• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
See my above quote from Twist if you want to know why I kinda suspect him as independant/mafia. I'm not all too happy with my vote either, but it really is the best we have to go on.
Dr_Twist said:
btw you know i don't know if you perposly did ity but you revealed that your a townie!
Seriously, what the heck? Who says that? From what I can gather, he got a PM saying he was Independant/Mafia. Not ever completely reading the rules in the first place, he didn't know you WANT people to think you're town. He must have thought the game revolved around a different aspect than this altogether.
Dr_Twist said:
but i thought i'm supposed to keep it a secret
Keep your alliance a secret? Sound's like scum talk to me. He definitely had something to keep secret or else he wouldn't have responded like that.

So yeah, he's a bit of a noob which is why he made all those mistakes. But those mistakes let us see what side he was on based on his odd responses.

If you have anything better I'd be glad to hear it.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
thank you for actually defending your vote adaquetly...he now seems more suspicious to me now that someone actually grouped some quotes together

Blazer

Smash Ace
eor! the only thing i'm saying is i'm not mafia!
you!! haha! *pushes agentli into fire*
btw you know i don't know if you perposly did ity but you revealed that your a townie!
but i thought i'm supposed to keep it a secret!
1.He won't say he's town
2. He tried to murder Agentli (JOKE)
3.He is bothered by the fact that I said I am town.
4. He is supposed to keep his alignment a secret. Usually you keep your alignment secret if your mafia or if your Independent.

It screams independent/mafia to me.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Ok…I promised I would do this for our benefit in the future…especially mine as it allows me to see things clearer…so I may be developing ideas along the way…

Dr_twist what alignment are you?
Eorlingas’ first question to twist

Are you town, independent, or mafia?
Eorlingas says this after twist asked “what do you mean”

but i thought i'm supposed to keep it a secret!
Twist responds with this…

yeah, just post what side you are on

if you don't want some people to know, put it in spoiler tags.

Last edited by Eorlingas : 06-13-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Eorlingas says this obviously but he edits shich a) is against the rules b) suspicious in my book for hiding something though it could be a real mistake

If you don't want other people to know, put it in spoiler tags. As a mod, I can see who highlights them. I will ban everyone who views it, if you wish.
As I reread this I truly start to see that eor is only trying to bait out twist like he said…at this point he tries to lull twist into a false sense of security

Can you give yourself infractions?

Twist, if you're on the same team as I am I'll protect you tonight. What are you?
Commonyoshi says this next, catching on to the trick and still trying to lure out twist

Twist, I'm town see, I'm willing to say what side I'm on. You should be able to say your side too. There's nothing wrong with telling us what side your on. If we don't know what team your on then we can't help you to win.
Blazer joins in with the baiting…

Dr. Twist, look at it this way. Only eor can look at it, cause he'll track anyone one else who views what's in the spoiler tags and ban them if you say for eor's eyes only before the spiler tag. Then, if your town hell know and can back you up if we gang up on you. And if he says your mafia and your actually not then you can tell us and we'll know that eor is mafia. And, if your mafia we'll proably just think that eor's lying and that your actually town.

See like this

For Eorlingas's eyes only
Spam_Master is an investigative doctor
remember don't look at it unless your eor or he'll track your IP address and ban you.
It's cool as long as you say "For Eorlingas's eyes only" before you post it so nobody else is allowed to look at it
This is spammasters post where he says he is an “investigative doctor” the obviously outrageous role claim that is supposed to encourage twist to say something

Spam_Master, what does that say? I don't wanna get banned...Not worth the risk...Please?
Blazer continues the ploy

All right, I'll go along with it, but this is weird....

...and I'm not sure if I trust Eorlingas with this...

FOS: Eorlingas
for making the town reveal their secret roles, when we don't even know if Eorlingas is town.

town mason
This is agentli’s post roleclaiming…could be fake or not, we can’t tell if he is playing along or not

First of all, blazer, i only wanted eor too see that's i posted it in spoilers. I suggest not letting your curiosity get the better of you because i really don;t wnat to wait for doc to find a replacement foryou after you get banned.

Second of all, pythag, other people aren;t going to come out lying and say that their actually twist's role beacause only eor will know what it is, and since it's only one person he doesn't need to conceal his role either
Spam continues to play along seamlessly it seems, being very convincing

Unless, Eorlingas is mafia, and then pretty much we're screwed because the mafia will know all of the town's power roles and basically will kill us all off.
Agentli says this confirming to me that he actually thinks this idea is for everyone and doesn’t see the ploy…he roleclaims to boot…which either points out that he is mafia and was one step ahead of eor and his idea when he just wanted to know the side or he is telling the truth and made a stupid mistake about what he was “supposed” to say

WHAT THE **** TACO MAN!!!
I thought we were just kidding! Someone wanna remind me why we are doing this again? And why are we handing ourselves a person that could possibly be mafia?
A) This defeats the purpose of no pming as only one person gets to see evferything? Thats bull.
B) Can you actually see who highlighted a spoiler eor? I doubt it. Im going to other mods first.

So yeah, Im no revealing my self. HelI no. Uber FOS: Eor for doing this.
Ronike doesn’t pick up on the ploy…and thinks eor is mafia getting everyone to say stuff…his reaction makes me think he is town

You've gotta be kidding me...

Are you people idiots?! How could anyone POSSIBLY know exclusively who highlights what was hidden by a spoiler tag?! That's just saddening that you guys all fell for Eor's trick. When I saw him probing Twist I knew he was just trying to take advantage of him and potentially get him to tell everyone he was an independant or mafia, which I didn't mind because it was genuinely pro town, but now that people are posting their ROLES here, out in the open, under the impression that only Eor can see them, this has got to stop. If Eorlingas is mafia you guys just handed him all teh info he could ever want. HE CAN'T CHECK TO SEE WHO DOES AND DOES NOT HIGHLIGHT SPOILER TAGS. *sigh*

Just everyone, stop role revealing...now.

Idk if this turning into a role reveal fest was Eor's plan from the start or it just grew out of control while he was trying to probe Dr. Twist. If it's the former, I believe a nice orderly lynch is in order.
Frozen posts saying that this should stop because people, like li are actually saying their roles…he also insults everyone who genuinely fell for it

Frozen, calm down. What I said wasn't a lie, mods being able to check spoiler tags where added in the server upload.

I already checked the spoiler tags, so I know who looked anyways. Expect a PM from me. You might have to be replaced.

Lets just wait for Dr_Twist to post his before anyone else does anything.

And I can assure you I am not mafia.
Despite some people already spoiling the trick eor still tries to keep up the ploy

Look, i'll even put my own role out.

For Dr_Twist's eyes only: My role is the Donkey Herder. I can pick one person a night to get killed by a donkey punch
Eor “roleclaims” in an attempt to get twist to reveal…the role doesn’t reveal town/independent/mafia status allowing twist to feel safe about posting

I don't like this. At all. And it defeats the bloody purpose of no pming. And who is to say the mafia won't come back later to look at these?
Ronike still hasn’t caught on and is genuinely concerned…this continues for a few posts as well

I'm not sure I believe Eorlingas about that, why the hell would anyone want everyone to post what their alliances are? Even if he is a mod he should get no exceptions when it comes to knowing stuff, it totally takes away from the game.

Also, shame on you guys for putting your stuff under spoiler tags. Even if it is Eor, and he is a mod, why the hell would you tell him your role? You DO realize that you have no clue whether he is mafia or town, and anyone who is mafia who looks under those tags sees what you put, you're dead.

Stupid.

vote: Eorlingas
Lance87 thinks eor is mafia and votes, doesn’t see ploy…makes me think he is town

Hahaha.
Vote: Eorlingas for obvious reasons. But seriously, that was HILARIOUS. I feel bad for actually doing this because it was so funny. If there was ever a time for rep to return...

It wasn't that he got Spam_Master to post that he was doctor, it's that he kept up the act. I'm pretty we were all joking around when we tried to get Dr_Twist to do it, but keeping with the act while some people were gullible enough to follow is another thing altogether.

Also, how the heck can you people be so dumb? No Ronike, the mod powers he described are absolutely impossible. Not only that, you could get around it by simply quoting the post. I'm surprised you took it seriously at all and flipped out. Keep in mind that that action would be a complete abuse of moderator powers as well. You cant threaten someone with bannings in a game just to benefit yourself.

Spam_Master, I'm inclined to vote against you too for participating such a lie and defending it in post #295. I wouldn't be surprised if that role claim was wrong to draw out the real doctor. (Because everyone peaked, and you know it.) Then all you would have had to say was that you were kidding and only wanted Eor's trust or something stupid like that.
And if you're really the doctor then all I have to say is that I'd rather lose you than someone experienced. Seriously, when have doctors ever been that helpful anyway? Pft
I think common is confused at this point…he knew what was happening or so it seemed….but he votes eor…he also attacks spam for defending eor’s idea…common alos played along with it for a little while…but now he just switches sides and votes eor…mafia? I doubt it but it is a possiblility…I think he just got confused or something…does anyone else have something to add on commons stance?

Heh heh... Ok, I'll admit I tried getting Dr_Twist to post his role too, but only because he was such a noob (no offense), and it was too funny. I really wanted to see if we could pull it off. If I get lynched because of this I had no regrets whatsoever.

I thought Spam_Master was just playing along until post #295 which was when I noticed he was really serious. He's either really foolish, or he's with Eorlingas, and he's trying to get the whole spoiler plan working.
Ok…so he did play along but thought it was a joke…(like I said I would be developing ideas as I go)

Unvote: Eorlingas
Now that I think about it... This is Eorlingas we're talking about, and this was the noobiest mistake I've ever seen. I doubt he would do something so dumb if he were Mafia so my only conclusion is that he just took a joke too far. I'll wait for his defense post to make a concrete decision.
Common seems to have seen the light…

long post…by eor…not going to put it in here
Eor excoriates people for not understanding what he is doing…explains his purpose

From here people post saying that they played along with eor…frozen says he was concerned people were getting confused (as I did when I read it all at once)

suspicious= Dr. Twist, as he has not posted once since he was asked what his role was.
Agentli because he has eager to reveal hi role (probably fake) in order to solidify his townness.
but...sigh...once again back to square one.
Pythag posts this and I agree with him about agentli…he may have jumped as I said before

From here eor still tries to get twist to say something and now people are finally posting quotes together to show why they are voting…showing their logic that is

After all of this rereading and analysis of sorts…I see that when I read this the first time I didn’t pick up on the trick and everybody joining in on it…but now I see it and the quotes given along by those recently before me and the fact that twist has continued to be reluctant on saying what side he belongs to, makes me feel that he is independent/mafia…

vote: Dr_Twist

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I can only say that I was confused about the whole investigative doctor thing. I thought it was some medical term seen on shows like ER or House. I thought Spam was serious. :(

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Can we get a vote count because unless i'm mistaken, I think I just heard Twist's neck snap.

In case I don't post before night, I hope to see you all in the morning, unless your independent or scum, in which case I hope you suffer a horrible fate at each others hands.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Unvote: Dr_twist

I'll wait to hear what he has to say

Dr_Twist

Smash Lord
DEFENSE!!! right.. sure.... ok what am i supposed too say. why do you think i don't post much i don't know what to say man! i see that i will get lynched so i guess your all right i'm the cop dude ****! see in real life these weren't so complicated! anyway there i lose you kill an independent!!! woot woot you win! thats would be all!

oh and

unvote:eor!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Tell us the truth, you lieing scumbag! I want to know who's mafia! *bangs table with fists of furry* Tell us who you work for and we wont kill you.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
"They molestered me!" Vote Count:
Dr_Twist: 8 (spam_master, camo-man, Blazer, Eorlingas, smashman90, commonyoshi, GotMink, ligolski)
GotMink: 1 (agentli)
Eorlingas: 1 (Dr_Twist)
smashman90: 1 (Pythag)

Eight to lynch. You lynched Dr_Twist! He was Evil Cartman, pro-town.

Evil Cartman PM said:
You are Evil Cartman, pro-town. Each night, you may investigate a player to see if he is Eric Cartman, who you believe is not town-aligned. If he is Eric Cartman, you kill him. If he is not Eric Cartman, nothing happens. You win when only pro-town players remain.
It is now NIGHT ONE. There is NO POSTING AT NIGHT. Please send in night choices promptly. If I decide to end the night, and you have not sent me a choice, no choice will be made.

NO POSTING!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Not before he had the necessary votes. guess we are playing that way. *goes back to sleep now*

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Day Two!

Good morning, and welcome to Day Two of South Park Mafia II! Well, it's not a very good morning if you're frozenflame751. He was found dead in his house. At the North Pole, because he was Santa Claus, pro-town motivator.

Santa Claus PM said:
You are Santa Claus, pro-town motivator. You win when only pro-town players remain. Each night, you may give presents to one player, motivating them and improving their night role (if they have one) in a way unknown to you. You may choose not to motivate if you wish (if you do, PM me letting me know you take no action). You may not motivate yourself.
It is now Day Two! With 13 alive, it will take seven votes to lynch!

ligolski

Smash Rookie
ok the gimmick of frozen dieing every night 1 when he is town is unfortunately continued...

as for the of our doc...we were mislead by his reactions which were very strange, I don't think there is anyone we can truly blame for this because most of us agreed in the end...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
i almost forgot...I want to talk about "evil-cartman"...he is evil but he is town...any thoughts?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I've discovered something about the doctor!
noob!

Ligolski, if you've ever watched South Park, Evil Cartman is actually a good guy. The REAL Cartman is the badguy. Evil Cartman came from an alternate universe where everything was an evil version of the universe we're in right now. But since Cartman in this universe is already evil, he would be good in the flip sided one... Er, understand? It's hard for me to explain.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well, actually Cartman in the TV show isn't a bad person. He's just selfish. and evil... But now TOO evil. >_> He's saved the day a couple of times, but he' generally considered a bad person.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
ah evil cartman....double negative. I get it!
and that really sucks for frozen...
has this happened often?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actually, he has the tradition of Day 1 deaths.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ugh, I meant night one

I agree with Ligolski on Dr_Twist. I mean, he claimed independent.

We did, however, gain information on it. Eric Cartman is evil, so maybe it's the kids that make up the mafia? Probably not, but if someone has a role that reveals someone's character, it should help them.

I'm lost about what we should do next for the moment. I'll think on it

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
well does frozen's death possibly show that at least one of the mafia is experienced? Or at least experienced to know that Frozen usually dies?

Blazer

Smash Ace
Oh, I so badly wanted to explain evil cartman. Darn you Common.

Any other evil characters will undoubtedly be mafia though or at least that's what I think.

I do watch South Park so I can tell roles and alignments. So if time comes to role reveal I'll PROBABLY be able to tell sides from characters. There are a few I'm not positive of though because the characters in South Park are relatively strange for side choices.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Perhaps

Though Frozen is a good mafia player, maybe they just killed him because they know he's good.

Though I think it's weird that there was only one action that was taken last night. Normally, there are three or more that are openly talked about.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well, at least now you have more time to play the Thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom