• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That was a pretty bad attempt

Actually, that was really bad.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
So, Lance87 and GotMink, which side are you aligned with?
Does it really matter how I answer? Anyone asked this question, whether they are town or mafia, would answer town. The joke's over dooder, let it die please. No offense, btw.

I am curious as to why you chose to ask about me and GotMink specifically. Care to explain?

On a side note, last night sucked. But to my knowledge he only "claimed" independant after he was already dead. I plan on looking back a little into Day 1, it might not have been as uninformative as some others.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Though Frozen is a good mafia player, maybe they just killed him because they know he's good.
Yeah, but the fact that they even chose him makes me suspect that the Mafia aren't all too bright. Anyone experienced would have known that killing Frozen on Night 1is a given due to his pure ownage at this game. So they should have probably realized that
the doctor would have forseen this and chosen a different target in case they were thwarted just to be on the safe side. They did manage to kill him, but I think only because the doctor is a noob at this game and has never experienced Frozen in his glory. Therefore, the doctor did not save him, and Frozen died.

Conclusion: Our Doctor is a noob, and the mafia is too. Not noobish to the point where they dont know that Frozen pwns, but noobish to the point where they didn't think their kill out like they should have. (or maybe I'm just looking into this too much :/)

*Assumptions dont include switching/blocking/whatever mumbojumbo as a possibility to just keep it simple
Anyone know what D2, 13A, and 7L is all about?
TH6, R93 lol

Yeah, no clue.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Allright, I did NOT agree with the lynch of Twist, but I agree with you guys that he was actually asking for a lynch. He was acting very weird and there should've been something wrong with him. In the end, there wasn't but never mind.

About Evil Cartman, this kinda confirms that the Cartman role (which is probally there) is mafia. Or maybe he's independant because he's so selfish? Oh man, this is pretty confusing >_<.

Bad luck for frozen, he never lives long.
Pythag said:
well does frozen's death possibly show that at least one of the mafia is experienced? Or at least experienced to know that Frozen usually dies?
I don't think that's true. On day 1, you immediatly see the difference between experienced players and less experienced players. Frozen is one of the most experienced players and he shows that immediatly. You suggest that he was lynched because he is always lynched pretty early, that it would be some sort of tradition, but I don't think that's the right way to look at it.

What to do now, I've no idea. It's pretty weird that there haven't been any other night roles so there are no clues for other people's role too (no common, shut up with your nameclaim >_<)

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I agree that there is more than likely a "normal" Cartman role that is either mafia/independant.

I don't agree that the doc is probably a noob. There are lots of people to choose from and he could've had any reason to protect whoever he did, if in fact he sent in his role at all. I just don't think we should jump to conclusions.

Day 2, 13 Alive, 7 to Lynch. Lol.
Good eye.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Lance87 said:
I don't agree that the doc is probably a noob. There are lots of people to choose from and he could've had any reason to protect whoever he did, if in fact he sent in his role at all. I just don't think we should jump to conclusions.
About that doc thing, I agree that the doc does not have to be noob. He just protected someone else. Does that matter that much? He just didn't think that frozen would be the night target but somebody else would. Sticking to the frozen-lynched-on-night-1-thing is just bad, there are more important players out there (more important as in more than just 1 player, not as in better than frozen).

ligolski

Smash Rookie
ok i have a few things to throw out there...

eric cartman is probably the godfather...just look at twist's role

blazer allied himself with frozen who died

agentli is posting as much as he does in other games where he is town

mafia killed frozen, had to have at least one player who has played before and has seen this trend

Blazer

Smash Ace
What exactly does me allying myself with Frozen have to do with anything? Also I didn't ally myself with anyone. I told someone not to vote on him because we didn't have any proof against him. Turns out, if he had managed a lynch on him we'd be even worse off than we are today. Mafia probably wouldn't have targeted Twist but rather a more experienced smarter (no offense if he's reading this) player who may have had a more important role to boot.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
it shows that:
a) you are town, which there is nothing to complain about here
b) or you could be mafia trying to get a powerful players side...

everything is important whether it seems like it or not...

and that next powerful player is probably me or eor...booooo

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, in all fairness, you kinda allyed yourself with all of the "power players"
I believe Eor mentioned this earlier.

Personally, I am still suspicious of agentli.
During the great "role reveal of Day 1" all who showed their role posted outlandishly fake roles.
Except agentli. He posted he was the town masons. I don't think he was fooled by that exchange, he just wanted a chance to prove he was town.
Then after the first night he's one of the first to post "bad night guys, bad night..."
I don't buy it.
FOS agentli

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry, been busy with other stuff. Anyways...
well, in all fairness, you kinda allyed yourself with all of the "power players"
Not kinda, did. He flipflopped a ton when power players were involved and bandwagoned with Frozen on a very minor thing, which by itself is somewhat suspiscious, but that combined with the fact that he was the strongest proponent of Eor's plan after it had escalated into role revealing. He was the one that kept the ante up as well, which would majorly help the mafia if people revealed, or at least give them a chance to "prove" they were town... so yeah, SFOS on Blazer.
Personally, I am still suspicious of agentli.
During the great "role reveal of Day 1" all who showed their role posted outlandishly fake roles.
Except agentli. He posted he was the town masons. I don't think he was fooled by that exchange, he just wanted a chance to prove he was town.
Then after the first night he's one of the first to post "bad night guys, bad night..."
I don't buy it.
FOS agentli
Wow Pythag, thats pretty impressive for a new player to catch all that. Bravo. But yeah, theres an easy way to solve whether or not he was telling the truth with that role. Whoever is his partner come out and reveal as well. If none comes out, we know he lied. If someone comes out and says they are his partner, we'll know he was telling the truth. So yeah, whoever is Agents mason partner, come on out, or we know to lynch him.

Oh yeah and Eor, after thinking about it for a while, the Twist thing really wasn't your fault and you really didn't escalate it, so yeah, Im willing to forgive you. Just please dont do it again...

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, the only problem with your agentli plan is that if his partner does come out, what's to say their both not mafia?

smashman90

Smash Lord
Pythag, the masons are always town(I think).

There's still one thing that still puzzles me. Why was frozen killed and who killed him? The only reasons that I could come up with are:

a) They knew he was an expierienced player and the mafia decided to get rid of him.

b) He was close to finding a mafia member and got him whacked before he could find out who it was.

c) They were mainly n00bs and decided kill him for some random reason.

d) Decided to lynch him since it is a bit of a tradition to lynch him on night 1.

I am not gonna post who I think might've had Frozen killed yet because chances are that I am just looking into things too much. But I will post it if anybody wants to know.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I agree with Ronike, as previously stated I am suspicious of Agentli, but if someone who I trust with some resolve reveals as his partener, then I am my opinion would most likely change. Also, with two supposed pro-town partners we have significantly more facts to compare. However, if nobody reveals as his partner within an RL day or two I say that such a lie is suspicious enough to warrant a lynch

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I want to know

You guys are all forgetting the fact that Agentli could have just lied about his role, yet still be town. I don't think demanding that someone else roleclaims is a good way to decide it.

Agentli, however, is definitely suspicious. Ronike was right, Pythag, that was a pretty impressive haul.

Vote: agentli

at least until his response

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actually, Camo, that's not true. Remember Nana/Popo from SSMB mafia? One town, one mafia.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Also, with two supposed pro-town partners we have significantly more facts to compare. However, if nobody reveals as his partner within an RL day or two I say that such a lie is suspicious enough to warrant a lynch
Spam master, I think you are being too hasty. First off, we are not 100% forsure if agentli really is one of the masons or even a townie(although I think that he might be one of the masons). Secondly, who are you gonna want to lynch if nobody reveals that they are the second mason? Because if Agentli really is a townie, then the townies are gonna lose two more members (a lynch and a nightkill). And chances are that the masons are townies. Besides, do you know any South Park characters that could be considered masons and mafia members? The only characters that I could think of being the masons are Terrence and Phillip (who would most likely be town) and there's Jimbo and Ned (chances are that they would be townies too). Also, all that you would be doing is revealing who the masons are to the mafia and that's practically putting a bullseye on those two. Are you wanting the masons to be nightkilled? Part of the game is to hide your identity until you are put in predicament (i.e about to get lynched) that forces you to reveal your role in order to stay in the game. So now that makes me especially suspicious of you.

Vote: Spam_master

P.S. I'll post my theory later, I want to check for things that I might have missed.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow. uh, thanks!
I definately want to hear agentli defend himself though. If he has something that can refute what's been stated, than I'm all ears. Until then, I will withold my vote

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
A mason is someone allied with someone else, and allowed to talk to that person in secret (PMs, Aim).

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
in the mafia game, the masons are two characters (usually pro town) who are able to communicate outside of the game. They can discuss what's going on, and who they want to vote for...whatever. At least that's how I understand it.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
I want to know

You guys are all forgetting the fact that Agentli could have just lied about his role, yet still be town. I don't think demanding that someone else roleclaims is a good way to decide it.

Agentli, however, is definitely suspicious. Ronike was right, Pythag, that was a pretty impressive haul.

Vote: agentli

at least until his response
Yeah uhhhh, people I kinda just made up a role. No one actually posted any real roles, so i just went along with it and posted something believable. If I would have lied about my role, I'm not going to post a role that requires someone else to also come out with me. Also, I didn't want Dr. Twist to be suspicious. Remember how we were trying to get him to reveal his alignment to us earlier?

Seriously, people...you know me better than that :lick:

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Seriously, smashman that's one of the most incomprehensible paragraphs I've read in a while. I'll try and explain to you what I could understand. First of all, if someone comes out as his mason partner then we have the advantage of comparing the two characters simultaneous actions, and stances they have taken in regards to other players, particularly Dr. Twist to see if they are infact two pro-town masons, or two pro-mafia players pretending to be masons. Second, the two players who reveal as masons, whether they be real masons or not, are not in significantly more danger than they where before. Kepp in mind that the mafia know who theri enemies are, and focus on nightkilling power-roles like cop and doctor and independent roles that could harm them, a mason pair is not a particularly powerful role, and thusly would probably take them off the mafias hit list until they took down at least the cop and the doctor.

Also, Smashman I've had suspicions about you for a while now and while they aren't particularly great, if it turns out that agentli is lying an he is mafia (an event i think is unlikely) than your opposition against a plan of discovering his alignment would force me to question your alignment as well.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
So in KH2 mafia, Goofy and Donald were masons. Got it.
Yeah uhhhh, people I kinda just made up a role. No one actually posted any real roles, so i just went along with it and posted something believable. If I would have lied about my role, I'm not going to post a role that requires someone else to also come out with me. Also, I didn't want Dr. Twist to be suspicious. Remember how we were trying to get him to reveal his alignment to us earlier?

Seriously, people...you know me better than that :lick:
Seriously agentli... you know better than this. This argument is weak in every way.

'If I would have lied about my role, I'm not going to post a role that requires someone else to also come out with me.' Well guess what, you did post a mason role but you didn't say who the one was you could talk with. So obviously, you can say it! Hooray! I think you made up this mason role to ensure that we would believe you and that we would not ask who the other was you could talk with because you wouldn't want to 'betray' anyone. And in the meantime, you use your night role to kill Frozen. Is that correct?
Lol and you didn't want Twist to be suspicious. Then why did you start that joke in the first place? If it really was a joke like you said, then why did you tag along with the others?

Vote: Agentli

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I think you messed up that post because it's full of self contradicting statements, like if I had lied about my role i wouldn't have said one that requires others to come out with me. But, you did lie about your role.

So either you did lie or you didn't, which is it. There was no hint of sarcasm in your post as there were in the others, which leads me to believe that either were trying to convince us that you fell for the ploy and convince us your town, or you DID fall for the ploy and are a town mason

agentli

Smash Apprentice
So in KH2 mafia, Goofy and Donald were masons. Got it.

Seriously agentli... you know better than this. This argument is weak in every way.

'If I would have lied about my role, I'm not going to post a role that requires someone else to also come out with me.' Well guess what, you did post a mason role but you didn't say who the one was you could talk with. So obviously, you can say it! Hooray! I think you made up this mason role to ensure that we would believe you and that we would not ask who the other was you could talk with because you wouldn't want to 'betray' anyone. And in the meantime, you use your night role to kill Frozen. Is that correct?
Lol and you didn't want Twist to be suspicious. Then why did you start that joke in the first place? If it really was a joke like you said, then why did you tag along with the others?

Vote: Agentli

Kuji...>_< I DID make up my role so people won't know my real role.

agentli

Smash Apprentice
I didn't post a real role, but I made it believable so that Dr. Twist wouldn't be suspicious and he would go along with the joke and actually tell us who he was. I'm not going to actually post my role when it's going along with Eor's joke. I didn't think anyone actually would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom