• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
If Sakurai is going by that rule (even with remakes), then a new StarFox 64 stage is extremely possible
To be fair, the only other handheld Star Fox game is Command, so there's a 50/50 chance.
Then again, 64 already has 3 stages in the smash bros series (even though I'd love a Macbeth stage where you chase after the train)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Sakurai is going by that rule (even with remakes), then a new StarFox 64 stage is extremely possible
It is a possibility, but not a certain. The "rule" could mean we are getting a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage for the 3DS as well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
[quotReila, post: 17324496, member: 236748"]It is a possibility, but not a certain. The "rule" could mean we are getting a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage for the 3DS as well.[/quote]
Even though I've never played DKCR yet, that would still be awesome

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman

Well, Brinstar is back, now I'm starting to get worried that all returning Melee stages are going to ones that were in Brawl. Oh well, I think that this was a good choice regardless.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
[qu"nuclearneo577, post: 17326329, member: 250590"]

Well, Brinstar is back, now I'm starting to get worried that all returning Melee stages are going to ones that were in Brawl. Oh well, I think that this was a good choice regardless.[/quote]
If we're lucky, Fountain of Dreams could be a 3DS retro stage

Reila

If we're lucky, we are getting returning stages and new stages. I wish they would announce a DK and/or Metroid brand new stage for the 3DS to ease my worries.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh...I just realized that since Brinstar is returning that probably means no Brinstar Depths.

I am sad now. :(

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

Well, Brinstar is back, now I'm starting to get worried that all returning Melee stages are going to ones that were in Brawl. Oh well, I think that this was a good choice regardless.
DK and Metroid had a 50/50 chance of choosing a returning stage that was also in brawl. I doubt Temple is gonna be in over Great Bay due to size alone.
Say, if they chose Rainbow Cruise again, out of the 4 Mario stages (I would like Peach's Castle pls), then that's when to start worrying.

Reila

Brinstar Depths could be in the Wii U version. It would be nice to see Kraid in HD, I think.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Now that we have a retro Metroid stage, I'd like to see a new stage based off Metroid Fusion. I don't know what it could be, but anything from Fusion will make me happy.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
[qu"nuclearneo577, post: 17326329, member: 250590"]

If we're lucky, Fountain of Dreams could be a 3DS retro stage[/quote]

It better not be the case, I didn't like any of the Melee stages in Brawl except Pokemon Stadium and Corneria. Is it too hard to port Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, and Hyrule Castle64 to the 3DS?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If we're lucky, Fountain of Dreams could be a 3DS retro stage
It better not be the case, I didn't like any of the Melee stages in Brawl except Pokemon Stadium and Corneria. Is it too hard to port Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, and Hyrule Castle64 to the 3DS?[/quote]
Pokemon Stadium should come back, 1 not 2

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
It better not be the case, I didn't like any of the Melee stages in Brawl except Pokemon Stadium and Corneria. Is it too hard to port Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, and Hyrule Castle64 to the 3DS?
Pokemon Stadium should come back, 1 not 2[/quote]
Pokemon Stadium 2 is terrible, I was always talking about the first one if don't write a 2 at the side.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pokemon Stadium should come back, 1 not 2
Pokemon Stadium 2 is terrible, I was always talking about the first one if don't write a 2 at the side.[/quote]
After I replied, I kinda realized what you meant

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know if it's been brought up before, and we don't know what it will look like, but Spirit Train, believe it or not, will be available in For Glory, and thus, will have a Final Destination form:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I don't know if it's been brought up before, and we don't know what it will look like, but Spirit Train, believe it or not, will be available in For Glory, and thus, will have a Final Destination form:

Oh WOW! I never would've noticed that unless you had pointed it out to me. That's pretty interesting, but you gotta wonder what the spirit tracks version would look like. Will it just be like the train but not moving?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh WOW! I never would've noticed that unless you had pointed it out to me. That's pretty interesting, but you gotta wonder what the spirit tracks version would look like. Will it just be like the train but not moving?

Also I'm not the smart individual who discovered this, I believe it was SSB4Dojo. The little photoshopped image above is courtesy of challengerapproaching on Tumblr.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
so yeah. I know "leaks" aren't currently authorized on the boards, so I'll have to ask you to refrain from bringing up a debate on the credibility of said leak on this thread, and just focus on the stage-related content of it. Thanks.

This picture shows Brinstar, Green Hill Zone, Corneria, Jungle Japes, WarioWare, PictoChat, and Flat Zone 2 (unless it's the game boy stage, not sure) as returning stages for the Nintendo 3DS version. Would you be satisfied with that set of stages if it was legit?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
_Shost: 17333528 said:
so yeah. I know "leaks" aren't currently authorized on the boards, so I'll have to ask you to refrain from bringing up a debate on the credibility of said leak on this thread, and just focus on the stage-related content of it. Thanks.

This picture shows Brinstar, Green Hill Zone, Corneria, Jungle Japes, WarioWare, PictoChat, and Flat Zone 2 (unless it's the game boy stage, not sure) as returning stages for the Nintendo 3DS version. Would you be satisfied with that set of stages if it was legit?
As long as there's a new Sonic stage(even if its Windy Hill) and Fountain of Dreams, I'll be satisfied

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816

I think I'd be pretty satisfied. I only wished the FE stage could be something interesting like the risen battlegrounds, Mount Prism or the back of the final boss (Which is gigantic). Arena Ferox is okay, but it feels too much like Pokemon stadium or something with an FE: A makeover. At least Robin and Lucina are in. I guess that makes up for it for me.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I'm surprised at the ratio between returning stages and new ones. Can't complain though, since the Wii U version will have its own stages. It's interesting how all the returning Melee stages are from Brawl as well.

Reila

Would you be satisfied with that set of stages if it was legit?
Nope, no way. I think the leak is likely legit, but the stages are a bit disappointing.

No new Metroid stage, no new DK stage and Mushroomy Kingdom (-______-)? Please. Gaur Plains and the pink stage looks nice, but I need moar e_e

Last edited:

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Before I forget: does this look familiar to anyone? Brinstar sneaked its way in an update. Not announced as an exclusive, but I feel like Sakurai would've probably done the screenshots from the same stage if it wasn't an exclusive. That might be reading into it too much though.

Reila

Is that an F-Zero stage between Corneria and Arena Ferox?
Apparently it is a F-Zero stage based on the SNES game. Ah, if anyone is curious:

- The stage below Mushroomy Kingdom is N's Castle (the actual castle this time).
- The one below Nintendogs is Gaur Plains from Xenoblade
- The pink one is speculated to be either a Mother stage or the Rhythm Heaven

I want to know what stage is the one between Tomodachi Life and Find Mii. Is it the Pictochat stage from Brawl?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I want to know what stage is the one between Tomodachi Life and Find Mii. Is it the Pictochat stage from Brawl?
It looks like it.

The would-be stage list really has me questioning this leak. Would they really have one third of the stages be from previous games? Would there really be no new Donkey Kong, Metroid, or Star Fox stages? Would there really be no Kirby stage at all aside from the Game Boy stage?

That said...the pics of the supposed new stages are pretty well done...enough to make me wonder. If it's fake after all, there must be some talented artists behind it.

Last edited:

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I wonder what two songs will be chosen for the returning Brawl stages. Especially WarioWare and Green Hill Zone, so many good songs!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
If the leak is true, then yes I would be disappointed with the stage list. Especially since there are barely any new stages. Also, the main new kirby stage seems to be the gameboy one. Which disappoints me even more for two reasons.
1. There are better recent Kirby stage ideas then a retro throwback.
2. That also means the Gameboy stage was not a Game & Watch stage which, in addition to the lack of new stages, just upsets me.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
- The pink one is speculated to be either a Mother stage or the Rhythm Heaven
I believe you're right on all accounts, but the reason I came to this thread is specifically that pink one. I didn't play rhythm heaven.

I just saw this as a signature:

So this whole thing is totally true? It has to be. Why would he fake a rhythm heaven stage and not fake the rhythm heaven character?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I believe you're right on all accounts, but the reason I came to this thread is specifically that pink one. I didn't play rhythm heaven.

So this whole thing is totally true? It has to be. Why would he fake a rhythm heaven stage and not fake the rhythm heaven character?
Didn't the leak say Chorus Men will be DLC?

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice

The pink stage is Magicant it looks more like.
Even then, I doubt the Classic Stages will be grouped with everything else, I think they'll be on their own page or in a section of the selection screen, I don't think the leak is real.
Magicant.png

Reila

Yeah, that is DonkaFjord's signature. It is the Rhythm Heaven. The stage looks more like it than the Magicant from Earthbound imo.

And I doubt the leak is fake.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that is DonkaFjord's signature. It is the Rhythm Heaven. The stage looks more like it than the Magicant from Earthbound imo.

And I doubt the leak is fake.
Maybe the leaker hasn't unlocked all stages yet? That's probably why a Kirby stage hasn't been seen yet.. and same for the other series' stages, such as Donkey Kong's and Metroid's.

Top Bottom