• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Juken

Smash Ace
Nope, however if someone does they can use that.
Nobody seems to be doing Falcon skins for Smash 3C. I'm guessing it's because everybody's waiting to see what the new one looks like... Last update for him showed him getting a facelift.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for pointing out that large oversight.
Thanks for letting me known about this, I'm sorry for this; it wasn't intended so I went ahead and fixed that; enjoy the moving head spikes of jet set sonic!

Redownload it now:

I recommend using my updated Jet Set Sonic Stock image.. However, if you determine the older one is better than keep it that way.
I liked your old stock image more than the newer one and so I made few adjustements and changes to your previous one... I hope you like this (I included this in the update):
> old one
> new one

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Thanks for letting me known about this, I'm sorry for this; it wasn't intended so I went ahead and fixed that; enjoy the moving head spikes of jet set sonic!

Redownload it now:

I liked your old stock image more than the newer one and so I made few adjustements and changes to your previous one... I hope you like this (I included this in the update):
> old one
> new one
Still gonna keep the old one because to me, it looks more smash 4ish, with the hair not moving. Anyways, has someone started progress on SNES Falcon? Or the samus alts from PM?

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Still gonna keep the old one because to me, it looks more smash 4ish, with the hair not moving. Anyways, has someone started progress on SNES Falcon? Or the samus alts from PM?
i started on the Dark Suit long ago, but i asked in some of the past pages if someone could give me the UV maps for guidelines because my computer wouldn't run Blender correctly (seriously, look at this), but no one answered

Juken

Smash Ace
I'm changing some of the trail effects for Smash 3C Sonic alts. I plan on doing one for the Knights and Knuckles costume, and I'll be adding my custom "wind" effect for when Sonic does his up-tilt or forward-air. If none of you guys noticed, that has the red trail for all of his alts, so I made it into a generic streak of wind looking trail.

hanm_zanzo00.png

It looks like this ingame:

What do you guys think of this visual? And by the way, does that excalibur sonic look like it fits the other Smash 3 skins? I want to add it to my build, but worry about it being out of place. I did run-trails for him long ago.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'm changing some of the trail effects for Smash 3C Sonic alts. I plan on doing one for the Knights and Knuckles costume, and I'll be adding my custom "wind" effect for when Sonic does his up-tilt or forward-air. If none of you guys noticed, that has the red trail for all of his alts, so I made it into a generic streak of wind looking trail.

View attachment 61837

What do you guys think of this visual? And by the way, does that excalibur sonic look like it fits the other Smash 3 skins? I want to add it to my build, but worry about it being out of place. I did run-trails for him long ago.
I really, really like the new trails. As for Excalibur Sonic, it definitely fits more with a vBrawl style, but with some work it could come around IMO.

Juken

Smash Ace
Alright, did the Knuckles run-trail; it's basically a hacked up and recolored version of the Silver one, made to look more like Knuckles' boots/socks. how's this look? Did another version with the right side looking lighter too, so tell me which looks better:

knuckles trail.png

Top one ingame:
This looks like the red isn't showing at all, but it's textured like how his shoes work, so I don't know how I could make it look better. Some feedback would be nice.

Edit - Knights one. Not perfect, but seems good enough ingame:

Ingame:

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Guys, ill be going on a trip today for 4 days... You wont see me most likely, but i might work on some stuff.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
i started on the Dark Suit long ago, but i asked in some of the past pages if someone could give me the UV maps for guidelines because my computer wouldn't run Blender correctly (seriously, look at this), but no one answered
I remember that I wanted to help you troubleshoot blender, because I think it's a very good tool for texturing itself. Removing seams is pretty difficult when you still have to preview in BrawlBox instead of being able to instantly compare the change with the same angle. Regardless, you can get the UVs from BrawlBox if you look at the materials.

View attachment 61837

The trail looks nice, and I hope you finish and upload your work when you finish. As for Excalibur Sonic, he definitely needs some work. The nice thing is that I think you could get away with turning much of it into flat shades of gold, and letting a spec map do most of the work. You'd still have to draw all the overlapping of the armor, as well as the other details, but it could end up being less work than it looks like.

Is there a proper place to make requests? I have an idea that would fit well with the 3C team's earlier work.
At the moment, no, because most of the people producing content are not going to pay attention to requests and it becomes a mostly-useless post. More importantly, it's frustrating when someone spends weeks of work on something and no one acknowledges it because they are busy requesting different things (it has happened before and it's the reason the rule was made by me and kazan). This may be changed in the future when all the PM alts are finished, but honestly I would like to encourage people to try any ideas themselves - if it ends up looking like it needs help, there is more than likely someone who would be willing to offer it if they saw an attempt made already.

However, I don't think anyone would mind if you had a clever or helpful suggestion about something someone is working on, previewing, or has posted - that's quite a bit different.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
=At the moment, no, because most of the people producing content are not going to pay attention to requests and it becomes a mostly-useless post. More importantly, it's frustrating when someone spends weeks of work on something and no one acknowledges it because they are busy requesting different things (it has happened before and it's the reason the rule was made by me and kazan). This may be changed in the future when all the PM alts are finished, but honestly I would like to encourage people to try any ideas themselves - if it ends up looking like it needs help, there is more than likely someone who would be willing to offer it if they saw an attempt made already.

However, I don't think anyone would mind if you had a clever or helpful suggestion about something someone is working on, previewing, or has posted - that's quite a bit different.
That's fair. I definitely want people to feel that their work means something, and if requests get in the way of that, I'll give it a go myself if I find the time to learn.

Of course, anything related to a current project's creation seems game. Glad to know constructive criticism (even from an amateur's eyes) is supported.

Juken

Smash Ace
I don't know how exactly I'd go about releasing this thing. It's a run trail for the 2 skins that are in a pack in the OP, and then a completely unrelated trail effect for his up-tilt and forward-air.

I could just upload the FitSonic file with everything in it right now though, for anyone who wants to use it.
http://puu.sh/j0Hlz/d30ebf0de7.pac

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
Um Hello, I'm new and I'd like to know how to submit something here, do I just post a link to my Smash 3C characters I made or is there something else I have to do?

Ardusk

Smash Rookie
Um Hello, I'm new and I'd like to know how to submit something here, do I just post a link to my Smash 3C characters I made or is there something else I have to do?
Just post the link and some in-game screenshots and that should be fine.

Juken

Smash Ace
It seems kind of awkward that people release things like above and it won't be added to the OP because it's nto up to some qulaity standard...

Could there at least be some "runner up" section that doesn't have a banner, but has a list? Or maybe if Modulus ever gets a "collection" feature, then all the Smash 3C skins could be added to them so long as they fit the style?

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Or perhaps we can work as a team in order to help bring these up to that quality standard.

I don't know how exactly I'd go about releasing this thing. It's a run trail for the 2 skins that are in a pack in the OP, and then a completely unrelated trail effect for his up-tilt and forward-air.

I could just upload the FitSonic file with everything in it right now though, for anyone who wants to use it.
http://puu.sh/j0Hlz/d30ebf0de7.pac
Do you have a preview of sorts to show it off?

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
My above posts before that one contain the preview.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Here are mine (Screenshots are in imgur albums): Darkspine Sonic -
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209079

Goku Gi Lucario -
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209057
The banners are kinda messy... And i think you couldve used the golden ring sonic instead of red bracelet sonic for darkspine. To me, that would look better but keep the bracelets like that if you want. Also, i think you should make Goku Gi lucarios fur black instead of blue, looks better like that but like i said before, keep it like that if you want. Your choice.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
The banners are kinda messy... And i think you couldve used the golden ring sonic instead of red bracelet sonic for darkspine. To me, that would look better but keep the bracelets like that if you want. Also, i think you should make Goku Gi lucarios fur black instead of blue, looks better like that but like i said before, keep it like that if you want. Your choice.
Yeah, I made the banners with the CSPs and which golden rings sonic do you mean? The smash 3 one and I might make a black fur alt as well

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
Some ingame images! textures are still wip

EDIT: Updated textures

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Does that use the fixed Dr. Mario model that's more to scale with Mario or the original?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Im using Project M model for Dr. Mario
I really don't get why you guys are asking him if he's using the Taiko/Codex Fixed model when PM3.6 has updated his model with the fixed one, also he's clearly using the fixed model!, look at his small buttons on his gloves, the old one didn't had those

Good job TEMVSL on the doctor mario skin, as a mario main I enjoy that. You also might want for recolors to change his cape colors like it happened with PM3.5. In PM3.6 Doc capes are all white due to an overlook of the guys who fixed his model.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
PM3.6 already uses that updated model, everyone.

Please feel free to post anything you make in the thread! It's nice to see people working on things.

Here are mine (Screenshots are in imgur albums): Darkspine Sonic -
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209079

Goku Gi Lucario -
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209057
These aren't bad, and the Darkspine Sonic seems pretty well-done, but the banner would tell people otherwise. How are you resizing the images here?

www.modulous.net Can we post Smash 3C mods to this site? Brawl Vault keeps crashing.
I have some problems with this site still. I saw that a lot of mods were added without proper credits, and the tagging system isn't so great when searching "Ganon" comes up with three Ganondorf mods, and searching "Ganondorf" comes up with none.

It seems kind of awkward that people release things like above and it won't be added to the OP because it's nto up to some qulaity standard...

Could there at least be some "runner up" section that doesn't have a banner, but has a list? Or maybe if Modulus ever gets a "collection" feature, then all the Smash 3C skins could be added to them so long as they fit the style?
If people just use Smash 3C in their title on KC-MM, it shouldn't be a problem finding their work. I don't think I'll be changing the OP to include mods that don't meet a certain standard - I'd rather people just improve their work until it can be added, which usually requires some cooperation. If you look at the OP, there isn't one mod there that wasn't worked on cooperatively in some way, through Skype, Smashboards PM'ing, or this thread.

Some ingame images! textures are still wip

EDIT: Updated textures
He looks pretty good! I have an idea that you could try to improve it further, though. You should add some specs all over the place, like on the metal bits. Try also making the stethoscope cord a flat shade of black and adding specs to it as well.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
I've been resizing it by cropping the CSP to about smash 3/3c's banner and resize it to fit the banner. I also agree that they look sloppy, but I have no other way of doing so right now but if there's a better way I'd like to know how

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I've been resizing it by cropping the CSP to about smash 3/3c's banner and resize it to fit the banner. I also agree that they look sloppy, but I have no other way of doing so right now but if there's a better way I'd like to know how
What program are you using to resize, and what are you doing exactly? Because even upscaling shouldn't look that bad, really.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've been using paint.net
Do you have larger images of the model, or are you just recoloring the csps? It looks like you're resizing the in game portraits and making them larger than they need to be. If you don't have larger images, you can render them in blender, or if your computer's not good enough, recolor larger renders. I can help make your banners look better if you want, I have photoshop. I don't have the resources to render, but if no one renders your models, I can make edits of existing renders if needed.

Top Bottom