• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
http://imgur.com/a/0eKTh
For people who miss old smash 3 brawl sonic, im working on him! Hes got the new smash 3 sneakers, eyes, sphere and eye textures! Hes almost done though, but theres two issues:
1. Eye highlight.
2. His right hands fingers are messed up.
If anybody would like to help, pm me!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/a/0eKTh
For people who miss old smash 3 brawl sonic, im working on him! Hes got the new smash 3 sneakers, eyes, sphere and eye textures! Hes almost done though, but theres two issues:
1. Eye highlight.
2. His right hands fingers are messed up.
If anybody would like to help, pm me!
I hate to be that guy, but I don't understand the benefit of using this over a retextured vBrawl Sonic. I mean if I wanted the Generations shoes, wouldn't I want the Generations model altogether? I'm just hoping you'll make some sense of this for me.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I hate to be that guy, but I don't understand the benefit of using this over a retextured vBrawl Sonic. I mean if I wanted the Generations shoes, wouldn't I want the Generations model altogether? I'm just hoping you'll make some sense of this for me.
Well, i want it to be more than brawl sonic, i wanna make it much more different. I mean, i dont just want the old smash 3 sonic and put it on the vault, thats lazy, i wanna make it more different by adding in the generations shoes and cloth. Not only that, but add in the sphere and eye textures, so it looks more smash 3ish. Not only that but i also changed the fur, to match smash 3 sonic more. The point is, if people love smash 3 sonic but prefer the brawl model (me). So thats why i went ahead and made this. I can't really explain, but you might understand.

Last edited:

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Well, i want it to be more than brawl sonic, i wanna make it much more different. I mean, i dont just want the old smash 3 sonic and put it on the vault, thats lazy, i wanna make it more different by adding in the generations shoes and cloth. Not only that, but add in the sphere and eye textures, so it looks more smash 3ish. Not only that but i also changed the fur, to match smash 3 sonic more. The point is, if people love smash 3 sonic but prefer the brawl model (me). So thats why i went ahead and made this. I can't really explain, but you might understand.
Hmmm...I still don't quite understand your point. So is it supposed to be an "update" to the original s3 sonic, or are you making making a sonic oc?
If you're trying to create an "update" then I agree with what ledge said. Having the newer sneakers is somewhat redundent. But if you're trying to make an oc...I'm not sure what you should do. In my honest opinion, I don't think people will download an original character due to the fact that...well, it's created to benefit the creators liking, not others.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
tl;dr, Brawl Sonic model with Smash 3 styled textures in case others prefer brawl model over the "modern" model.

@ kazan kazan Do you understand now?

Yet I also don't understand why he changed the shoes... they're almost the same as Brawl, but with different textures.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
tl;dr, Brawl Sonic model with Smash 3 styled textures.

Yet I also don't understand why he changed the shoes... they're almost the same as Brawl, but with different textures.
Maybe because the shoes are high poly than brawl or are already detailed in the current Smash 3 style unlike S3 Brawl Sonic's shoes.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
tl;dr, Brawl Sonic model with Smash 3 styled textures in case others prefer brawl model over the "modern" model.

ah, thanks for clearing this up.
Thats the reason why. Same thing with the cloth.
Also, I don't understand what the cloth is for, just for a sonic boom alt, or..

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've started working on Smash 3 textures for Fusion Suit Samus (following Taiko's guide), but this is my first time making a texture like this, so I'm a little unsure of where to go next... I've done the base shapes and the line detailing, but what tools should I use to get a good lighting effect on the suit? I'm using photoshop, and I'd like to get a similar effect as the Brawl Samus textures.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I've started working on Smash 3 textures for Fusion Suit Samus (following Taiko's guide), but this is my first time making a texture like this, so I'm a little unsure of where to go next... I've done the base shapes and the line detailing, but what tools should I use to get a good lighting effect on the suit? I'm using photoshop, and I'd like to get a similar effect as the Brawl Samus textures.
Which part of the suit? Blue fleshy or the yellow/red metal parts?

If you wanna go Smash 3 style, I'd copy Smash 3 samus, and not Brawl's.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Which part of the suit? Blue fleshy or the yellow/red metal parts?

If you wanna go Smash 3 style, I'd copy Smash 3 samus, and not Brawl's.
Sorry, I forgot to type "3C" Brawl Samus, should've checked... Also, I've split it up into the red helmet, the blue fleshy parts, and the yellow suit. I've never made a texture from the beginning, only edited them, but I know Photoshop pretty well. Any tips for shading metal or fleshy areas would be appreciated.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Lighting effect? Are you referring to rimlighting? They have a guide on the first page. Hopefully that helps you out.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Lighting effect? Are you referring to rimlighting? They have a guide on the first page. Hopefully that helps you out.
No, I'm talking about texturing, not shaders on the model. When I say lighting, I mean making the texture look like metal and not just being flat colors, not adding a model effect.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
ah, thanks for clearing this up.

Also, I don't understand what the cloth is for, just for a sonic boom alt, or..
The cloth looks better than the brawl cloth as well, so i used that. Also, brawl sonic is going to have all the smash 3 costumes. If anyone wants to help, you can PM me.

rockenberu009

Smash Rookie
The recolors for Sonic works in P.M 3.6b? I really like that Nights recolor and wanted to use in PM but i don't want to change all the things like csp, bp,etc. if they not worked

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
The sonic recolors do work. I think most of the Smash 3 stuff works, the only issue I am having is with sheik, but thats something on my end, not smash 3.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209057

No offence to the creator or anything, but it would be nice to help this project become a more professional piece to the collection
It'd be cool if Toon Link had an alternate version of his default costume similar to this awesome OoT one you guys did. One where Toon Link would have the model of the Mirror Shield and the Power Bracelets from Wind Waker added on.
Not a request thread.

If things happen, it'll be because a creator wants to, not because you brought it up.

Just look forward to what this group is releasing on their own time and enjoy. :)

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

I know some of you are creaming your Sonic shorts right now, because hot diggity damn, Aghanim did it. Jet Set Sonic now has the Generations model, and it looks saucy.

The Brawl model is still included, for anyone who wants it. Here's an interesting comparison shot:

That's just about it, for now, but I heard some more characters are going to be released soon. Maybe I made that up, though.

Dreamtastic72

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dreamtastic72
3DS FC
4055-4504-6947

I know some of you are creaming your Sonic shorts right now, because hot diggity damn, Aghanim did it. Jet Set Sonic now has the Generations model, and it looks saucy.

The Brawl model is still included, for anyone who wants it. Here's an interesting comparison shot:

That's just about it, for now, but I heard some more characters are going to be released soon. Maybe I made that up, though.
I don't know how you guys did this but this is some outstanding work right here. Great Job!

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
AUUUUUUUGHHHH!!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!!! AWESOME WORK!!!

By the way, I recommend using my updated Jet Set Sonic Stock image.. However, if you determine the older one is better than keep it that way.

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but what's the difference?
The Headset is fixed so that you can see Sonic's ears. In the old stock image, Sonic's ears wasn't visible which doesn't hold truth to Sonic's Jet Set Studio model.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
To be more specific it's the head, tail, and back spikes that are from the generations model. The hands, arms, legs and body are the PM one. Those other parts did have to be vertexed to match though.. man what a change, poetry in motion. Who could have thought it would ever be done?

It wasn't easy getting to this point, I can't stress enough how much of an accomplishment this was.

I mean just look at the troubleshooting I had to report to Aghanim about this

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes

By the way, I recommend using my updated Jet Set Sonic Stock image.. However, if you determine the older one is better than keep it that way.
You're doing great, yourself. Gentlemen, I think it's obvious that this man's Stock Icons should be in the Next Build.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Did... did it copy the paintbrush logo texture from the level? How is that even possible?
Missing/mispelled texture name in the material. It picks a random texture from the scene... it could be from a stage, item, character, etc. Its usually from the stage.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

OH. MY. GOD.
edit: I also just noticed the hair doesnt move, but to me, that even makes it look better, because sanics moving hair bothers me.

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me Ledgerewskie but if it's not much to ask do you have any CSP of the Smash 3C character that have the same pose as Smash 3? Example: Smash 3C Mr. L doesn't have matching CSP as Smash 3 Luigi and Smash 3C Ice Climbers (Coat) doesn't have matching CSP with Smash 3 Ice Climbers. I enjoy matching CSPs.

BTW
Golden Falcon
Blood Falcon
Captain America

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
OH. MY. GOD.
edit: I also just noticed the hair doesnt move, but to me, that even makes it look better, because sanics moving hair bothers me.
Thanks for pointing out that large oversight. Aghanim had a lot of problems with this model and must've missed that after so much trouble. Hopefully he or someone with the know-how can fix it.

I remembered that you posted this, but when I went to check the file you posted, it was deleted from Dropbox! It does look better, but I feel like the headphones are too dark and look a bit like they're blending into his glasses now that they are touching.

Excuse me Ledgerewskie but if it's not much to ask do you have any CSP of the Smash 3C character that have the same pose as Smash 3? Example: Smash 3C Mr. L doesn't have matching CSP as Smash 3 Luigi and Smash 3C Ice Climbers (Coat) doesn't have matching CSP with Smash 3 Ice Climbers. I enjoy matching CSPs.
The Smash 3 update, which will hopefully be out some time this year, will be giving new CSPs to a lot of characters, like Luigi and Ice Climbers. If you notice, there's usually an effort to make matching CSPs for characters that already have updated renders (Wario Man has three CSPs, for instance), but I'm not going to put so much effort into matching the Smash 3 renders that will soon be outdated.

The Falcon icons look cool, by the way. Since you like making stock icons, If you ever want to do matching stock icons for all the Smash 3C alts, like Hector Ike, for instance, I would include them in the downloads.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
I remembered that you posted this, but when I went to check the file you posted, it was deleted from Dropbox! It does look better, but I feel like the headphones are too dark and look a bit like they're blending into his glasses now that they are touching.
Sorry if I'm annoying by posting so much but here.. I fixed it.

Also thanks for replying back about the CSP issue. I shall be patient.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace

BTW
Golden Falcon
Blood Falcon
Captain America
Is there even a Smash 3C version of the Blood Falcon on Brawl Vault?

Top Bottom