• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Cahalan's Rim-light Pack 1​
Pack 1.png

Coming Soon...​

For those wondering what Bomberman, Geno, and Mallow's franchise icons are...
MenSelchrMark.X.png
MenSelchrMark.X2.png

The first one is inspired by Square's old logo and the second one is from the Bomberman Blast Stage on the Vault.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for improving my banner! :D
Anyways, i have the full set of the Brawl Smash 3 Sonic... Can it be in the OP? Or no?
What texture improvements have been made over the original Smash 3 Sonic?

Hi, I'm using the Commander Lucas costume from this thread and for some reason the game freezes after i select a stage is there something I'm doing wrong? Every costume before commander Lucas works.
I haven't had a chance to look at this myself, but I've heard conflicting reports about it working for some people and freezing for others. I'll try to check it out soon, thank you.

I have a question, I've been trying to render, everything is perfect, but one thing. The final image always turns out somewhat grainy. How can I fix this? Also, how can I get my model to have the same pose as others? Like getting Retro Pit to have the same pose as normal pit.
Did you check to make sure your settings are the same as I showed in the basic Blender tutorial?

I'm not sure where you're stuck at on the second part of your question, so I'd need more information on what's going wrong for you.

View attachment 60271
Coming Soon...​

View attachment 60272 View attachment 60273
The first one is inspired by Square's old logo and the second one is from the Bomberman Blast Stage on the Vault.
Oh, nice! I'll add it to the Status List when you upload it.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
View attachment 60271
Coming Soon...​

These sound awesome. Are the Pichu, Young Link, and Tabuu skins for their own slots and movesets, or are they just models over other characters?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
These sound awesome. Are the Pichu, Young Link, and Tabuu skins for their own slots and movesets, or are they just models over other characters?
Those 3 already have PSA's for them on the vault (though for Young Link I'd go for the beta one by KTH). Geno, Ridley, and Lucina also have PSA's on the vault that use the models I'm rimming. Mallow is the exception (though I'd love to see a moveset for the guy).

Pichu and his PSA are over Pikachu
Young link and KTH's PSA goes over Link
Tabuu and the Final version of the current Tabuu PSA is over Ganondorf
Lucina and the V2 of her PSA is over Marth
Geno and his PSA & Fix is Over R.O.B.
Ridley and Bagan's PSA is over Pit
The Bomberman I'm using is over Link as well (because the most complete PSA of him is also over Link)
Knuckle Joe and his PSA is over Ness
Mallow has no moveset for him but he works over the Ice Climbers (and has Snowy as his partner)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Those 3 already have PSA's for them on the vault (though for Young Link I'd go for the beta one by KTH). Geno, Ridley, and Lucina also have PSA's on the vault that use the models I'm rimming. Mallow is the exception (though I'd love to see a moveset for the guy).

Pichu and his PSA are over Pikachu
Young link and KTH's PSA goes over Link
Tabuu and the Final version of the current Tabuu PSA is over Ganondorf
Lucina and the V2 of her PSA is over Marth
Geno and his PSA & Fix is Over R.O.B.
Ridley and Bagan's PSA is over Pit
The Bomberman I'm using is over Link as well (because the most complete PSA of him is also over Link)
Knuckle Joe and his PSA is over Ness
Mallow has no moveset for him but he works over the Ice Climbers (and has Snowy as his partner)
Ah, okay. I'm familiar with almost all of these (I use Ridley for PM so that's a given), but they're Brawl PSAs AFAIK. Thanks anyway, I'd almost certainly use them if they would be balanced/configured for PM, but that's not your job.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
What texture improvements have been made over the original Smash 3 Sonic?

I haven't had a chance to look at this myself, but I've heard conflicting reports about it working for some people and freezing for others. I'll try to check it out soon, thank you.

Did you check to make sure your settings are the same as I showed in the basic Blender tutorial?

I'm not sure where you're stuck at on the second part of your question, so I'd need more information on what's going wrong for you.

Oh, nice! I'll add it to the Status List when you upload it.
Well, its pretty much just the full set. The smash 3 team said they cant find the files or anything, but i have all of the files.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ah, okay. I'm familiar with almost all of these (I use Ridley for PM so that's a given), but they're Brawl PSAs AFAIK. Thanks anyway, I'd almost certainly use them if they would be balanced/configured for PM, but that's not your job.
Luckily I've tried all of them before and they all work when everything is installed correctly in 3.5 so more than likely they'll work in 3.6. But I'd wait until all the random crashing is fixed in the 3.6 beta before jumping up...
You'd surprised how balanced some of these brawl psa's are in project m (Geno and KTH's young link to start).

Even Tabuu is balanced since he's not as OP as he is in Subspace (his size, light weight and weird placement of hit boxes on his moves makes him a complicated zoning type of character)

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
View attachment 60271
Coming Soon...​

Just a small change
this would be a better icon for Geno and Mallow because it's more original

ignore the 7 stars use the Star Road for Geno and Mallow icon if you want to

Last edited:

kazan

Smash Apprentice
this would be a better icon for Geno and Mallow

ignore the 7 stars use the Star Road for Geno and Mallow icon
If you want this for geno's icon, try doing it yourself.
Again, this isn't a request thread, nor is it a thread where you tell people what to do. (you've done this a couple times now)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If you want this for geno's icon, try doing it yourself.
Again, this isn't a request thread, nor is it a thread where you tell people what to do. (you've done this a couple times now)
I don't know how to do it. it's very easy for the people who create those modes it's small change not a big change that i asked for and I don't beg people to do it but I just hope someone change it so it become more original and better

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
commander lucas frozen Project M 3.6
Thanks for letting us known about this; PMDT has updated lucas moveset and it appears that it has caused our smash3fied alt to crash.

But no worries we have fixed him and we have updated the brawl vault link of commander lucas:
As a bonus we updated masked man CSPs to better match how his heagear looks ingame

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
May be a dumb question, but is the "Pirate Wolf" in PM and the OP really just a Pirate skin for Wolf, or was the design actually used for some game?

I might use the Melee Wolf over the Pirate one just for a better reference to something if the former is the case. Oh, and in the download for Melee wolf, the names for the second set of team colored wolf alts are one number off. Blue Melee Wolf is FitWolf08 instead of FitWolf 09, green is FitWolf07 instead of 08, and red is of course 06 instead of 07.

Thanks for letting us known about this; PMDT has updated lucas moveset and it appears that it has caused our smash3fied alt to crash.

But no worries we have fixed him and we have updated the brawl vault link of commander lucas:
As a bonus we updated masked man CSPs to better match how his heagear looks ingame

Speaking of masked man, is there a way that I could make his mouth still open when he speaks, but with a more serious or lifeless way? I remember there being a Shadow skin for Sonic that had him frown or look angry in poses and taunts where Sonic would be happy or doing his famous smirk.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
There seems to be a few finished mods toothat wer ein the old OP, but are missing from the new one. Came here to find the Smash 3C James McCloud, but he's not in the OP at all. There may be more that are missing as well. Link to him: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207483

There's this too (although the CSPs for this are kind of bad, and there's none for the blue skin): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36430

Also, the coloring on Dark OoT Link's face shows some compression or something ingame and it looks weird compared to his normal skins. What should I do to this texture (mainly his forehead) to fix this?

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

Yay it works! :D

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be a few finished mods toothat wer ein the old OP, but are missing from the new one. Came here to find the Smash 3C James McCloud, but he's not in the OP at all. There may be more that are missing as well. Link to him: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207483

There's this too (although the CSPs for this are kind of bad, and there's none for the blue skin): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36430
When the OP was updated, all mods that did not fit to a certain standard, whether it be textures or not having Smash 3-style renders, were removed. Most have already been redone and added, but yes, there are some that haven't been completed yet.

Also, the coloring on Dark OoT Link's face shows some compression or something ingame and it looks weird compared to his normal skins. What should I do to this texture (mainly his forehead) to fix this?
Your edit came as I was writing my post earlier, but now that I see it, I'll check into it later. I'll just have to use a different compression format.

May be a dumb question, but is the "Pirate Wolf" in PM and the OP really just a Pirate skin for Wolf, or was the design actually used for some game?

I might use the Melee Wolf over the Pirate one just for a better reference to something if the former is the case. Oh, and in the download for Melee wolf, the names for the second set of team colored wolf alts are one number off. Blue Melee Wolf is FitWolf08 instead of FitWolf 09, green is FitWolf07 instead of 08, and red is of course 06 instead of 07.

Speaking of masked man, is there a way that I could make his mouth still open when he speaks, but with a more serious or lifeless way? I remember there being a Shadow skin for Sonic that had him frown or look angry in poses and taunts where Sonic would be happy or doing his famous smirk.
Pirate Wolf is based on his appearance in Star Fox 2.

The link too OOT Link is broken.
Try again - I tested it and it worked fine. It may have been an issue with KC-MM.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Please forgive the double post, because this post is gonna be totally cool!

It's Ocarina of Time Sheik! She comes with three team colors, as well as an alternate version of her main costume based more closely on how she appears in Ocarina of Time! But that's not all, oh no. This is more than a texture edit.

Have you ever noticed that Brawl's Sheik suffers from a bad case of PANCAKE BUTT?

Now I know Zelda's gotta be packin' more than that because Link is always after that booty, so Sheik's butt has been made rounder and smoother. Don't worry, this isn't some pervy huge boobs/butt mod you might find on the Brawl Vault, but rather a more realistic shaping of what Sheik's ninja keester would look like. Just take a gander and those pompas.

Make sure to check out the imgur album for many more shots (some of which are more gratuitous than others).

Darxmarx

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarxMarx
3DS FC
2020-0150-5391
Please forgive the double post, because this post is gonna be totally cool!

It's Ocarina of Time Sheik! She comes with three team colors, as well as an alternate version of her main costume based more closely on how she appears in Ocarina of Time! But that's not all, oh no. This is more than a texture edit.

Have you ever noticed that Brawl's Sheik suffers from a bad case of PANCAKE BUTT?

Now I know Zelda's gotta be packin' more than that because Link is always after that booty, so Sheik's butt has been made rounder and smoother. Don't worry, this isn't some pervy huge boobs/butt mod you might find on the Brawl Vault, but rather a more realistic shaping of what Sheik's ninja keester would look like. Just take a gander and those pompas.

Make sure to check out the imgur album for many more shots (some of which are more gratuitous than others).
It makes me incredibly happy that great effort is put into these alts, from appealing colors to the important comprehension of proper butt status. Excellent job!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Hi again, has anyone tested the Mr. L costume in 3.6? because I think I might be having the same problem as with Commander Lucas.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I have the solution. First question, do you know what BrawlBox is?
yes, but I don't know what part of luigi is not working in 3.6

Edit:
nvm just saw the size of the Mr. L .pac file and its huge in comparison to the original and the recolors. Went in to brawlbox to lower the filesize.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Generations has Espio in it right? If I wanted to get his shoes and put it onto the Smash 3 Sonic pink alt that has his bracers, what program(s) would I need? Possibly Vector's shoes/bracers for the green alt too.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I tried importing the smash 3 sonic sneakers, and cloth onto the smash 3 brawl sonic, and it freezes. So when i tried to lower the textures quality a little, it doesnt freeze but the textures are MESSED UP. Can somebody please help?

Juken

Smash Ace
I tried importing the smash 3 sonic sneakers, and cloth onto the smash 3 brawl sonic, and it freezes. So when i tried to lower the textures quality a little, it doesnt freeze but the textures are MESSED UP. Can somebody please help?
Oh, are you already trying to do what I was talking about..? The help would be useful to both of us.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Oh, are you already trying to do what I was talking about..? The help would be useful to both of us.
Egh... Not that way. I dont have 3DS MAX and the trial ran out. Plus, i was doing a brawlbox port instead, thats how i got the shoes and cloth...

Juken

Smash Ace
Egh... Not that way. I dont have 3DS MAX and the trial ran out. Plus, i was doing a brawlbox port instead, thats how i got the shoes and cloth...
ah, I see.

By the way, I did a stock icon for the first melee wolf costume you made. It's basically the pirate wolf costume's icon, but I removed the scar since Wolf has the same face.
InfStc.436.png

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I fixed Dark Link's face as well as BrawlBox makes it possible, and updated the link.

yes, but I don't know what part of luigi is not working in 3.6

Edit:
nvm just saw the size of the Mr. L .pac file and its huge in comparison to the original and the recolors. Went in to brawlbox to lower the filesize.
And I also updated the Mr. L so that it still has much higher quality but won't crash with 3.6b.

These are some great remakes of the PM skins! Just like The Smash 3 Team,you seem to have put effort into these! And they're great! But,I have a few questions.
1. Why are Smash 3 Snake,Samus and Kirby are here and not in the Original Smash 3 Thread?
2. Is Jet Set Sonic final?
3. As I was screwing around in this thread,you had mentioned some skins that aren't in the main page. Why aren't they there anymore?
That's basically it!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
These are some great remakes of the PM skins! Just like The Smash 3 Team,you seem to have put effort into these! And they're great! But,I have a few questions.
1. Why are Smash 3 Snake,Samus and Kirby are here and not in the Original Smash 3 Thread?
2. Is Jet Set Sonic final?
3. As I was screwing around in this thread,you had mentioned some skins that aren't in the main page. Why aren't they there anymore?
That's basically it!
1. The Kirby/Snake are their own version by individuals, they were impatient. Samus will have her Smash 4/Other M look.
2. We want to make a Jet Set Sonic with the Sonic Generations model in the Smash 3 pack, this one uses the brawl model. I'd love to see it updated to the different model too. That part happens to be hard.
3. We have a higher quality standard right now. When this thread first was made we had some that weren't even rimlit or have proper renders. Now we need that. A few that are gone are Outset Toon Link and Melee Falco. But don't worry one day they will return better than ever! If you want them you could find a few on the brawl vault if you look.

Last edited:
Top Bottom