• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder what this says for DS's chances. It's probably the co-op version of the Dark Link match, but this time with the appropriate Dark Samus. Despite that though, it's clearly not Dark Samus, but rather a type of recolor. Still, I think this really hurt her chances.
What he said. Regardless, Ridley's last real competitor has been shot down so I can't complain. I'm sorry about this regardless because one of my Nsider chums, Darkspidey, was really pulling for him (her... it... what is it anyways...).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Well... it is from MP1. Ridley's more important than Dark Samus in MP1, given that he appears a few times and is a boss, whereas Dark Samus only shows up in the ending.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
What he said. Regardless, Ridley's last real competitor has been shot down so I can't complain. I'm sorry about this regardless because one of my Nsider chums, Darkspidey, was really pulling for him (her... it... what is it anyways...).
wait just a minute, i'm not counting her out just yet! the "dark" samus in that picture is seperate from the real Dark Samus, just how the Dark Link in the other event match is separate from the Dark Link costume. they're just silhouettes, nothing more.

and today's update shows that Sakurai knows that the Prime trilogy exists...so i'm still holding out hope for DS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well... it is from MP1. Ridley's more important than Dark Samus in MP1, given that he appears a few times and is a boss, whereas Dark Samus only shows up in the ending.
Is Dark Samus even in Metroid Prime 1?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Yo, my RL friend Daffron wants to join the support group "Mercenary of the Dark Hunter" But he has like... 3 2 posts. Rofl. What does he have to do to Join? PM Shuma?? Also he Loves Ridley. Is R.I.D.L.E.Y. still open (just threads closed)?

Its so funny, Him and I are like the IRL Ridley Vs Sonic. Its so cool. haha.
He's like,

Metroid anything > Everything

He'll post in a sec.

He's sitting right next to me thinking of what to say, Shooter wouldnt let him post a vote for Ridley befor cause he was so new. :lick:

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
At first, I was like, "Yes, something from Prime!"

Then I got to thinking that Dark Samus isn't really in that game. Which is exactly what you guys are talking about. Ridley's the anti-hero in that one. If we had got a Prime 2 or 3 stage, that could have boosted the dark hunter's chances... but this actually probably disproves her. I don't know, I don't want to believe it, but I'm pretty (90%) sure we won't be seeing DS in this edition. Please, please prove me wrong.

On a lighter note, this pretty much confirms that one of those two dark costumes Samus has is the Phazon Suit! Sakurai is paying attention to Prime. Coolest suit ever besides the Light Suit (I'm not a PED fan, sue me.)

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
Woot!!!!!! One Of The Best Dates Everrrr

Next week's update: Darkness (Damus theme)

BTW Syzgy, what makes you think this is the last MP stage we will get? And maybe Sakurai thought this stage would be cooler than the other ones? Dark Samus ain't disproved.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
This is a nice stage... It boosts DS's chances, IMO, but here's how I think.

Frigate Orpheon=Samus' stage

Norfair=Ridley's stage?

???=Dark Samus's stage?

Maybe.

At first, I was like, "Yes, something from Prime!"

Then I got to thinking that Dark Samus isn't really in that game. Which is exactly what you guys are talking about. Ridley's the anti-hero in that one. If we had got a Prime 2 or 3 stage, that could have boosted the dark hunter's chances... but this actually probably disproves her. I don't know, I don't want to believe it, but I'm pretty (90%) sure we won't be seeing DS in this edition. Please, please prove me wrong.

On a lighter note, this pretty much confirms that one of those two dark costumes Samus has is the Phazon Suit! Sakurai is paying attention to Prime. Coolest suit ever besides the Light Suit (I'm not a PED fan, sue me.)
If it weren't for yesterday, I would've thought Dark Samus's chances were boosted nicely by this update. I mean Norfair is Ridley's stage already; he doesn't really need one from Metroid Prime. And if Sakurai really wanted to emphasize Ridley, he would've made the Artifact Temple instead. I think this just shows that Sakurai doesn't despise the Prime games at all. I guess we'll see in time.

Oh, and I was never really a fan of the Light Suit. It made Samus look like RoboCop. The Phazon Suit was my favorite in the entire series.

Stryks

Smash Hero
EPIC EPIC UPDATE WIN!!

This is by far one of my fav. stages now and is the best update in nearly 2 months, why? cause prime is gettin rep,and thus Dark samus has a chance!

oh and A link to the snitch, I guess they DID the assets huh?! ZING!

Machete

Smash Ace
Well, having material from Prime beyond Phazon Suit (although the material is Ridley's frigate) increases Dark Samus chances.

So, maybe we'll have something from MP2 and MP3 (hoping an Aether/Dark Aether stage), so yeah, Dark Samus for Brawl.

PD: Also, having MP1 material maybe implies that Ridley will have his plasma breath

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
If Dark Samus has her own stage, my guess is that it would be Phaaze or the Impact Crater with MP in the background :O!!

Thank god that Ridley isn't hanging from the background from this stage : P

But of course they would add material from Prime 1, it was the best from the whole Prime series and was the most metroidy out of then all.

EPIC EPIC UPDATE WIN!!

This is by far one of my fav. stages now and is the best update in nearly 2 months, why? cause prime is gettin rep,and thus Dark samus has a chance!

oh and A link to the snitch, I guess they DID the assets huh?! ZING!
Zing? I never said that they didn't. It was you who said that they had to have had them. Which, in all actually, was false - they didn't have to have had them.

In all intents and purposes, you were the one who was wrong - I never took a position one way or the other.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Doesn't the Prime series already have slight representation? I thought the Phazon and Dark suits were confirmed at E for All...? That alone proves Sakurai is willing to represent Metroid Prime, but I don't think it's going to get a vast majority of the representation.

I don't really think this update helps Dark Samus anymore than it helps Ridley.

Machete

Smash Ace
Metroid Prime should be a SSE boss. And, after you beat him, you'll unlock Dark Samus and fight against it in the SSE.:)

At least, with Metroid Prime representation, Dark Samus' chances are greater now.

Thank god that Ridley isn't hanging from the background from this stage : P.
This would be an herecy.
Oh, and having Prime material... plasma breath for one of Ridley's special moves!

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
Well that kind of goes against Dark Samus having her own stage. You can't have the same character be playable at the same time they appear in the background.
That doesn't mean anything. They look VERY different from each other, and since when has "two ppl cannot be on the screen at once!" stopped Sakurai? MP looks completely different from DS, so it's very plausible. Now if Dark Samus was in the background, then that'd be stupid.

That doesn't mean anything. They look VERY different from each other, and since when has "two ppl cannot be on the screen at once!" stopped Sakurai? MP looks completely different from DS, so it's very plausible. Now if Dark Samus was in the background, then that'd be stupid.
That has nothing to do with it. They are still the same character, at different times. When has Sakurai ever done that? When has any video game director done that, outside of actual time traveling themes?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think this stage simply means Sakurai is sticking to his word and representing Metroid more thouroghly.

Dark Samus and Ridley and Rundas for Brawl!!! (I know, all of em not likely, but still :p)

And go suggest Dark Samus for the new Character Battle
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131324&page=7

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lol Ridley not likely? XD
If Ridley's not in, then I don't know WTF Sakurai is thinking, saying he will rep the series better :ohwell:
Metroid, plain and simple, needs more reps :p

Dark Samus and Ridley (maybe Rundas too) for Brawl!!!

Machete

Smash Ace
I think this stage simply means Sakurai is sticking to his word and representing Metroid more thouroghly.

Dark Samus and Ridley and Rundas for Brawl!!! (I know, all of em not likely, but still :p)

And go suggest Dark Samus for the new Character Battle
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131324&page=7
Rundas won't be in.

Good thing if we get his awesome boss battle music.

Samus, Ridley, and hopefully Dark Samus are enough representation (Rundas would be cool, but he has 0% chance)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Rundas won't be in.

Good think if we get his awesome boss battle music.

Samus, Ridley, and hopefully Dark Samus are enough representation (Rundas would be cool, but he has 0% chance)
Yeah.....his theme should be in though :p

Ridley and Dark Samus for Brawl!!!
^fix'd

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
this update boosted both Dark Samus's AND Ridley's chances.

notice that now we have Norfair and Frigate Orpheon...the first place Samus encounters Ridley and Meta-Ridley respectively.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
this update boosted both Dark Samus's AND Ridley's chances.

notice that now we have Norfair and Frigate Orpheon...the first place Samus encounters Ridley and Meta-Ridley respectively.
I was thinking that! :)

Imagine if they have the Generator from MP3 :rotfl::

EDIT: I meant the Pirate homeworld seed :p

Top Bottom