• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Readysetgo
are you from pa i didn't see your info if you are post it so maybe we can play

Power rankings people
we have pa's biggest lan center in lancaster if you want i'll throw a tourny and it can be at East Coast Gamers for only pa players cuz they've been askin me to throw another tourny but if it happens can someone else run it cuz i got no experience and i don't want any i would like mow to run it but it really doesn't matter who, and maybe damon can record stuff but if you want me to just let me know. And its gotta be after evo.

Player Finder
Can you please change my info to 18 years old and my cell number post it as 717-341-7491.

Swift
when do you come back i forgot.

P.S.
If ima throw this **** i wanna have a list of people who's gonna come then ima take half the names and tell ECG thats how many people is comin

I get back august 26th. I'll probly be there even if i haven't come home yet, because its about the same distance.(i think)

you make a thread for this

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Bowser wont let me edit.........

I get back august 26th. I'll probly make a small attempt to go if its b4 i go back to PA. But I'd want it to be when I'm in pitts

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I like this idea, but you need a totally sweet Komo name like "Rumble Baby Skull Eaters Donkey Punchgurururururuuuuuu tournament part 3" or something. Assuming the name is sweet enough, I'll be there.

PS. Komo, your marth is whack, play more Zelda.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
ok since there aren't any objections im down to make the thread after i come up with the name but just to let everyone know it won't be till after the 25th of august but i still need verification that people are coming also i wanna know if it should be just Pennsylvania players that are elligible for the tourney

Damon180

Smash Ace
whatever works :) i'll be down for helping to run it, i'll be there either way. found myself some new tournament software to play with.
here's my info, cause i disappeared from the finder.

I'll be moving to York County as of august 14th
AIM: Damon180 | Email: damon180@hotmail.com
Phone: (717)424-0791 | Age:26
Chars: link, peach, roy, falco
i'm hardly on smashboards, so contact me via aim.
i'm also a bored insomniatic workaholic. if ya wanna play it'd have to be planned out a week or so in advance :).

PA Player Finder

Smash Rookie
PA State Power Rankings - 7/16/07

1. Cactuar
2. UmbreonMow
3. Javi
4. Triad Prodigy
5. Velocity
6. Swiftbass
7. Pacman On Crack
8. El Komosutro
9. Wesley
10. pockyD
11. The Cape
12. Dot_Eater
13. xyt
14. Vagabond
15. D20

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Labor day weekend is bad for me, I'll be working for sure :(

Also, I'm now 20 as of today, so update my info...

...that is all.

D20

Smash Lord
I agree with the rankings... except Cowboyardee should be number 1 for his amazingness.

That D20 guy is pretty good, too. He should be number 2. Who's that Cactuar n00b?

pockyD

Smash Legend
just for the record, we came up with this list as a group, so there was no real voting or anything; we were all in agreement

mow called us stupid and walked out on us halfway through a discussion so we moved on without him =\

Velocity

Smash Lord
and that was only half of the convo, along with that we all agree to update the list probably around september ish, to remove inactive players, and to add new players that might be moving to pa along with any changes the that could accur. also 5-7 was extrmeley close and 8-12 was difficult as well

JFox

Smash Hero
I think its a wonderful list. Nice job guys.

I do not disagree with his spot, however I do feel that Swiftbass will soon go up in the rankings.

Renth

Smash Hero

1. Cactuar agreed
2. UmbreonMow agreed
3. Javi agreed
4. Triad Prodigy agreed
5. Velocity -------> should not be this high
6. Swiftbass ---> switch these two
7. Pacman On Crack ---> ^ ^ ^
8. El Komosutro ---> should be higher
9. Wesley ---> that should be about right
10. pockyD --- > about right
11. The Cape should be under triad silly people
12. Dot_Eater never played em
13. xyt --- has very little over all experience in the game
14. Vagabond --- should be higher
15. D20 ---> is better than XYT, Velocity, ect.

I made my changes.

D

Deleted member

1. Cactuar
2. UmbreonMow
3. Javi
4. Triad Prodigy
5. Velocity
6. Swiftbass
7. Pacman On Crack
8. El Komosutro
9. Wesley
10. pockyD
11. The Cape
12. Dot_Eater
13. xyt
14. Vagabond
15. D20
lol. g/j cape, way to beat everyone in tournament except me and cactuar and still be 11th.

I am baffled as to why velocity is 5th, being ranked higher than both swiftbass AND wesley.

What the hell was this based off of anyway?

Renth

Smash Hero
but anyways, i give my best to PA enjoy have fun i'll be back in a year or so if you guys are still playing Brawl will be out by then.

I also expect this list to change once LK and Reik move in to PA =)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Cape should be higher. Sure he has been inactive for a while, but oh my. From what i've seen of his tournament play. He pretty much picks a random character to play, and plays it through the tournament, and places high. Yea... im done.

Velocity

Smash Lord
hey lets see i went to smashtality and placed higher then everyone except cactuar and placed the same as javier thats just one tourny i go to a tourny every weekend so what are you baffled at i beat wesley there as well which was a very close match wouldnt say im alot better then him now but i do place higher in tournies overall and i also beat pakman at nepa sorry to say but i ***** elkomo at hersehy though that was a long time ago and well cape has lost to everyone in tourny no but whens the last one he went to and competed you expect the list to change ***** read what the panelist write i wrote that already lol at renth playing me like twice so if theres that big of issues with the list recent touries resulst will prove helpful though if people dont go to ne thing then we cant help you also swiftbass lost to dot eater so technically we could put him higher right no we didnt do that we look at everything and we have 4 people from both sides of the state on this id say its very accurate aside from having people that are way to inactive to judge

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
No offense Mow, but you haven't played a lot of these guys in a while. I didn't get a lot better until after Cat 3. I don't think you have played me since. We looked at a lot of recent tournament results and discussed the close match ups.

Velocity and PockyD have played all these guys a lot so their judgment is pretty good.

I do agree that some people on the list need to prove themselves due to lack of activity. I haven't seen or heard of the cape playing well in awhile. El Komosutro will also need to prove himself. We all agreed that scar is too new to place on the list but he is definitely a candidate for future lists. Dot also needs to show some consistantsy to be placed higher.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
1. Cactuar
2. UmbreonMow
3. Javi
4. Triad Prodigy
5. Velocity
6. Swiftbass
7. Pacman On Crack
8. El Komosutro
9. Wesley
10. pockyD
11. The Cape
12. Dot_Eater
13. xyt
14. Vagabond
15. D20

hey there is 5 guys from pittsburgh on here thats sweet.
unfortunaly i go to all the ohio tournys and the only i went to with these guys was pound. there needs to be some more pa events. i think the list is fairly accurate though.
o and alaon definlty should be on this list.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
i agree with the list except for vagabond but other than that its a good list and if your gonna update it in September i guess i might be able to prove myself a little more but GOOD JOB i think pa should crew battle japan so we can like pwn them and i'll call it SUPER SHINING CHAOS OF UNVEILING SEXY DETERGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUUUUUUURUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Vagabond was one of the hardest people for us panelists to judge because we have so little experience with him, and the only time any of us saw him recently was at mowfest where he was apparently playing like garbage. Don't take this list as final, I expect it to change significantly as PA players play each other more and more. As long as the list is sparking discussion and driving people to perform better, it's serving it's purpose.

Damon180

Smash Ace
vagabond is on the same boat i am.
the career boat. it gets in the way of smash time, both tournaments and practice :). i think he beat elkomo most of the time at our last fest, but not making a presence in the community does hurt.
anyway, a list doesn't mean much. some people can beat some more then others and blah blah.
and i do need to start holding more tournaments. pa events rule. i am working on a plan to have the government add an 8th day to the week, we'll see if that works.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think those close to each other should play 3 matches to decide who is better. A match of mains, a match of secondaries and a match of low tiers (low tier that isn't main or second). Keep track of remaining stocks and most stocks win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom