• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canal Fulton Ohio Tourney April 7

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
haha hell ya..low tiers takes more skill but im probably just saying that cuz im a low tier *****..anyway no..dont raise the price vidjo you dont need any more money

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
I charge $15 for my tournies now and the turnout was better, just something to consider. And don't worry about vidjo, he can't play with broken thumbs.....

4% APR

Smash Champion
I haven't talked to Cque yet but something tells me he isn't gonna want to do 15. Let's see if we can get a couple more opinions.

XDoesUpB

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmmmm; I keep thinking about it and i just can't figure out why vidjo would want a larger payout. Anybody else get it??? :cool:

Impp

Smash Ace
10 $ seems fine with me, because there is gonna be low tier, teams and crews as well.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
$15? well, it doesnt matter to me really. i'm not in favour only cuz i know i probably wont be getting in on any of the cash, but we'll see what the committee decides on. we might just do it.

i'd also like to see what the general people's preference is... what does everyone say?

D20 - sweet. the setups is much appreciated. looking forward to seeing all you guys

4% APR

Smash Champion
I think, if it doesn't horribly offend Vidjo, we'll just leave it at $10. If we have a good turnout we'll do $15 for the next one. Hope that is okay.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
don't feel pressured cuz one person wants to do it for $15. I said that i did mine for 15 but that was what it evolved into. With as much as is going on, $10 is fine for singles imo.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
yeah. especially with people (like Earth_Swordsman_009) who plan on coming that only have the amount we specified before. i'd rather not single someone out cuz theyre short $5. we'll do what 4% said. leaving it at $10 for this one, but for our next we'll bump it up to $15.

Big_R

Smash Champion
hold up, are the same people coming to this one that went to mentor 2? cuz then i am down for a 15 dolla price raise. lol

vidjogamer

Smash Master
I try to help you guys out, and all you think is I want more money. Now Im offended. First of all, there is no guarantee I even win. Second, more people would come if you raised it. That is a fact. I know dope and the michigan crew would. More cleveland smashers too. Just something to consider.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
don't be offended vidjo, they are going to be raising it for their next tourny. They just don't want to screw people out of coming by changing the price so soon to the event (i think).

4% APR

Smash Champion
Sorry if I offended you. I said it jokingly. I completely understand you're points. It's just a little too late to raise it I think.

soap

Smash Hero
yo Big R we need a fifth for our crew, right now its me, paradigm, AZ, and this DK player youve never met that is pretty good, would you be down, we could keep it columbus guys and i think we would take crews

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
vidjo - we dont think you want more money bro. its just more like we dont feel like raising it when we already had it set at $10 for so long and people had planned on paying $10. but our next tourney for sure will be $15.

our next tourney will have a different venue as well, its not far from this one, its bigger, and better

Big_R

Smash Champion
yo Big R we need a fifth for our crew, right now its me, paradigm, AZ, and this DK player youve never met that is pretty good, would you be down, we could keep it columbus guys and i think we would take crews
umm, i'll do it. sorry TC, i will have to be the straggler and play with these guys. lets do work!

btw, when are columbus ppl going up there? the day of the tournament, or the night before?

lol
you guys have offended vidjo. how rude!

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
man, this is gonna be one hell of a tournament. If mathos decides to take a look at this, get Greg to come with you (the asian gentleman who enjoys smash playing). I have a thing or two to show that punk lol

4% APR

Smash Champion
Cool, thanks Phasion. It would be great if everyone who is bringing a Tv could show up a tiny bit early so we could set it up it would be great.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
yeah you guys can show up here as early as 10.

phasion - i'd prefer it actually if you came a bit earlier. anyone with a TV come early if you can thanks :097:

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
yo guys i thought i'd update y'all on the food sitch...

we'll have a lotta pop up for grabs in da fridgey :]
maybe some chips n munchies. yeno

around here its a small town, we have a mcdonalds, DQ, BK, giant eagle, circle K.. etc. also like 8 ice cream places and 15 pizza places we can direct you to if anyone is in need of food, which im sure you will be. bring yo own money for outside food, the pop n munchies we'll have there is free. :029:

D20

Smash Lord
D20- out of curiosity, who are the 5 PA guys coming?
Guys You Know (Maybe):
Myself - You guys remember me, right? I played YL (see sig.) and wore a matching blue-striped shirt.
HARM - He was the Samus player that shot about 5,000 missiles.
Dory..? - He was the player who used basically every character last time he was up.

New Guys:
ReadySetGo - He's a cool guy.
A-Laon - He's horrible, but he plays Falco... so he wins. We still love him.

Top Bottom