• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

1. Metroid may be really good and really well-liked, but there is absolutely no way that it can get four reps, if that's what is being insinuated by Darkpaladin.
I insinuate nothing... :)

What I'm saying is that it's possible for Metroid to get three characters, and that Zero Suit Samus doesn't really count as her own character. What that all translates to is that it is possible for Dark Samus to be in Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I meant that you said
1. Metroid may be really good and really well-liked, but there is absolutely no way that it can get four reps, if that's what is being insinuated by Darkpaladin.
That just kinda pissed me off, like you thinking you absolutely know that...

antimatter

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ. Shut up you stupid *** Dark Samus supporters.

He is posting good analysis of the amount of characters a franchise gets in relation to sales and saying Metroid may not be likely to get a third rep and your not even trying to defend Dark Samus your just saying "Sakurai dunts care!" or even more stupid **** like: "I will break you" seriously stop.
you're right about the break you comment. but there is no need to use the son of god's name in vain.

It's technically possible, but while the series is popular, it's not to the level of Kirby/Zelda/DK/etc.

And on top of that, all of the Kirby characters in Brawl are extremely important to the series, while Dark Samus is certainly not as important as the two added Kirby characters. There are many factors to weigh when considering how many characters for a series get in and which get in.

I meant that you said

That just kinda pissed me off, like you thinking you absolutely know that...
How could Metroid suddenly get more characters than a more important and popular franchise? Especially when there is a limited number of applicable characters for inclusion from the Metroid series? It's pretty unlikely that more than five characters for Zelda, so Metroid would actually be only one behind Zelda, even though Zelda has more than 2.5x the sales for its franchise and many more applicable characters.

Four characters is not only unrealistic for a series the size of Metroid, it's practically impossible. Samus, Ridley, Dark Samus, and whom? Chozo? Mother Brain? Kraid? Space Pirate? GF Soldier?

Stryks

Smash Hero

2. Just because Sakurai makes the decisions doesn't mean he won't try to focus on universal characters. Just because he doesn't want to be so focused on characters only known/liked in Japan doesn't mean he's necessarily going to pick someone in spite of them being only known outside of Japan.
1.- U have absolutely NO PROOF of this, metroid is popular SAKURAI SAID SO HIMSELF, metroid is one of nintendos best series, if u really think "Now that the metroid series is more popular I want to bette rep the series" means that zamus and ridley are all were gonna get then ur obviously not listening...

2.- sakurai said he wanted to better rep because metroid has becomed more popular in the last years, note: MORE POPULAR, and in japan the prime series is hated, what could he mean? does he mean fusion? MZM? cmon! metroid prime is popular in both europe and america, sakurai said so himself: smash is a game for all the wolrd, not just japan (when he mentioned japan only characters) thus just because japan hates prime doesnt mean the wolrd has to suffer...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I support this completely. I've been thinking of movesets and what a playable dark Samus would be like. As for the movesets you guys have... You hit the nail on the head: They're great! The arguments for her vs. those against her are great aswell!:bigthumbu
Great!! New supporter! You want to be in the crew?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The arguments for and against Dark Samus are getting pretty ridiculous... it's getting as bad as some other characters.

The only two things against Dark Samus are over-representation of the series and the fact the Prime series didn't hit to well in Japan.

The fact the series is smaller doesn't account for much due to the fact issues came up (the creator and maintainer of the series died in a car accident.) Say Miyamoto passed away for whatever reason, that would certainly cause some issues in all of the series and games that he writes. So, Metroid basically died after that and was later resurrected by Nintendo when they got Retro Studios (second party, owned by Nintendo). It's obvious the series has made a strong return though.

Not popular in Japan also doesn't hurt it nearly as much as people think. Nintendo is not such a conceded and arrogant company that they will ignore their fans from literally everywhere else in the world simply because a character is from a series of less popular games in a major franchise. It's not like Dark Samus is a minor character. Throughout all three games in the Prime series, you are practically hunting her down.

It's also rather hard to say the series is unimportant, compared to a series like Kirby. Kirby has more sales (of course, it does not have the same type of hardcore fanbase, nor did it have an issue of it's creator passing away), but Metroid did much more for the gaming world than Kirby ever did. In the original Metroid, many new, innovative game features were introduced. Additionally, Super Metroid is considered by many to be up there with Ocarina of Time as the best game of all time.

What does that have to do with Dark Samus? Not a whole lot specifically, but the series certainly deserves more than one and a half reps (Samus and her transformation). Ridley is still questionable, and I think practically everyone who uses this thread knows Ridley takes priority over Dark Samus. If Ridley does not make it in for whatever reason, or is only a boss, it would be a crime to not put Dark Samus in and under-represent Metroid after all it has going for it.

To only have Samus in SSB64 was fine, since there were only 12 characters and plans had not been made to revive Metroid yet. To only have Samus in Melee was not too terribly bad since the series had not been revived yet, although Sakurai had to have known they were developing a new game for it. For Brawl, after over 5 years of Metroid releases since Metroid's resurrection and increase in popularity (everywhere except Japan due to it's FPS feel) it's just not right to only have one full character, and half a character only playable after obtaining and using an item.

Ridley is still questionable, and I think practically everyone who uses this thread knows Ridley takes priority over Dark Samus.
Really? I think Ridley is a shoe-in, and honestly I think he has the best chance out of any newcomer to be in Brawl. He has the highest number of votes among unconfirmed characters on Sakurai's list, tied only with Geno. I would be very surprised if he didn't make it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Really? I think Ridley is a shoe-in, and honestly I think he has the best chance out of any newcomer to be in Brawl. He has the highest number of votes among unconfirmed characters on Sakurai's list, tied only with Geno. I would be very surprised if he didn't make it.
QFT
Ridley and Dark Samus for Brawl!

Machete

Smash Ace
Yes, Ridley is a shoe-in. Although he has many haters, he has a great fanbase and popularity.

Dark Samus would come after him, and; although I think she is unlikely... well... having a radioactive corrupted floating bounty hunter would be awesome. :)

Duh, Dark Sammy whont be in Brawl, he's too big.
She's awkward and just doesn't fit in Brawl. I mean... she only shot Phazon beams!

super ginger kid

Smash Apprentice
The remnents of planet Phaaze or that carboard box
Yes, Ridley is a shoe-in. Although he has many haters, he has a great fanbase and popularity.

Dark Samus would come after him, and; although I think she is unlikely... well... having a radioactive corrupted floating bounty hunter would be awesome. :)

She's awkward and just doesn't fit in Brawl. I mean... she only shot Phazon beams!
she does more than shoot phazom beems,maybe you should play the games or watch videos

SamusLord

Smash Cadet
Not pointing my beam to the back of your head >
I've got a moveset for her/him/it:

Specials
---------
(complicated one. But, complicated= uniqe:p)B :phaazon Bema: Press B to begin a charge. This charge works like Samus's/Dk's.
An uncharged shot blasts a small stream of phaazon, with a very low diameter. Any enemies hit will be carried along the stream as they are damaged. The farther they are carried the more damage inflicted.
The blast fades quickly, about after 3 sec., and as such the foes hit are carried quickly over several bounces off the beam. They can be hit 3 times at full range.
The tail of the beam has little pushback and does about 3% per hit. While the head of the beam bursts at the farthest range, or if B is pressed again. The range is about 15 m, compared to melee's final destination which is 20m. The head's burst does 6%.
When fully charged, the beam's diameter is considerable larger(about as tall as D-Samus) and causes 10% per hit via the tail. While the head's burst does 20%.
The low pushback is made up via the nature of this beam. If used facing towards the ringout area near a ledge, they beam may stretch out, pushing foes out of the ring.
However, D-Samus is very vulnerable during these long 3 seconds.

B->:Shinespark: Remember way back in Echoes during the final boss d-Samus's dashing move with the blue elctric field? Yeah. Apon pressing B-> she willl dash about 5m ahead, swiping aside anything in her path, and burst with phaazon on the end of her dash. It has a reasonable pushback. Being caught in her path does 8%, and the blast does 15%. In the air she has the same range and goes straight, ending with an arial flip along with a blast, making it a good replacement for her up-B, if necessary. Obviously, this attack will make her helpless untill touching the ground.

Up-B:Regeneration: Simple: D-Samus bursts into molecules of phaazon, before regenerating about 5m above. Anyone caught in her self-destructive burst will take 14% dmg, and anyone hit be rising phaazon(it rises in a pillar from point of usage) takes 10%.

Down-B: Force shield: Take slightly longer to do than fox's and falco's, but the difference is put into how long the effect lasts. It deflects projectiles. Meanwhile damaging adjacent enemies with balls of energy spiraling around the field, hugging the outside edge. Getting hit by one causes 3% damage, with a mini-knock back. However, one can walk into it several times, if they were that dumb. The main field looks like the one she uses in the final boss during Echoes.

... Maybe I'll add normal attacks and a final smash later.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pretty awesome move set! :chuckle:
I really like the Neutral B, and this move set is very detailed :bigthumbu
But I do feel that it gives DS a little too much power, but I still like this one

Wob-Wob

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit much, I made this around 1-2 years ago, so please don't mind my english from back then. If you don't get something, please ask :)

Dark Samus

Dark Samus has to be stable with his Phazon, when she has to much Phazon, she will get % very fast, when too low, she’ll get knock-out faster…
In her Corporal form, she can only lose Phazon, in Ethereal she can only generate them… The much Phazon is number in Hertz… like bits they easily go to 1 Kh (KB) or Mh (MB)
Just like bytes it’s 1024 (not 1000) for the next … Letter… 1024 Kh = 1 Mh
I know, hertz = frequency.. but it sounded good
She starts out with 10 Mh,
-0Mh =knock-back stuff + 40% and takes 1 % per sec.
0Mh = knock-back stuff + 35 %
1Mh = knock-back stuff + 27%
2Mh = knock-back stuff + 22 %
3Mh = knock-back stuff + 17.5 %
4Mh = knock-back stuff + 13.5 %
5Mh = knock-back stuff + 10 %
6Mh = knock-back stuff + 7 %
7Mh = knock-ack stuff + 4.5 %
8 Mh = knock-back stuff + 2.5 %
9Mh = knock-back stuff + 1 %
10Mh = normal
11Mh = % takes + 1 %
12Mh = % takes + 2.5 %
13Mh = % takes + 4.5 %
14Mh = % takes + 7 %
15Mh = % takes + 10 %
16Mh = % takes + 13.5 %
17Mh = % takes + 17.5 %
18Mh = % takes + 22 %
19Mh = % takes + 27 %
20Mh = % takes + 35 %
20Mh+ = overload, takes + 40 % damage, AND takes 1 % per sec.

Below the % is the Mh, then Kh, that number turn red if the number is far away from the 10… (not Kh)
Only works every Kh
When KO’d, the M(K)h WON’T go to 10 Mh
When hit by Phazon damage, the character get’s a neon-blue aura for a while 
BUTTON......NAME.................................EFFECT

A..................Detection punch............Punches with her fist
A, A.............Cannon punch................Punches with her cannon
A, A, A........Elbow Punch...................Punches with her elbow
AAAAAAAA.Poisoning aura...........Releases a bad breath wich does high damage when used much, bad range though
A>..............Fierce Knee......................Does a strong knee attack
A/\.............Phazon gas.....................Shoots a little phazon above her head
AV................Destructive leg..............She ducks, then attack with her leg, a bit strong…
> A.....Duck of Doom................She ducks dealing nice %, but low blow-away damage
Air: A..........Freedom..........................She makes such a move like she was chained and brakes free
Air: A>.......Phazon Powder................Same as Samus, but then with Phazon, wich only gives damage
Air: <A......Light punch......................She punches to her back
Air: A /\......High punch.......................She punches above her head
Air: A V........Phazon Spike..................Same as Samus, but reales Phazon afterwards, together same damage as Samus
SMASH > Phazon punch................She releases some floating phazon before her, which she then punches, dealing nice damage and blow-away damage cause of the punch, a but slow, but NOT to slow! Costs 128-512 Kh
SMASH /\..Cross of doom..................She makes a cross with her arms above her head, and then all of a sudden she moves them to both sides, dealing nice damage ABOVE her
SMASH V....Doom of the eye............She concentrates, then an invisible blow goes to both sides, dealing phazon damage
Z.....................Cripple grab.....................Same as Samus, but damages the enemy even when not attacking! Costs 98 Kh per sec.
Z – A..............Strangling grab.............The phazon which has the enemy , deals extra damage
Z - >.......................................................She saltos the enemy’s and releases them when they are being salto’ed to the back
Z - <........................................................She Moves to enemy right for her, and then attacks with her other hand
Z - /\..........................................................Sames as Z--> but then above
Z – V...........................................................She moves the enemy to the ground and damages him/her with the phazon

B - Phazon shot
When not charged, she shoots a little BEAM of phazon, which has a bit more range the PK Fire, deals 3-5%, and only damages
It takes a max of 2,5 sec to charge … let’s say when not charged it goes 5 meter… like a plasma cannon
0.25 sec charged: 4-6% 6 meter, FIRST hit = block
0.50 sec charged: 7-10% 7 meter, and LITTLE blow-away, FIRST hit = block
0.75 sec charged: 11-15%, 7,5 meter, and LITTLE blow-away, FIRST hit = block
1.00 sec charged: 13-15%, 8 meter, and LTITLE blow-away, after ONE hit, it does: 3-5 %, max 5 meter
1.25 sec charged: 13-16 %, 8,33 meter, and NORMAL blow-away, after ONE hit, it does: 6-8 %, max 5,5 meter, LITTLE blow-away
1.50 sec charged: 15-19%, 8,5 meter, and NORMAL blow-away, after ONE hit, it does: 8-10 %, max 6 meter, LITTLE blow-away
1,75 sec charged: 20-22%, 9 meter, and NORMAL blow-away, after ONE hit it does: 8-10 %, max 7 meter, LITTLE blow-away, after TWO hit’s: it does: 3-5%, max 6 meter
2,00 sec charged: 21-23% 10 meter, and NORMAL blow-away after ONE hit, it does: 10-13 %, max 8 meter, LITTLE blow away, after TWO hit’s, it does 6-8 %, max 7 meter
2,25 sec charged: 22-24% 10,5 meter, and NORMAL blow-away, after ONE hit, it does 11-14 %, max 9 meter, LITLE blow away, after TWO hit’s it does 8-10%, max 8 meter
2,50 sec charged: 25-30% 12 meter, and GREAT blow-away, after TWO hit’s, it does 15-20 %, after FOUR hit’s, 5-10 %, lasts till 12 meter!
It seems Great, especially when you got hold, the bad thing about it, is this when holding the charge: “(sec. Of charge X 4) X 7.68 Kh” which means that every 15 sec of holding 2.5 = 1 Mz
Every 0,25 sec of charging costs: 51,2 Kh (Kilo Hertz), making an total of 512 Kh, wich is 0,5 Mh (Mega Hertz)

B  - Boost Ball
Instantly uses Boost Ball, it morphs Dark Samus in to Morph ball, it moves like Yoshi, a bit slower, and a bit smaller, when pressing B !AGAIN! you’ll power up for a boost ball, max 1 sec charging, after 1 sec you MUST use it!
0,25 sec charged = boosting for 3 meter, dealing 4-7% upon first to contact
0,50 sec charged = boosting for 4 meter, dealing 5-8% upon first to contact
0,75 sec charged = boosting for 5 meter, dealing 6-9% upon first to contact
1,00 sec charged = boosting for 7 meter, dealing 8-12% upon first to contact
After contacting an enemy you stop rolling(if you can, see break the targets) and go back to normal corporal mode, when pressing R or L in morph ball mode, you can also return to normal corporal mode 
Every Morphing costs 256 Kh

B /\ - Phazon Ball
You’ll make a ball of phazon, in which you slowly float for 3 sec, being able to choose to direction, if not choose it goes to above!
In those 3 sec. in which you’ll be invincible unless hit by a STRONG blow, anyone who jumps into the phazon will get damage EXTREMELY FAST!!!
After those 3 sec, you’ll unleash all the phazon which i-s around you, dealing high damage to everyone near you!!! UP TO 30 % per player!!! The bad thing about it, is that while creating phazon, you slowely lose phazon… you’ll lose 2 Mh Phazon in total, 0.66 Mh phazon per sec. (Mh = Mega Hertz)
Phazon can’t go through physical things, but can move freely to avoid physical things 

B V – Change to Ethereal
Changes Dark Samus to an ethereal form, which has new moves!

Ethereal form

A...................Better Cyber Punch......She Punches
A, A..............Super Cyber Punch.......Same punch, but harder
A, A, A.........Mega Cyber Punch........Same punch, but even stronger
A, A, A, A....Hyper Cyber Punch.......Same punch, but even stronger!
AAAAAAA..Cyber Punch Drill...........Better > super > mega > hyper -> better > super…. Etc. punch
A>.............Mystical punch..............Stronger punch, with phazon
A/\..............Concentrated punch....She concentrates… then lets some phazon move to above her head, dealing nice damage
AV...............Phazon mine....................She makes some phazon, and lay’s that as a mine, which as a 1 sec. Charge, and then it vanishes…
Air: A..........Capture............................She move’s like she’s been captured and deals low damage but, a kinda spikish damage
Air: A->......Intercept.........................Just like Mario, but with phazon…
Air: <A.....Second butt attack.......Another butt attack… could think of sum thing different 
Air: A /\.....Salto.................................She makes an salto, hit upwards
Air: A V.......Vice-versa slato...........She makes a back-ward salto
Smash >.Mysticism.......................She generates some Phazon, and shott’s that like 1 meter forward, dealing ONLY damage when hit by the phazon which isn’t much! When hit by it, the phazon explodes! Dealing nice damage, but slows Dark Samus-E for like 1 sec.
Smash /\....Phazon Blast................She shoots Phazon, which instantly explodes.. dealing some nice damage…
Smash V....Quick Kick.......................She does the same as Fox, but with Phazon 
Z .................Unknown Grab..............The enemy feel like being grabbed, but isn’t… create’s 98 Kh per sec…
Z – A....................................................Shoot’s a little phazon,
Z - ->.....................................................She powers up far a little while and shoots it at her enemy…
Z - <-...................................................She throws him/her with her hand backwards
Z - /\..................................................She smacks him/her with her cannon upwards
Z - V ..................................................She unleashes some phazon, which then explodes…

B - Concentrate
She concentrates, in which she generates 426.66 (2X 512, 1X 256) Kh per sec! And when pushing the button again, she’ll unleash all of the phazon she generated as an attack, with a max of 25%, “(Kh : 512) X 7.5” but all of the phazon which was generated will be unleashed… press R, L to cancel and hold the Phazon

B  - Phazon Missle
As used when in Phazon Ball in Metroid Prime 2; Echoes.. 
It shoots an missle, dealing damage to the enemy when hit, it moves at a fast moving speed, when exploding, it unleashes a cloud of phazon, which vanishes after a while, in the time it is still there, it damages the enemy, and generates the Dark Samus-E who shot it  the missle does like 3-4%, the phazon can do a total of 9-10% which is 12-14% 

B /\ - Dark Screw Attack
While performing this move, it generates 512Mh Phazon, goes a bit less higher than the normal Screw attack, but deals more damage, especially phazon 

B V – Corporal Form
Changes Dark Samus to her Corporal form!

Corporal form:
Strength: .........................A-............(bowser = A+)
Speed: .............................D ..............(Fox = A+)
Recovery: .......................C .............(Mewtwo/Samus/Peach = A+)
Weight: ............................B-............(bowser = A+)

Ethereal form:
Strength:.........................C-
Speed:.............................A-
Recovery:.......................B+
Weight:............................D

Corporal form:
+ Nice strength
+ Can deal MASSIVE damage with B moves!
+ Can roll away on platform “like Final Destination” well
+ A is strong, not to strong…
+ Has a nice Z move which constantly deals damage 
- Slow…
- Has too much charging up…
- Uses A LOT Mh!
- misses a B V move…
- Jump a bit poor

Ethereal Form:
+ Has a great Jump, especially the second!
+ Can deal nice damage
+ Has a Great smash!
- Hasn’t got very good moves, (like sheik, although he’s very fast… and E-form is kinda used for Mh thingey )
- Attack slow, sometimes…
- kinda the same as the C-form, but poorer B-moves 

Is good for Advanced players, but X_X for newbie’s, especially with the Mh thingy 
All together:
....................C..........................................E.......................................C/E
A normal: ..B+......................................B-......................................B
A-air: ..........D-........................................B-.......................................C-
A-smash....B+........................................C.......................................B-
Z:..................B+......................................C+.....................................C-
B-%: ............A+....................................C.........................................B+
B-Power: .....C........................................D........................................C+ (Knock-back power)
B-speed:.....D..........................................C.........................................D+
B-handy:.....B-........................................D+.....................................C
-Newbie:......C..........................................C+.......................................C
-Advan: ......A-........................................D-........................................B- (not usually higher, if newbie and advanced = same strength and stuff it goes like new: B, adva: D)
B-toget:......B......................................... C-......................................C+
Speed:........D..........................................A-.......................................B-
Jumps:.........C-.......................................A-.......................................B-
Recov:.........C..........................................B+........................................C+
Newby:.........D.........................................B-........................................C
Advan:.........A-........................................B-.........................................B+
.......................C+......................................C+..........................................C+
BOTH THE SAME POINTS!!!

YOU'VE MADE IT! :laugh:

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
Here is my moveset.

B: Phazon Crystals:
Fires crystals at rapid pace. When fully charged, it freezes opponenets.
>B: Echoes:
Splits herself into 2. Like in game, it does not follow her, but moves seperate.
^B: Shinespark:
Cgharges, then fires in a direction, like fox fire, but more damaging.
Down B: Phazon Sheild
Heals in sheild, and when sheild gets 3 hits, it releases a phazon missile, on for only 10 seconds.
FS: Corruption:
Large Wave of Phazon Missiles does damage over time when it hits enemies.
Side Note: During this, DS flies with glowing boots as in MP3, so aim good.

Top Bottom