• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Donkey Kong is the 9th bestselling videogame series of all time. Or so I've heard.
Also, the 3rd best selling of Nintendo's franchises...was second until the massive pokemon explosion

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Guys the reason i think he wont be in it is because of the Dk story mode vid...It shows Bowsers minions stealing the bananas... If K. Rool was in it his minions would do that.

Also in one of the vids I think it shows bowser at the end. It would definilty show K. Rool looking upon DK and Diddy not bowser if he were in the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys the reason i think he wont be in it is because of the Dk story mode vid...It shows Bowsers minions stealing the bananas... If K. Rool was in it his minions would do that.

Also in one of the vids I think it shows bowser at the end. It would definilty show K. Rool looking upon DK and Diddy not bowser if he were in the game.
Mario's enemy was fighting Donkey Kong...if your saying because a different enemy was fighting someone instead of their enemy, wouldn't Bowser have fought Mario instead of DK in the first place?

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
well i wouldn't really say bowser is what makes the mario franchise sell either.

and while you may say bowser is more popular anyway, i would say the entire mario series is much more popular than the dk series in general. i don't think bowser would influence krools chances all that much. if sakurai felt the need for more dk representation, it would be krool, because he's not so much a boss filler in the series as the established villian of the series. it is safe to say he is the 3rd most recognizable rep overall in the series.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Yes, K. Rool may not be the selling point for the DK series but he's still a very popular character. He got on Sakarui's character list being mentioned more than once, and we all know that he's listening to the people (Ike, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Lucas, and Sonic have been added to the game from his list so far). And to also say that he's utterly generic is a load of crap. K. Rool has so much potential with a moveset, which many people on this thread have already mentioned. K. Rool was by any means not a "filler boss" because he's been the main boss in every single DK game except for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I stand by that K. Rool will be in brawl def. as a playable character.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I want K to be announced first though. But it probably won't happen in tomorrows update.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Though it would be freakin sweet if K. Rool was announced tomorrow. I think i'd run around screaming in my dorm room that he got announced as a playable character.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Ridley had much better support until his fans went nuts. =[

And of course the move is usable, since it's been done three times already. (And twice by reptiles no less)

And the helipack wouldn't work under the cape nor would it work well in a different place. It's a helipack. And K. Rool doesn't have enough importance. He's not what makes the DK franchise sell either. (Isn't it behind Metroid?) He's really just a generic end boss to fill the status quo, and really shouldn't be put in because of that. Until he actually becomes something noteworthy, instead of a copy of Bowser from the Super Show, he's just utterly generic.
I will never understand the generic argument. :dizzy: Do you people really think that trivial things like personality and being generic matter to Sakurai? His job is to take Nintendo all stars and make a fighting game with them, not care about stuff that doesn't matter to anyone with a brain. K. Rool is THE D.K villain. He's been D.K's rival ever since him and Mario patched things up and he has some serious move potential. As has been said countless times he has the musket, the jetpack, the crown and tons of other stuff. In fact why don't I just throw a moveset together right now?

B- musket- K.Rool takes out the musket and fires a single shot. The attack has some lag and is quite slow but is very powerful and makes an explosion on impact.

Smash B- blind fury- K. Rool closes his eyes and swings his arm around like an idiot while running foward. This move is a homage to when he got the giant light stuck on his head in his DK64 fight.

Down B- Grenade- K.Rool tosses one of the orange grenades from DK64. Sometimes he will accidently throw a dud that doesn't explode and does only one damage with no knockback.

B up- Updraft- this is a response to the guy I quoted above's point about the cape taking away the chance of the jetpack. K.Rool catches an updraft with his cape that sends him upward a little. He can not glide due to his weight but he is invincible while doing this move.

Final smash- King Krusha uppercut- K.Rool turns invisible and appears in front of one random enemy uppercutting them. This is the same move he did to Chunky in the 64 fight except you can't see his shadow and anticipate his movements.

I'd do A attacks and what not but those are always generic physical attacks anyway.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I love the fury attack :laugh:
That's what I pictured as a side B in the first place. Some sort of bite would be nice as a smash. He is a crocodile even if he doesn't do it often in the series.

I kinda hope for KR but kinda doubt him at the same time. I really don't have any guess to him being in or not at this point.

KRool for Brawl none the less

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
A stupid arguement that I hear often is that King K. Rool is just a filler villain. What the heck? How could he be a filler villain if he's been the enemy in almost all of the games in the D.K. series? Besides, every villain in every franchise could be considered a filler villain; they are completely replaceable. Just look at the Mario series; how many different villains has he fought? Granted, Bowser is usually the villain, but main villains like Cackelleta and Smithy have also appeared.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Filler villain in the fact that he serves no purpose other than just being the final boss. Bowser has been fleshed out way beyond that. Ganondorf has a direct and constant impact on the story.

K. Rool just steals the bananas, and then you find him in the end and beat him up. He's just in there to fill that spot, and not his own charater. The only game he's not like that is DK64, and even then he's still seems to make a point to be as generic as he can possibly be. =/

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Filler villain in the fact that he serves no purpose other than just being the final boss. Bowser has been fleshed out way beyond that. Ganondorf has a direct and constant impact on the story.

K. Rool just steals the bananas, and then you find him in the end and beat him up. He's just in there to fill that spot, and not his own charater. The only game he's not like that is DK64, and even then he's still seems to make a point to be as generic as he can possibly be. =/
And this matters to Sakurai why?

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Yeah i'm pretty sure Sakarui is not concerned with K. Rool being a "generic" character. If Sakarui feels that K. Rool deserves a spot in brawl, then he'll put him in. But I don't understand why people are still saying this generic crap as a arguement on why they don't think K. Rool will be in brawl.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think you mean generic, Generic is basically a common enemy like goomba's or koopas, they lack any true importance other than being pawn's for larger boss' this definition is in terms of enemys.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The thing is with the little spots that there are left for Brawl, it's going to have to take something more to actually make it through. A generic end boss who doesn't bring much new to the table does not have enough qualifications. Heck, that's why he probably doesn't matter at all to Sakurai. =/

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
this generic thing is silly, and a waste of time, lets talk something else about k. rool.

Also visit http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751 pn the [12/6/07] and vote for K. Rool
No, we should talk about it, and come up with a counter-arguement. If all we do is praise K. Rool in this thread, there will be no point to it. It's here to show why K. Rool's should be in Brawl, not to simply praise K. Rool.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Awwww D@MN K. Rool and Geno are on in the same voting match....That's going to be a tough one for me cuz K. Rool and Geno are the 2 characters I support the most.:urg:
guys, notice sumthin Geno haas way more supoprters, save your vote till last, if Geno is ahead then dnt bother wit him, especially if he has it in the bag. Whilst K. Rool has less supporters.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The thing is with the little spots that there are left for Brawl, it's going to have to take something more to actually make it through. A generic end boss who doesn't bring much new to the table does not have enough qualifications. Heck, that's why he probably doesn't matter at all to Sakurai. =/
You just pulled that out of your ***. We have no idea exactly how many more characters will be in brawl so your point is invalid. Brings nothing new to the table? Have you seen the many movesets posted on this thread? A generic end boss would be like the minions K.Rool sends out to fight the kongs and not K.Rool himself.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eh? It's obvious that there is a limited number of characters. Anyone can see that. And there are still a lot of people that outrank K. Rool that still need to get in. Heck, some of those who outrank him won't get in either, since they won't make the cut either. It's not like the game is going to have 50 characters or anything.

And through all the movesets, he still doesn't bring anything new in particular. Musket? We have a rocket launcher from Snake that works just as well. Peach also users her crown to attack in one of her moves (Though it's not a projectile, but that would just be idiotic). Smashing around with brute force and a big body is also something we have from a good deal of the heavier characters.

And what you mentioned are the generic minions K. Rool has. They can't be the generic end boss, and if they were, then this topic would be about them.

(And Mario and Link do have personalities, but more than that they are iconic. K. Rool is not)

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Eh? It's obvious that there is a limited number of characters. Anyone can see that. And there are still a lot of people that outrank K. Rool that still need to get in. Heck, some of those who outrank him won't get in either, since they won't make the cut either. It's not like the game is going to have 50 characters or anything.
I think this is where your misconception lies. I realize this game isn't going to have 50 characters or anything, but K. Rool's rank is well within a 40 character estimate. He really isn't as worthless as you make him out to be.

True, their are characters who are still more deserving than him who should be in. But once they do, there will be room for K. Rool, trust me.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eh? No he's not. Look, we have around 25 characters now, if you include PT as three and Samus as 2. Now if you add Sheik, Marth, Luigi, a new Mario representative, one more third party character, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, a new Zelda character, Ridley, Krystal, Mr. Game & Watch, an AC character, two other Pokemon characters, and Olimar, then you've got 40 already. Now all of those are unconfirmed, but they are obvious characters that would get in before K. Rool. And then there's the competetions with the stretch characters like an extra SF or FE character, another third party, or unexpected retro character. K. Rool's doesn't beat any of them importance.

But that's okay, since DK and Diddy make a good balance for the DK series.

Luigi player

Smash Master

And through all the movesets, he still doesn't bring anything new in particular. Musket? We have a rocket launcher from Snake that works just as well. Peach also users her crown to attack in one of her moves (Though it's not a projectile, but that would just be idiotic). Smashing around with brute force and a big body is also something we have from a good deal of the heavier characters.

And what you mentioned are the generic minions K. Rool has. They can't be the generic end boss, and if they were, then this topic would be about them.

(And Mario and Link do have personalities, but more than that they are iconic. K. Rool is not)
Well, if there are about 40 characters K. Rool has a chance. Maybe you think some characters are more important, but not many have more than 1 vote in Sakurais poll. K. Rool has 2, and this gives him a chance.

What characters do you think bring in something completely new? I don't think Ike is anything new. And probably some others that we already have aren't really that new too and have competely new moves.
And maybe some people already have attacks that are somehow like K. Rools, but with K. Rool you have them all combined in a new character. And I assure you K. Rools attacks wouldn't be the same as we already have (at least not all of them).

And K. Rool probably has more of a personality than Mario (don't know about Link). I know he isn't as iconic or something as Mario or Link, but some of the characters other people want aren't too.

And if this rumor about the delay is true and we will get more characters than we can imagine, then K. Rool will probably be in.

Luigi player

Smash Master
We will not get more characters becuase of the delay. >_>

Though i do want K.Rool in Brawl.
And you are who, God? I don't think so.
Maybe they needed some more time to work on the characters, maybe not.
Everything is possible. We can't know for sure.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Eh? No he's not. Look, we have around 25 characters now, if you include PT as three and Samus as 2. Now if you add Sheik, Marth, Luigi, a new Mario representative, one more third party character, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, a new Zelda character, Ridley, Krystal, Mr. Game & Watch, an AC character, two other Pokemon characters, and Olimar, then you've got 40 already. Now all of those are unconfirmed, but they are obvious characters that would get in before K. Rool. And then there's the competetions with the stretch characters like an extra SF or FE character, another third party, or unexpected retro character. K. Rool's doesn't beat any of them importance.

I love how you just listed off a bunch of characters and said they are guarenteed withought any proof. Listen n00B you can talk about how you don't want K.Rool as much as you want but that doesn't change the fact that he is very much deserving of a spot. Don't hand me any of that rep bull either because I made an entire thread detailing why reps are idiotic bull**** anyway. Bottom line, K.Rool is a nintendo all star with importance and moveset potential which means he is a very likely character. If you don't like it then suck it.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
And you are who, God? I don't think so.
Maybe they needed some more time to work on the characters, maybe not.
Everything is possible. We can't know for sure.
2 more months isn't enough time to make more unique characters. Clones maybe.

D

Deleted member

That's funny. I see Ridley, Olimar and Krystal on your list but no Geno. Maybe that's the other Mario rep you were talking about.

Dude, don't ump to conclusions of how many characters there will be. There might be 45, there might be 50, so, we do not know much about it.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Yeah two months isn't enough time to make a brand new character but they've probably had the set character list for quite some time now and two months is enough time to put the necessary finishing touches on characters that quite weren't ready for the original release and this also gives Sakarui and his team to clean up possible bugs and make everything perfect. A good game will be good over time but a bad game will be remebered forever.

Oh and a side note, i've noticed some discussion's on what K. Rool's up b should be and I had a thought which stems from somebody's post that I cannot remember who but here is my thought: For K. Rool's up b, he takes out his blunderbuss and shoots a cannon ball down to the ground creating a draft that shoots him up into the air and he holds the back end of the blunderbuss in the air creating damage to anyone that is in the way; he also could have the ability to control the speed of his fall due to the air that is created and with his cap or something. Also, the cannonball that is shot to the ground creates a minor shockwave that does light to medium damage. What do you guys think? Any changes?

Top Bottom