• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

緑天龍 (Green Heavenly Dragon) Fire Emblem's Green-haired Lethal Beauty, Lyndis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Owain being the main character would've made things really interesting in terms of story development.

And for the record, out of the post 6 Final Fantasy games I've played, VII, VIII, and XIII, I had no real problems with their characters. I liked seeing their struggles and are generally more the wiser by the end of the game.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Owain being the main character would've made things really interesting in terms of story development.
Imagine if that really happened, than Owain could be on a Adventure looking for some of the most Legendary swords from Tryfing to Armads.

D

Deleted member

And for the record, out of the post 6 Final Fantasy games I've played, VII, VIII, and XIII, I had no real problems with their characters. I liked seeing their struggles and are generally more the wiser by the end of the game.
I've played III, IV, VII, VIII, X and I think that's it.

I have no interest in XIII, though I might eventually play it. I really wanna get around to playing VI, I have it. I'm just lazy in regard to RPGs. IV is my favorite in the series so far.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That is definitely one possible route. Another, in terms of character development, was that he learns to become a leader, but also learns to use his dramatics as strength to rally his troops (considering Vaike is likely his canon father).

XIII is not for everyone, and with good reason. The game is very linear (though one could argue that most RPGs are this, just hiding it) and auto fight CAN make things easy early on. However, the battle system, in my opinion, is really good and great because the paradigm system requires you to have rounded out teams and to switch constantly to end things fast.

The story is a lot to swallow and the protagonists are annoying at first, but they get better, especially Lightning, Snow, and Hope.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
That is definitely one possible route. Another, in terms of character development, was that he learns to become a leader, but also learns to use his dramatics as strength to rally his troops (considering Vaike is likely his canon father).
Yea, with that strange but similar pesonality, Teach vs. Hero of Epoch anyone.

D

Deleted member

I'll look into XIII, it's just not a priority. RPGs are just normally a real drag for me, so maybe the paradign system will keep me going. We'll see, after all, I never finished VII, I got bored with it after a while.

Chrono Trigger on the other hand...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A challenger approaching screen I made earlier. If I see this in Smash 4, I can die happily. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A Lyn movest I found on the WiiChat.com forums. It's also quite close to what I envision as as her moveset.

@Manly
Maybe you can add it to the OP with credit to Mr. MR, who created it.

Lyndis, also more commonly known as Lyn, is one of the three main characters of Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, the first Fire Emblem game to go international. From her humble origins in the plains, Lyn has been noted as a deep, caring, and kind-hearted soul. She rarely thinks ill of others and, despite the circumstances, always believes on the best of things. Lyn did make an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl but as an Assist Trophy but she was not an actual character. She wields both the Mani Katti and the Sol Katti, twin legendary katanas. Lyn wields her Sol Katti with her right hand and the Mani Katti with her left.

Lyn is a lightweight character who is about the same size as Marth. She cannot wall cling nor can she crawl. She is faster than Marth, in both movement and attacks, but she weaker than Marth, in both attack strength and defense.

Neutral B: Bow

Lyn pulls out her bow and fires an arrow. Charging this move will result in her spinning the arrow in the air above her. When the charge is released or when the attack reaches full charge she will fire the arrow. This attack can be angled. The longer the charge the more damage and knockback it does and the farther the arrow will travel.

Side B: Mani Strike

This is a chargeable move. When charging Lyn pulls her Mani Katti behind her creating three images of herself. When holding the charge, Lyn will continue to pull her sword up from behind her until it is by her face and pointed forwards. She will not move her Sol Katti but keep it pointing up and in front of her. When the charge is released, Lyn disappears in a flash traveling in a straight line. If she hits an enemy she will strike the opponent from behind. After the strike her momentum will push her away from the opponent but towards her starting position and she will still be facing in the same direction of when she started the move. If performed on the ground she will slide back, with the distance determined by how long she was charging. In the air this attack can be used as a recovering technique, however this attack will exhaust her. If she strikes an opponent in the air, the momentum direction will still be the same (so be careful). Damage and knockback is determined by how long Lyn was charging. This attack fully charged will travel about half the distance of FD.

Up B: Sol Slash

Lyn points her Sol Katti down and behind her then slashes it upwards. If an opponent is hit by the first strike he will be sent directly upwards. She then disappears and quickly reappears right above where she performed the move. If you hit a smash command before she reappears she will perform an aerial attack right as she appears. After the final attack she will be exhausted.

Down B: Counter
Lyn quickly bends down low in a slanted fighting position. Her Mani Katti is wielded backwards with the blade parallel with her arm which is slanted downwards. Lyn's Sol Katti is up by her face pointed forwards. She will flash green for a second. If she is dealt damage when she is flashing green, Lyn will strike with both swords in the direction of the attack.

Final Smash: Critical Strike

Somewhat like the Sol Katti Critical Strike except she strikes with both swords. Lyn points her Sol Katti down at the ground. Lyn's Mani Katti will be wielded backwards. When she points the Sol Katti downwards her image is split into five. She then disappears and rushes forward in a blaze of light. If any opponent is hit by the attack she will slice them six times with both swords. While this is happening the camera starts to move to view her and the one she hit from above. On the sixth his she disappears and images of herself can be seen all around the opponent flashing in and out. On the final hit the opponent will be launched with extreme damage and knockback and Lyn will freeze her position facing away from the opponent and with her swords drawn like she completed a slash.

Grabbing: Lyn grabs with her left arm while holding her Sol Katti right beside her.

Pummel: Lyn pummels the opponent with the pommel of her Sol Katti.

Forward Throw: Lyn lets go of the opponent, takes a step back with her left foot, and strikes with her Sol Katti at a downward and diagonal angle.

Back Throw: Lyn throws them back then spin kicks them.

Up Throw: Lyn slashes diagonally with her Mani Katti, then she bends down, jumps up and slashes from down to top with her Sol Katti.

Down Throw: Lyn throws the opponent on the ground and then steps on them.

Jab: Lyn slashes her Mani Katti horizontally. Pressing the Jab button again will make her slash with her Sol Katti from a downward and diagonal angle. The first hit has no knockback and small damage and the second slash has good knockback and damage.

Neutral Air: Lyn spins around with both swords held out in a 90 degree angle with her arm.

Side A: Lyn slashes with her Mani Katti from a downward diagonal angle. She then turns bringing her Sol Katti up high in the air. She then strikes with the Sol Katti from the same angle she struck with the Mani Katti. This sequence of attacks happens very quickly. The first strike is a stun strike dealing little damage and no knockback. The second strike deals good damage and knockback.

Side Tilt: Lyn leans forward and slashes horizontally with her Sol Katti. Pressing the A Button again will make her slice from a downward diagonal angle with her Mani Katti. Pressing it one more time will make her lean forward and stab with her Sol Katti.

Forward Air: Lyn swings her Sol Katti vertically in front of her.

Back Air: Lyn turns her body counterclockwise and kicks with her left foot.

Up A: Lyn uses both hands to sweep her Sol Katti above her.

Up Tilt: Lyn swings both swords in an arc above her.

Up Air: Lyn sweeps her Sol Katti above her starting from behind her and ending in front of her. She follows this movement with a front flip

Down A: Lyn swings her Sol Katti back, then she swings both swords forward at a downward angle.

Down Tilt/Crouch Attack: Lyn sweeps her Mani Katti under the opponent.

Down Air: Lyn sweeps both swords under her in opposite directions. This move spikes.

Dash Attack: Lyn side slashes with her Mani Katti, then stabs with her Sol Katti.

Ground Attack: Lyn jumps up from the ground and then proceeds swings her swords on both sides of her in two very quick motions.

Ledge Attack #1: Lyn pushes the ledge, giving herself a boot. She then slashes with both swords at the same time.

Ledge Attack #2: Lyn slashes her Sol Katti, then quickly pulls herself up from the ledge.

Dodge: Lyn turns her body barley dodging the attack.

Side Dodge: Lyn rolls backwards or forwards.

Stage Entry: Lyn's stage entrance is exactly like Marth’s and Ike’s. She appears floating and slowly spinning above a glowing seal.

Victory Pose #1: Lyn bends down in a low fighting position. Both swords are sheathed. Both of her hands are on the handle of her Sol Katti. She then, in a flash, draws her katana and performs a lightning fast slash staring directly at the screen.

Victory Pose #2: Lyn spins both swords around then ends in a fighting stance.

Up Taunt: Lyn stands straight and with her Mani Katti held backwards, Lyn points her Sol Katti forwards. She then says, "Taste my blade!"

Side Taunt: Lyn brings her Mani Katti up in front of her face pointed up. She then quickly slashes it downwards. Then Lyn says, "I'll handle this."

Down Taunt: Lyn sheaths her Mani Katti, then twirlers her Sol Katti and ostentatiously sheaths it.

Also, two more music suggestions.
Lyn's Theme:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zu9kRwekxc
Lyn's Desire
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJf0JiRWAY0

D

Deleted member

Alright, while I will admit, I find the moveset a bit bland, it's still pretty good. Also, it's what I'd see Sakurai doing with Lyn tbh...

I've added it to the OP nonetheless.

Anyway, perhaps you can post my moveset over there? I wanna know what people might think of it.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a member there. Though Shortiecanbrawl is. Perhaps you can ask him.
Nah it alright man. My ego is not so big that I have THAT powerful of an urge to show off to others...

Hahahaha

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
It really sucks that Lyn has such low chances for sm4sh. I'd totally main her if she appeared, and she's really the only FE char that isn't insanely bland.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
By FE characters, I meant those considered newcomer candidates for SSB4. And I certainly agree with you about Ike, as I mained him when I still played brawl, though I find him a lot less enjoyable now that I play Project M.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Ike's not that exciting. The story of path of radiance is very exciting and he's legit in cutscenes but Ike himself is not that exciting. I would say Ike himself is just about as exciting as Chrom but IMO the story in path of radiance is much better than awakening but people seem to attribute the excitingness of the game with a not boring character. All in all he is though.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
That I understand completely. What I disagree with is when people say a character is bland just because the story around them in bland. It's kind of odd if you think about it. I think path of radiance had a great story but most of the characters don't really have much of a personality and are only featured in the chapter where they are unlocked, while in awakening the story is so so so predictable while nearly every character has an interesting unique personality. And then people still say Chrom is bland. People who probably haven't played awakening or path of radiance.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys. You all know you are arguing opinion right?

There is no right or wrong answer here.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't even talking about personality- I don't care about that at all. I meant more in terms of moveset and general archetype. Sorry for not specifying.
How many of you would like to include dual swords in Lyn's moveset? Personally, I'd find that awesome, but I could see people wishing for her more traditional appearance rather than awakening's.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't even talking about personality- I don't care about that at all. I meant more in terms of moveset and general archetype. Sorry for not specifying.
How many of you would like to include dual swords in Lyn's moveset? Personally, I'd find that awesome, but I could see people wishing for her more traditional appearance rather than awakening's.
My personal interpretation of Lyn was Awakening outfit, without the stupid coat.

I wouldn't mind her CARRYING two swords, but as for a Dual-sword moveset, you're welcome to think one up, I'll post it in the OP.

These two videos might serve as inspiration for that:

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll be doing a Lyn moveset then after I finish my K. Rool one then. It'll be interesting to see how I can make it fit with her whole Battōjutsu style and counter mechanic.

D

Deleted member

I guess I'll be doing a Lyn moveset then after I finish my K. Rool one then. It'll be interesting to see how I can make it fit with her whole Battōjutsu style and counter mechanic.
Well, Battoujutsu and Iaijutsu are not dual sword styles.

Both of those are single sword exclusive.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I have been a supporter of Lyn for as long as I can remember but shocking as it is for me. I no longer see her being added to the future roster. I have a decent vision that isn't to clear but most of my vision of seeing Lyndis being added is more blurry.

It's sad because her move set in Fire Emblem 7 is rather incredible.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
That has got to be the most detailed moveset I've ever seen.

I don't know about her chances though. Given that Roy is the most demanded character from the Elibe saga and Lyn is the least important of the main protagonists of Blazing Sword, I don't find her that likely. It's for those same reasons that I don't think adding her would be a good idea.

Just my 2 cents. Still a great moveset though! :)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
That has got to be the most detailed moveset I've ever seen.

I don't know about her chances though. Given that Roy is the most demanded character from the Elibe saga and Lyn is the least important of the main protagonists of Blazing Sword, I don't find her that likely. It's for those same reasons that I don't think adding her would be a good idea.

Just my 2 cents. Still a great moveset though! :)
who's move-set ScatmansWorld or Manly Spirit

D

Deleted member

Manly Spirit's. The detail blows me away.
Thanks bro, glad you like it.

You want me to add you to the supporters list?

Oh, and I know her shots are nigh impossible. It's mostly for fun dude, plus if she doesn't make it into Smash that moveset could always be put to work into an original concept.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Thanks bro, glad you like it.

You want me to add you to the supporters list?

Oh, and I know her shots are nigh impossible. It's mostly for fun dude, plus if she doesn't make it into Smash that moveset could always be put to work into an original concept.
I'm on the fence about being on the supporters list. I'm not very fond of her as a character, but she could have a cool moveset that I'd have fun with. I mean, I despise Ephraim as a character but wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash.

Oh why not. Go ahead and add me. :)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm on the fence about being on the supporters list. I'm not very fond of her as a character, but she could have a cool moveset that I'd have fun with. I mean, I despise Ephraim as a character but wouldn't mind seeing him in Smash.

Oh why not. Go ahead and add me. :)
Yeah, most lords are a bore compared to the other characters of the game. It's really because, the lord character has to have that herioc and determined personality while all the other characters seem to be more unique, personality wise. Lords are generic when it comes to their personality, but the allies seem to be able to flesh thmeselves out, since most of them don't need to have that generic "hero" personality.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, most lords are a bore compared to the other characters of the game. It's really because, the lord character has to have that herioc and determined personality while all the other characters seem to be more unique, personality wise. Lords are generic when it comes to their personality, but the allies seem to be able to flesh thmeselves out, since most of them don't need to have that generic "hero" personality.
Ike, Chrom, Micaiah, and Hector would like to have a word with you. Even though two of them aren't technically lords.
Though most of them are pretty generic. Characters like Marth and Eirika are very cookie-cutter-like.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ike, Chrom, Micaiah, and Hector would like to have a word with you. Even though two of them aren't technically lords.
Though most of them are pretty generic. Characters like Marth and Eirika are very cookie-cutter-like.
Funny that you say that, because most users on here think Chrom is boring. I happen to like Chrom myself really. I never thought he was all that boring.

Although Awakening was my first FE game, so I guess I wouldn't really know better.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Funny that you say that, because most users on here think Chrom is boring. I happen to like Chrom myself really. I never thought he was all that boring.

Although Awakening was my first FE game, so I guess I wouldn't really know better.
I thought Chrom was great as a protagonist. He was interesting, believable, flawed, and just plain awesome. :) Most people here probably think he's boring from a strictly Smash-related perspective.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Most people here probably think he's boring from a strictly Smash-related perspective.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Chrom isn't boring as a protagonist. He just doesn't bring a lot of stuff to smash that Ike or Marth can't do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom