• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rockin, Shin, and Silven presents "The Last Melee Smashfest" (Saturday, January 19th)

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

Prologue lol
Well as the title says....this should be the last MAJOR smashfest before Super Smash Bros Brawl gets released. Since I'm not gonna touch Melee again after Brawl comes out (switching full-time to Brawl) I thought why not have a sort of going away smashfest for Melee. If this works out..which it should, we are also going to have an introductory smashfest for Brawl a little bit after it's release...basically where we get together and compile a list of "pro stuff" that we will be able to do in Brawl and see where everybody has gotten with their Brawl character.

I'm already thinking of an advanced technique for Brawl and am just waiting for the game to actually test it out...but yah I hope everyone has that mentality because when brawl hits we will be completely clueless as to the potential of all of these new and exciting characters. Even the rehashed characters have untapped potential that I hope to become atleast mildly aware of by the end of the introductory smashfest.

Time and Location

1055 Blake Ave apt 14 (It is the building with the corner store embedded in it lol.)
Brooklyn New York 11208
United States
North America
Earth
Milky Way Galaxy

Trains

- "C" train stops about 2 blocks from Shin's apartment...

The "3" train stops about 10 blocks from Shin's apartment....

Also we have the 14 and 13 buses if that's more familiar to you.

For more information just use www.hopstop.com I'm too lazy for this stuff.

Shin's apartment is pretty much one block away from my house, so if you know where I live and you figure it's easier for you to do that by memory just come to my house and call me and I'll intercept you somewhere...

SATURDAY January 19th starting at around 10AM'ish. You can start showing as early as you want though....I really don't care lol. It probably won't end until late night. For now there is no specific time. It ends when the last person leaves I guess.

Food

This is a tough one...now I was hoping to have this be completely free but for the amount of people that we're expecting ....It would be too expensive for one person to cover. But we have a few options here luckily...In the end we'll choose the most popular option...or a mix.

Dominos Pizza(probably the best option) - We pool money for a bunch of medium one-topping pizzas. 2 dollars from each person that opts-in(We will pay the rest). (If you don't want to eat what everyone else eats you can do the next option.

Bodega - Yes...theres a corner store literally less than 10 meters from Shin Bowser's building...you can go in there and have a hero sandwich made or fill up on a bunch of snacks.. you're paying for yourself though...lolol

Papa Johns - There is a Papa Johns within delivery range..if you're nasty and want Papa Johns..you can have this...then cry as you realize you can't play smash comfortably anymore due to the stomach pains you'll be experiencing after you eat their crappy pizza. :psycho:

Fast Food - There is a Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's, White Castle, and a KFC not too far from where the smashfest will be taking place. It's a good...8 or 9 blocks away. Now most of you won't be willing to walk that far so that's where I come in. I'll be taking orders from you guys, then I'll skate to the store, buy the food and bring it back then you just pay for how much the total cost was with tax (provided you show me the money first so I know that you'll be able to cover it) It's pretty simple...I WON'T BUY ANYTHING FOR YOU UNLESS YOU SHOW ME YOU CAN PAY FOR WHATEVER YOU ARE BUYING SO DON'T BOTHER TRYING.

Rockin Food
- Supposedly Rockin is bringing surprise food to the smashfest for the first 24 people.... *_* ....don't ask

Starvation - You can come here for free. Starve for free...and die for free. Your choice. I wouldn't recommend this one though.

Price/Entrance Fee
You will pay 15 dollars at the door. This will cover the space you take up, any food you may or may not happen to look at or eat, Shin's electric bill (DS charging, Cell phone charging, PSP Charging (may be extra) and any other appliances you might stick into one of his outlets.). Upon paying the entrance fee you will be timed from the moment you come in to the moment you leave. The time will be tallied up and we will then bill you. That bill will be based on the rate of 10 cents a min for the time you're in shin's house. So if you plan on staying here a whole 12 hours then you'll end up paying 30 dollars venue fee + 72 dollars for 12 hours of stayage + TAX.......

......just kidding. It's FREE. You pay nothing at all. We're awesome people like that :laugh:

Setups/Gamecubes
I don't expect anyone to bring any tv's. We should have it covered anyway. Shin has two tv's already and I should be able to bring 3 or 4 of my own tv's since I live a block away from him. So with that said I can safely say we have ATLEAST 5 tv's. As for gamecubes I'm not so sure....see the list.. I want people to help out with copies of smash and gamecubes...that's it!. If you can just bring a cube with the disc I'll add it to this list. Thank you in advance.

(subject to change)
TV1 - Shin's Cube with a messed up copy of Melee (Status - Not so good)
TV2 - My Wii with a good copy of Melee (Status - Good)
TV3 - Rhyme's Cube/Wii with tv (Status - Good)
TV4 - STRD's Cube (Status - Pending)
TV5 - Rockin's Cube (Status - Good)
TV6 - G money's Cube and TV (Status - Confirmed...kinda)

Attendance

This is the list of people who I've spoken to personally about this and they said they would most likely be able to attend. Keep in mind that this list will be constantly growing from here on out and it will be changing alot depending on who posts in this thread and who I talk to. As of now I'm capping it to about 25-30 people. I'm gonna have to do another estimation of Shin's apartment size to see if it can hold maybe a little more comfortably..if not then I'll just leave it as it is....Once we reach the max I won't be adding anyone else to the list, if you really do want to come and it's maxed out I will try my hardest to make accommodations but since I'm not trying to have this be like my last smashfest where my room was packed I will have to limit the amount of leeway I can dish out to those unfortunate late people.

(highly subject to change)

People in purple are coming late so they don't count for the 30.

People in pink aren't sure so they may or may not count.

1.Alukard
2.Big T
3.DJ Nintendo
4.G money
5.Hax
6.Reno
7.Rhyme
8.Rockin
9.Shin
10.Silven
11.Starzonedge
12.Swink
13.Blue Terrorist
14.Alex Strife
15.Crismas
16.Eli
17.CanISmash <---*sigh* get a name plz
18.Apxika
19.STRD
20.Jman
21.Superryan
22.Zro
23.Blaze
24.Luck
25.Ninjalink
26.D1
27.Blackanese <---black....+ japanese..wtf? makes no SENSE:laugh:
28.Ice **** <-- *_*
29.Scissors Sir <--- lololol
30. Thx

Priority
If you're in any of the following crews you have priority over say...a random guy who just wants to come. For example let's say we have 29 people listed and someone from "X" crew wants in but at the same time someone else wants in that's not in one of the crews listed here...the guy from "X" crew gets in...

These are the crews -

DA
Swat
Imperial Era
Anyone previously IHNC except for Surma <--- :laugh:
TSA
Killer Fleet

Other games
When the smashfest dies down and theres only like a few people left and they're all bored of Melee I would be grateful if people would bring some other Wii or Gamecube multiplayer games to play into the night. I'll make a list for this too for the hell of it...also if you could bring Mario Party or Rayman Raving Rabbits for the Wii or something that would be nice...lol

So far we have...

Guilty Gear Accent Core
(Wii) - Gamecube controller compatible so you won't have to use the Wiimote

Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)

Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN)

Recording/Crew Battle/Other Stuff
I will have my laptop with gamebridge for recording from the main tv. If we do a Swat vs. DA crew battle it will be recorded on this tv. Along with whatever matches were played on that tv. My laptop should be on recording through the whole day pretty much so yah.

MARK YOUR CONTROLLERS!!! I DO NOT WANT CONTROLLERS BEING CONFUSED!!

Hopefully this will be a great smashfest and I hope everyone enjoys it when it happens....I'm not gonna state any stupid rules like no spitting, no kicking blah blah I'm just gonna say treat the place as if it was your own. Don't be a baby and don't be annoying..that is all.

For the noobs.

If you're a n00b and/or you're directionally challenged and need help with getting to the exact location you can just call me. 718-541-9499 (Andre) or you can call Shin's apartment. 718-484-9503(Jamel)....after you dial pray that there isn't alot of noise going on and one of us picks up ^_^

UPDATE-zorzzz!!!

ATTENTION!!!

Aight negros this is how it's gonna be...since I know not ALL 30 of these people will show up at the exact same time I will still allow some other INDIVIDUAL people to come....

Here are some rules that I want you to pay attention to.

If your name is on the list...do not think that you can bring 5 of your other friends...DO NOT...because if you do I swear to bob you're not coming into the apartment....this is the thing I hate the most...me inviting you does not mean you can bring along 3-5 other people. Another thing is the apartment that we're holding this at is probably gonna be able to hold 20-25 people comfortably..if it does get to about 30 people don't expect to be able to freely move any which way you want. So consider this when coming. Don't think you can walk around with a bookbag and your jacket on...your jacket will go in the closet..and your bookbag will be promptly thrown out of the nearest window...nah it goes in the closet too hehe. But seriously....keep in mind the size of the apartment and DO NOT BRING YOUR FRIENDS that are "learning" the game or any other friends....period. Just please DO NOT do it. This happened at one of my other smashfests where 3-4 uninvited people came..including some garbage street fighter character *cough* " Dan" and they just took up space for zero reason...it's annoying...to say the least.:mad: RAWR-UBER-FANTUM-RAWRRR!!

I'm putting this on the front page...so everyone gets the message. Once again if you show up with 3-4 of your friends ...you have three options - Either A - Leave as a group.... B - You come in by yourself and your friends leave...or C - Come back later sometime when we can comfortably house you and your nub friend(s) :p

Tv Rules

It seems like we may have up to 8 tv's...if we're lucky. If that happens then 4 people to each tv in round robin rotation would be practical...unfortunately..life sucks and it's never perfect so yah lol anyway just letting you know how it's gonna be for the games so that there are no tv hoggers... read ahead :psycho:

Matches are 2 out of tree. Yes...2 out of tree you heard right..

When you lose...don't do the whole "yo lemme get another one" bit. Please just accept your loss and get your nubsauce packet *** to the back of the rotation. :psycho:

Also "nubsauce packet" is the new "pro" word for 2008...just letting you know..when it becomes big you have me to thank.

If you wanna change tv's ...don't try to skip ahead of everyone and use your uber people skills to get a match with the tv champion..just change tv's and wait for everyone else to go that's in the queue..it's just like a weekly really.

But seriously guys don't be unreasonable and try to go 5 or 6 matches straight while other people are waiting...please

Exceptions to money matches ofcourse...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I have a tournament to go to that day.
I do too...and this is it. : )

Nice job with the organization there, buddy. Ooh, and I know there's got to be at least a couple of Samus mains showing...Samus dittos for pride and bragging rights, anyone? ((Samus mains only.)) =3

Silven: I can bring a full setup if you want, but it'll cost you exactly two Samus dittos (one of which must be on Yoshi's 'cause it's my favoritist stage evaH, lol). Yeahh...I'mma ***** like that. >.>

EDIT: Oh's, and's I almost forgot's; I'll bring GCN Kart to play for after Melee winds down if y'all want.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Sorry, But I cant make this one. I have a tournament to go to that day.

What tournament is this?1 I was kinda trying to not conflict with any major tournies...link me to the tournament you're going to kthnx.:dizzy:

edit - Oh I see now.... Well I guess we can just have a smashfest for the people who aren't going to Clash of the Titan. I'd rather not change the date and then conflict with some other tourney...dam ..

Alukard

Smash Hero
nice ... i guess swat will b able to crew battle people at this =) ... MM crew battles accepted as well =)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yo, of course I'm coming to this. I'll try to bring a system, SSBM game, AND a memory card. If not the first two, then definitly the memory card.

Silven, I got a little surprise in store I wanna donate for the smashfest. All you have to do is put 'Rockin Food' in the food section. The first 24 people gets it. I'm pretty sure Shin knows what I'm talking about. :p

I'll do my best to help in any other areas needed.

Cia

das kwl
****.. I'd like to go, but I have a tournament that weekend. anf if I didn't think that I had a strong chance to win cash, I would have cancelled it.. -_-

Alukard

Smash Hero
i want 3rd strike ... =) that game is mega fun ... altho i'm not as good as i am in sf2 turbo lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
SILVEN ... i just feel like posting nonsense in here ... umm i can't wait till summer K2!!!! MAHHH DUUUUU!!!!! lmaoooo

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
SILVEN ... i just feel like posting nonsense in here ... umm i can't wait till summer K2!!!! MAHHH DUUUUU!!!!! lmaoooo
Definitely lol I already know a good skatepark at LES. I might have to get some gear though to try some stuff there lol. Don't wanna kill myself.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I am deff gonna make my way over to this I know Im a non-name but Im RENO referred so speak to him and hell vouch for me

Top Bottom