• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

緑天龍 (Green Heavenly Dragon) Fire Emblem's Green-haired Lethal Beauty, Lyndis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Seeing this thread makes me wish she was playable in Brawl. A part of me still would like to see her, but realistically, it seems pretty slim.

Unless FE gets more characters that is. But even then, I think Ike and Roy have priority.
Same here. But her chances of becoming playable aren't that high. I wish she will become playable in any future installments. She may remain an assist character in 4th installment.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yet, she's one of the most recommended assist trophys to be playable next to Waluigi and Isaac.
Then who's this guy? Chopped liver?

:troll:

Joking aside, I agree. Having her playable would be amazing. I just support other FE characters first.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Then who's this guy? Chopped liver?

:troll:

Joking aside, I agree. Having her playable would be amazing. I just support other FE characters first.
Sorry, I forgot Little Mac but I got Isaac stuck in my head seeing him on every roster, when i don't really need him as much as Lyn

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Isaac and Lyn are the only assist trophies I wish to be converted to playable characters. There are others who also have a potential like Little Mac and Saki, but I don't mind about these two.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Reviving this thread, Anyways, I thought of this crazy idea, that would work like Pokemon Trainer. The FE 7 trio lords being one character(Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood) Lyn being the light, fast one = Squirtle, Eliwood being the balanced one = Ivysaur, and Hector being the slow and Heavy = Charizard. With their tactician being the like the person in the background like the Pokemon Trainer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol, FE7 is one of the best games I've ever played, but I don't think it deserves that much representation. :p :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a little bit stretched yeah...

But I'd love Hector. The idea just doesn't make that much sence...

D

Deleted member

Lyndis is pretty much one of the only females I support along with Palutena.

D

Deleted member

Hey, this thread got bumped! Neato

Reviving this thread, Anyways, I thought of this crazy idea, that would work like Pokemon Trainer. The FE 7 trio lords being one character(Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood) Lyn being the light, fast one = Squirtle, Eliwood being the balanced one = Ivysaur, and Hector being the slow and Heavy = Charizard. With their tactician being the like the person in the background like the Pokemon Trainer.
I dunno, I don't see this idea working, mostly because it would take the focus away from the individual lords and their abilities to make them a transforming character.

The idea behind having Lyn, at least for me, is to have the opportunity at a combo-heavy fast character with a Japanese sword style. Something it seems only she can achieve, as Takamaru is more of a Ranged character with careful and thought out moves.

Anyway, I should also mention I plan on reworking her moveset AGAIN again. Some of my recent exp with Muramasa and some fighting games have given me more direction in how to make her flow better as a combo character, as well as some ideas for some moves she could use for combos. I think this will really help solidiy what I envision in this character for others.

Likewise, I'll try to get some gestures for ALL of her moves, not just the specials.

So stay put and keep an ear out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When I first joined SmashBoards, I used to think that the Brawl Assist trophies would be the playable newcomers this time.

Though I realized quickly that wasn't the case. While some of them still have a good chance (Waluigi, Tingle, Isaac, Little Mac), many of the others don't. :urg:

While I'm here, I'll add a few more music suggestions.
Precious things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqLEUX07dsI

Rise to the Challenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMr_pz1gh8I

An Unexpected Caller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cH2X0g1L-Q

Together, We Ride (I personally like it more than the Melee and Brawl remixes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e-oDSk5sTM

And lastly, My favourite: Companions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW_SrSBBKxM

I think there should be a Music Section in the OP.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Man, I love Lyndis... FE:7 got me hooked on the games in general. I'd love to see her get in.

D

Deleted member

Done and done.

Everyone feel free to contribute, whether it be fan art, move sets, music selections, or whatever else. I'll add them to the OP.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That move set you've made for Lyn ManlySpirit...that move set is legit. You've gotten me interested in Lyn now, and a character with a Battoujutsu style would be awesome to see in Smash.

D

Deleted member

That move set you've made for Lyn ManlySpirit...that move set is legit. You've gotten me interested in Lyn now, and a character with a Battoujutsu style would be awesome to see in Smash.
YES!

One more.

I should probably make a list of supporters in the OP.

Would my signature I added to the first page suffice? (-l.l-)
Yeah, it defo counts. Lemme go add it.

D

Deleted member

Support list and sigs added to the OP, just gotta have these guys confirm if they support or not:

Shortiecanbrawl
shinpichu
Frostwraith
Habanero

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Support list and sigs added to the OP, just gotta have these guys confirm if they support or not:

Shortiecanbrawl
shinpichu
Frostwraith
Habanero
I'm sort of neutral, but I like the idea of Lyn in Smash as a playable character, so you can add me to that list.

As I said before in the FE general discussion, if three slots were for Marth, Roy and Ike, the fourth would be for Lyn, Anna or Robin (AKA the Avatar).

D

Deleted member

Alright, done. Yeah, that's why I was wondering, because I knew you were mostly neutral.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Damn, if we actually would get Marth, Ike and Lyn as the Fire Emblem roster I'd be pretty damn estatic...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Add me to the supporters, she's the first on my mind when it comes to most likely non FE13 newcomer.
EDIT- Oh, wait I'm already on their :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've come to my conclusion, however unlikely it may seem I want the Fire Emblem roster to be: Marth, Ike, Roy and Lyn.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lyn is the most recognizable AT IMO, because, when Brawl first came out, since my Friends never even played a FE before, somehow they knew she was from FE. She's one of the best ones in the game too, I REALLY WANT HER PROMOTED IN TO PLAYABLE CHARACTER
..ahem... sorry about that but I really would like to see her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eastern Fire Emblem reps:
Marth, Roy

Western Fire Emblem reps:
Ike, Lyn

Let's hope this East vs West theme rumor is true.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Shortiecanbrawl
shinpichu
Frostwraith
Habanero
IDK...I mean, I wouldn't have anything against her being in the game, but there are other FE characters I'm more excited about.

So...no? *hides*

D

Deleted member

I've come to my conclusion, however unlikely it may seem I want the Fire Emblem roster to be: Marth, Ike, Roy and Lyn.
That's my ideal roster as well. It would please the most people imo.

IDK...I mean, I wouldn't have anything against her being in the game, but there are other FE characters I'm more excited about.

So...no? *hides*
That's fine dude. No one's forcing anyone to support. That's why I put you on the "not sure list" likewise with Shorts. I don't wanna put anyone on the list who doesn't support...

Unless I wanna piss them off. So, should I add Chrono? Hahahahaha

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lyn's are best chance for uniqueness in FE department. Chrom would be a semi clone of Marth and Ike, Lucina, sadly is too similar to Marth, Roy is already a clone, all the rest aren't as likely, sorry Anna I support you, its just that your just above Hector/Ephraim and Erika in likeliness. So hopefully we will get her with Marth, Ike and Roy.

D

Deleted member

Lyn's are best chance for uniqueness in FE department. Chrom would be a semi clone of Marth and Ike, Lucina, sadly is too similar to Marth, Roy is already a clone, all the rest aren't as likely, sorry Anna I support you, its just that your just above Hector/Ephraim and Erika in likeliness. So hopefully we will get her with Marth, Ike and Roy.
I feel the same way.

Chrom and Lucina aren't exactly exciting. Especially Chrom, him donning a lighting element puts me off even more. At least Lucina could use a more focused fencing style and be a sort of faster, less floaty Marth. But both are rather dull really.

Roy, I've tried to like the guy, I really have. I'm even working on a moveset for him, but my biggest gripe with Roy is that he's just such a generic RPG hero. He has NO merits in regard to personality to make him stand out. Especially when there are better contenders for that role in the likes of Shulk and Isaac both of who offer more variety. Roy has fire powers yes, but he lacks the manliness to put them to good use. I'll still try to churn out his moveset, but I don't feel it'll resonate with his character's personality. In my eyes, Roy just lacks the appeal, he's just more fangirl bait imo.

Anna, REALLY intrigues me. I love her Awakening design. And I think she's got merits. I just feel she's not important enough, as it's too soon for her to really take such a spotlight. It's a shame too because her wide array of tools and interesting personality make her another interesting character that I'd defo check out.

Robin is kinda the shoehorn for me. It's like Animal Crosser, there's no defined train. It's not someone iconic that can stand out from a crowd of important heroes. If Robin weren't a customizable character, they'd stand a better chance imo.

Lyn really where it stands at in regard to uniqueness. Sadly more people care about representing series and popularity than having fun diverse characters in a videogame.

Anyway, I've updated her moveset a little. Added some Damaged % to her attacks, added her stats, as well as edited some grammar errors. I plan on working on the gestures for her attacks next. Kinda wanna have something like this:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Litchi_Faye_Ling_(BBCSE)
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bang_Shishigami_(BBCSE)

With sprites and the like for her attacks to help visualize them as well as make more sense of the combos I posted at the end of the moveset.

Then I'll finish up Ashley, and post both of them on MYM. Hopefully this gets more people excited about those characters, though it's probably too late for that, but.. **** it, this is fun. Perhaps I'll use both of those as reference if I ever get around to making that fighting game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
inb4 rabid Roy fangirls.

Well, I do like Lyn for her merits of gameplay elements and design. At this point it's easier to talk about that character then say Chrom or Lucina. People don't think about it much, but being able to stand out is a factor in the end whether they like it or not. Lyn can offer something, and actually has legit support. Whether you like Lyn or not, you cannot exactly say that Chrom/Lucina would be the better choice in the long run.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
To be completely honest Lyn never really tickled my fancy... I don't know what it was. I guess for one thing she just wasn't very good on my play through of fire emblem and kind of fell by the wayside of my other characters. Or maybe I'm just bitter that she got to be an assist trophy. My personal wanted fire emblem roster that is possible would probly be Marth, Chrom, and the black knight. If I were to add a fourth I would think that it's a toss up between Roy and robin. I like ephraim and hector a ton but I don't see them possibly making it. Never really got the hype for Anna, I feel it would be similar as to adding nurse joy from pokemon. Sure she's been in nearly every game but she is also an extremely minor character in every game. In the end I would be happy if sakurai surprised me with the fire emblem roster, not just gone the easy route by having Marth, Ike, Chrom, and maybe Roy depending on time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The OP has been polished, I see.

I would also suggest centering the first Lyn image.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Manly, while I agree with you Lyn is the best bet for a total unique Fire Emblem newcomer, I do not agree that personality-wise, she's much better off than Roy.

The things you say about Roy is also part reason why say, Marth, Chrom and Lucina all actually aren't too interessting. Only Ike really stands out for his strenght and personality, but there are many people calling ****s on Ike's personality as well. Calling him a Gary Stue and whatnot.

Lemme just say that 'personality' really cannot be used in many Fire Emblem character's favor. Hector has it, Ike has it, but all other Lords, not all too much. Only thing going for them is their fighting style.

And in that regard, Lyn has many advantages over others. Even though I don't particulary like her as a unit or for her personality, I cannot deny the awesome potential she'd have in her moveset.

D

Deleted member

I totally agree with you Diddy. Lyn is no exception, ALL FE characters are boring as hell. They´re all very plain and generic. And in fact, Lyn´s Captain Obvious personality in FE7 was a bit jarring at times, nowhere near as bad as FI, but still pretty jarring. Though I heard somewhere that the localization team ****ed up her personality. Still what we got is what we got.

I think this is the problem with most NIntendo IP however. Most of them are just plain blank slates open for fan interpretation. The only characters who got a degree of depth have been Samus, Toon Link, Fox and the SF crew, Luigi, and a couple others.

What I meant to say is that, Roy to me is a disappointment because of what he could be, If he was a little more hardy, he´d be WAY more interesting. I´m not even saying turn him into a badass punk like Sol or Ragna. He could have easily been like Gurren Lagann´s Simon, going from whiny kid to manly badass, or at least Ichigo, who has that "I fight for my friends" deal all FE characters seem to have but with a flair of "I don't give a **** I do **** my way." Hell, if anything he could have been more like Teen Titan's Robin, generic and heroic sure, but some personality.

Roy to me just fits too much into the generic RPG stereotype and that bothers me. Like in regards to fighting, as I said, we've already got other contenders with similar roles and more interesting abilities imo. Lyn also suffers from being bland, but at least her combat abilities are unique enough to not give her much competition and still make her a breath of fresh air.

I dunno, maybe I'm being biased. Maybe my situation with Roy is like Noler_Mass's with Lyn. I really took a disliking for Roy after FE6, and the fact that his Awakening art still puts him out as fangirl bait is like.... bleh. I just never liked that character type, he reminds me of Hitsugaya from Bleach. Granted, I dislike most Awakening DLC artwork barring Marth, Leif, Elincia, and Ephriam.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well gotta agree with you there. But wonder what Lyn's personality would be like in the Japanese version though..? Cause it's weird she's got an apperantly 'better' personality in the Japanese version, yet she isn't all too popular over there. I know about the chances in Eliwood's character, but am curious about Lyn's now.

ALL Fire Emblem characters indeed are boring. And I see why you'd see Roy as nothing more than your typical average RPG character. Heck, you'd probably have to explain to your siblings that Pit, Isaac and Roy aren't all brothers or from the same game if they'd all be in Smash seeing as how they look. Just look at this comic:

But for Smash's specific design, Roy easily works. He'd be a semi-clone of Marth, with fire properties. But I personally hope they'll do something more unique, like in these videos:

Just look at the first few attacks he does. If they can make Roy like that, I'd totally love him. Neutral B also looks sexy.

Not too many new moves in this one, but the few we see look good.

All I gotta say is that this really look awesome:

Lyn related:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Owain would beg to differ. SWORD HAND DOWN! In fact oddly enough it almost seems to be in awakening that the only characters that don't have a unique and memorable personality are Chrom and Lucina...View attachment 521
We were talking about Lords, if we were to have most non-lord units are interesting in their own special way, I think its because Lords have to have that determined ;leader like personality, not like the humorous ones like Owain.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's funny when you think about it. I feel that Nintendo believes they're compelled to make their MAIN protogonists as generic so as to appeal to a wider audience. To a certain extent, they're right. We've all heard the complaints about the Final Fantasy protogonists for one one reasons or another, especially the post 6 ones.

Personally, I like my characters with flaws. Gives THEM some character development for once.

D

Deleted member

Owain makes me wish I had a 3DS so I could play Awakening already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom