• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rankings! Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings (10/31/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the problem is a lot of people who don't travel don't have much to base their rankings on, so there's no reason to allow mario_madman to have the same amount of sway as you do

Renth

Smash Hero
speaking of which i think it's time the thread got some new updaters

it hasn't been updated in two and a half months, gier is retired, we found out today that iceburgh is retiring (lol), and renth is moving to florida

i volunteer to do it ;) but if not me, there should be someone
I'll still help with it when i get bored.. main reason cactuar and i left it alone is because we got tired of it lol although i probably shouldn't because i'm not really a PA smasher anymore... XD

I was really sad when I saw all the magikarp flopping weakly at lake valor. This just brough back bad memories. I hope you're happy.

On the other hand, I now have the strongest gyarados in the world on my team.
My apologies Max... please don't lock me in the dungeon again i swear i'll be good...
:cry:

I think a panelist of judges (for lack of a better word) would be a good idea. Like 3 or 4 people who are active and know whats going on and whose who in state.

PA sucks.

Peace.

Edit: In completely unrelated news...

Mow, I've been stewing over the pokemon team you have in your sig, you mind letting me in on each one's moveset, that'd be really cool.
You can't say PA sucks mainly because.. i don't even know who you are XD YOU HAVE TO EARN IT!!

and as far as Mows team that card in his sig is just a joke he really just has 6 electrodes with spore and dream eater ;)

that was fun but so hard to read T_T)... engerish isn't my first langauge you know...
arguments are fun.. but only when it's someone else cause i never win.. @_@)..
ok... enough about that

anyways... i am in favor of some sort of a ranking system : D!!
and as for nominations for a board member from pittsburgh i also suggest wes or pocky
as they seem the most knowledgeable about players in PA to me
reik is awesome, so yes, take him off the PA rankings @_@).. (makes sense right?)..

all you people w/ your cherry sodas and what not.
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY CAUSE I CANT EVEN GET ONE WITHOUT A PLANE
(both dr. pepper and root beer tastes bad...)

i am XYT and Mow says i'm good.
this makes me happy like a little girl..
therefore i am now going to shoot lazors and short hop and at the same time

THANK YOU!
miss you all T_T)!!..
I also would like to Nominate XYT a.k.a. Sheik for having the most pointless posts in PA history. Both Dr. Pepper and Root Beer are amazing go play some DDR you jerk! LOL the reason Reiks being taken off because he's not a PA smasher however he is going to be going to shippensburg in PA sometime in the near future so in which time he'll be added i guess..

pockyD

Smash Legend
illegal nowadays =\

another thing wrong with everyone voting is that the areas with bigger populations (i.e. pittsburgh) will pretty much dominate the voting process; also, without discussion (especially in a big state), everyone is voting with less than optimal information

D

Deleted member

my trainer card is my GSC team.

top 10 in PA IMO:

1. cactuar
2. javi
3-4. cape/el komo
5-8. vagabond/xyt/swftbass/wesley
9-12. pacman on crack/D20/pockyD/velocity

I moved to VA for the summer so I'm not on this list.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well would you want to actually be involved in a rankings panel? probably every 3 months since we don't actually have any statewide events to effect any changes

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
since the state is so big i think we should have 2 ranking, east side and west side, and when a big tournamnet comes up and both top memebers of both sides are there they play to make the overall pa rankings. i dunno just throwen it out there.

Renth

Smash Hero
PA power rankings should be decided by who can get the most stocks off of a bowser challenge those things are too much fun.

takieddine

Smash Master
I think just about everyone played everyone else, or at least seen them play, so we can hopefully decide on a peliminary list. We can start from the top down, that way its easier

Also, I suck at this game...

Renth

Smash Hero
how's this someone host a tournament somewhere that's easily accessable to Pittsburgh, Scranton, and Philly call it BEST OF PA'S BEST (yes i'm ripping off BOMB) and take your rankings not from the tournament it's self but look at who beat who, who won over all, and take rankings from over all success or failure.

xyt

Smash Lord
my trainer card is my GSC team.

top 10 in PA IMO:

1. cactuar
2. javi
3-4. cape/el komo
5-8. vagabond/xyt/swftbass/wesley
9-12. pacman on crack/D20/pockyD/velocity

I moved to VA for the summer so I'm not on this list.
woah... 5~8 @_@).. that's pretty cool
i'd personally like to make some changes though

top 10 in PA IM(comparitively ignorant)O:
1. cactuar
2. mow
3. javi
4-5. wesley/swft
6-9. el komo/pockyD/pacman on crack/Cape (in no particular order)
10-13. D20/XYT/Vagabond/Velocity (in no particular order)

i notice this is probably in accurate
espeically since i've never played javi or pacman
but i thought i'd give my input
everyone else share an opinion?
might help for deciding rankings : D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Panelists is a better system. . . I don't want to look through everyone's 2 cents on what they think the rankings should be. Also, you definately haven't been around enough, Pacman's way better than that, so's Velocity and there are definately more that should be on there.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you are free to give your thoughts ;) just don't expect them to make a significant impact unless you do some explaining (having a list is nice but without reasoning we can't take much from it)

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I'd like to dissagree with Cape being on the list at all, not because I don't think he is good (because from what I heard he is very good), but because he is barely active enough, the only times I've heard of him playing recently is when people come to him and he hasn't participated in any tournaments to make it fair for him to be ranked if we are going off the system that most others use. As for this Javi guy I'd have to say the same thing, is he even on SWF? Does he have any vids? Who has played him, where, and when? He is like some big mystery to us guys on the east, we've only heard stories.

Thats just my two cents. I know I'm probably going to get ***** for it (saying 2 people in the top 3 don't deserve their spot constitutes ******...).

Mow:
Oh its a GSC team I was thinking it was a RSE team no wonder I was a bit confused...

Renth

Smash Hero
I'd like to dissagree with Cape being on the list at all, not because I don't think he is good (because from what I heard he is very good), but because he is barely active enough, the only times I've heard of him playing recently is when people come to him and he hasn't participated in any tournaments to make it fair for him to be ranked if we are going off the system that most others use. As for this Javi guy I'd have to say the same thing, is he even on SWF? Does he have any vids? Who has played him, where, and when? He is like some big mystery to us guys on the east, we've only heard stories.

Thats just my two cents. I know I'm probably going to get ***** for it (saying 2 people in the top 3 don't deserve their spot constitutes ******...).

Mow:
Oh its a GSC team I was thinking it was a RSE team no wonder I was a bit confused...
Are you Joking? The Cape is really good he pretty much is the reason i'm good at this game :dizzy: As far as Jaiver goes he's amazing he places really well at MLG tournaments just because these 2 don't play around PA doesn't mean they shouldn't be on the list

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Im thinking we do the panelist idea. Everyone on the panelist comes up with a single top 15 list. then from there people may ask to be obsereved from time to time by someone on the panelist. Then the panelist will bring whatever he sees to the attention of everyone else, and may or may not update the list.

The list is going to be flawed at the start so just try and make like 1-7 as accurate as possible, then the lower ranks will slowly but surley work them selves into their respected places.

Also if we need people to update the list i'll gladly help out. I always pop on here once a day so if anything needs updated i'll see it and do it.

Offtopic:
Evan, i herd from rob that your driving to a tournament in ohio sometime. Can i hitch a ride? : )

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Javier was at Smashtality 3. He beat me and placed pretty well. He doesn't travel too much but he is really good and active when he can be. He will probably be at any TGP event. I think Cactuar Mow and Javi are the obvious top 3, but after that there is chaos because the next 6 or 7 people are around the same level. Rather than arguing, lets get panelists and vote.

edit: If you happen to see this on Friday June 29th woot.com is selling a device that makes video recording very easy if you have a laptop.

pockyD

Smash Legend
anyways, for now the panelists are me, wesley, umbreonmow, pacmanoncrack, and velocity

cactuar said he didn't want to be involved directly in making the list but that we are free to consult with him on specific issues ;)

also if anyone else from central PA thinks they would be a good fit that would be cool

naka i just don't think you've played a lot of east PA =\

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
after the list is made how do we go about trying to get on the rankings/getting higher on the ranking

takieddine

Smash Master
Are you Joking? The Cape is really good he pretty much is the reason i'm good at this game :dizzy: As far as Jaiver goes he's amazing he places really well at MLG tournaments just because these 2 don't play around PA doesn't mean they shouldn't be on the list
He just said cape isnt active enough, not that he's not good.

pockyD

Smash Legend
in tournaments, in mm, or just very very consistently, sure

also if you go to OH and 3 stock drephen in a mm that counts for something too =); it's not all just vs. PA players IMO

Nakamaru

Smash Master
anyways, for now the panelists are me, wesley, umbreonmow, pacmanoncrack, and velocity

cactuar said he didn't want to be involved directly in making the list but that we are free to consult with him on specific issues ;)

also if anyone else from central PA thinks they would be a good fit that would be cool

naka i just don't think you've played a lot of east PA =\
i wasnt saying me being a panelist. Im not active enought anymore for it. Im just saying i could help update the playerfinder if needed.

I think that cape would bea good central person for the panelist. He is just doing army stuff so he is gone for a while.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think that cape would be a good central person for the panelist. He is just doing army stuff so he is gone for a while.
that's exactly the problem though; being a panelist isn't about being good and skilled (which no one will deny about the cape), it's about being active and playing a variety of people as much as possible

edit: and if you want to help with the list sure; talk to me on aim sometime

just be wary of the many colors and nested tags in the first post; i accidently destroyed it more than a few times when i made my first updates (i hope nobody had noticed)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Eh, honestly who else do we have out in central PA? :/ Unless someone who is pretty good shows up in central PA. Mow and Cape are about it i believe, and mow is in VA for a good part of the year.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah, pretty lame =\

i think we can make do with just one for now since it hopefully will not come down to a voting process (my hope is that we can discuss and all agree based on proper reasoning)

if we can't settle, then... who knows =[

Renth

Smash Hero
I know PA pretty well =) i've played the scranton guys, pittsburgh guys, and philly guys hehe not that i want to be a panelist just saying over all if it gets into a large debate i can help out a bit even though... i'm not really... a PA guy anymore :(

As far as The Cape goes as everyone clearly has an issue on his standings i know he expressed much interest in playing a lot with Reik once he got back from the army and when Reik comes to shippensburg so i'm seeing that he is going to become active soon since he wanted to visit me every weekend. Basically what i'm getting at is, don't count him out of the rankings
1. Tuar
2. Mow
3. Javi
4. Cape - Elkomo - pakman

Keeping in mind i have no interest in being a panelist just want to clear up a few minor things

pockyD

Smash Legend
whatever, if we can't settle by discussion we can always do a points-based vote

i personally don't think i'm biased toward my region (but then again, who would admit to being biased?) but who knows

if the rankings turn out to be more trouble than positive, then they will be taken down of course -_-

CaptainFalco30

Smash Cadet
...admidst all this

Allegheny County

Crewless
Chimera
AIM: StackHOWZ/Email: StackHOWZ@aol.com
Cell #: 724 216 3438/Age 19
Location: Duquesne University 9 months outta the year, summer I'm about half an hour from the city. I'm looking for local tournaments in and around Pittsburgh.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yo im just in sewickley. Give me a call if you want to play once in a while. My number should be posted in the finder.

Man i can't wait for the old weeklies to start back up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom