Miyamoto about hard core gamers we might see a new F-Zero sooner or later.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
So I was watching one of the live streams of the full 3DS version, and I found an awesome stage that would make fans of the original Mother (Eartbound prequel) happy. I'm certainly impressed.

Magicant...

has been made a stage! In addition, of what I saw it, the background sort of "tears away" and reveals that one scene from Earthbound after defeating one of the Sanctuary Guardians... I took a quick screenshot of it in the next spoiler.

Top Bottom