• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Waker Link's moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Sorry but this made me lol.
Psh. You best be sorry! My moveset is gonna Roxors Soxors and you'll be like "Wow, I didn't see it like that. Now that is a moveset that is worthy of Brawl!"

Then everybody will be like "Yea, Kabyk Rocks! He's our Hero!"

And Sakurai will be like "That guy deserves all the credit for WW Link being in Brawl. He sure is a genius."

Yea........................:chuckle:

100links

Smash Ace
Psh. You best be sorry! My moveset is gonna Roxors Soxors and you'll be like "Wow, I didn't see it like that. Now that is a moveset that is worthy of Brawl!"

Then everybody will be like "Yea, Kabyk Rocks! He's our Hero!"

And Sakurai will be like "That guy deserves all the credit for WW Link being in Brawl. He sure is a genius."

Yea........................:chuckle:

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You know what's coming.....

Here We Go!

NEW YOUNG LINK [a.k.a. Wind Waker Link, Cel-shaded Link "Celda"]

At your Pleasure!
THE MOVESET:

A: Diagonal up-slice. Bottom-right to Up-left. 1-3%
AA: Continuation. Banks around and slashes from Up-left to Bottom-right. 1-3%
AAA: Similar to Falcon's Gentleman [Knee]. Instead, low knockback, high stun. This is an uppercut shield bash. 7-8%
A-Repeat: Same as Melee. 1% follow-up.
Dash-A: Link's from Smash64. 7-9%

F-Tilt: Skull Hammer Poke. Stabbed with the blunt top of the Skull Hammer. 5-7%
D-Tilt: Fire Rod. Quick spurt of flame from the Fire Rod. Minor burn effect. 6-12%
U-Tilt: Same as Melee.

F-Smash: Skull Hammer Strike. Similar in stat's [after-lag, start-lag] of Roy. Shortened reach to where Roy's sweetspot is. Sweetspot on brunt of hammer. Range: Short/Medium; Priority: Good 11-21% Max: 24%

D-Smash: Sword Sweep. Relative to Zelda's [relation to spin motion]. Young Link crouches and holds his sword out and down. Corkscrew into a spin. Charge up position is up-right, as opposed to the crouched in Melee. 8-14% Max: 20%
U-Smash: Double Swipe. Speed is between Link's U-smash and Zelda's U-tilt. Good knockback is on second hit. If first fully connects, it essentially keeps opponent there to be hit by second. 7-15% Max: 20%

N-air: Hero Kick. Same as Melee.
F-air: Mole Mitts. Similar to Yoshi's D-air feet shuffle. Less hits, bit more knockback.
*5 Hits: 4% each hit. This adds up to total of 20%. Knockback is impossibly low on first hit, but increases every hit. Hitting with the 4th and 5th strikes are difficult to land. Strikes are quick. Probably duration of Mewtwo's N-air.

D-air: Sword Plant! This has the fire, always. Less knockback than normal sword plant, but still decent. 13-15%, follow-up: 1-3%
U-air: Bomb. [WTF?] That's right, the bomb. Young Link whips it out from "The Zone" and holds it up. The bomb lasts for about as long as the Sword Plant. It explodes upon impact. Good knockback, great priority. Downside? Yes, if Young Link fails to hit, the bomb explodes in his face. No recoil or bodily effect, only 1-2% damage to self. 9-15%

B-air: Shield Swipe. Leans back into a spin. Young Link extends arm and holds shield in a horizontal position, as to slice opponent with the top edge. Range: Short; Priority: Decent; Damage: 7-8%

Neutral B: Bow. [Originality? Yes!] Cycles through the elements: Fire>Ice>Light. Rinse&Repeat. No trajectory or aerial changes, just landing/impact.
*Fire: Melee. 5-11%

*Ice: Similar to Ice-Climber Freezie: Small recoil, chance to freeze at high percentage. 3-9%

*Light: Creates explosion upon impact/landing. Diameter about size of Adult Link's horizontal bomb. 4-10%

Forward-B [Side]: Four Sword Strike. Transparent copy of Young Link [light shade of color] rushes out of Young Link and charges to attack. Makes one slash and disappears. Speed of Falcon Kick with homing capacity of Samus' Red B-tilt missile. Channeling til about half the distance is covered. 13-28%

Down-B: Gust Jar. Yanks it out of "The Zone" and points up. Same effect as Kirby's Suck. Jar turns downward after absorption. Shoots down with a [I want to say meteor] effect. Lifts Young Link slightly off ground. Range: Short; Priority: Great. 10-15%

Up-B [Recovery]: Ballad of Gales. Similar to Fire Fox/Firebird. Charge up for Fox/Falco where they don't move is instead a slow falling with nothing as cover. Young Link is playing the Wind Waker during this time. Then a twister with a few leaves and some water in it, wraps Young Link. However, Young Link cannot move in the 360 degree circle granted to Fox/Falco. He can move in a 180 degree's north of him, such as the semi-circle:

*Caught in the beginning: 9-16% and decent knockback.
*Caught towards the end: 6-12% and high knockback.
*Young Link can move in the direction the semi-cicle is on. Basically, a straight line and up.

Starts like this...

Turns into this!

Colors: Default Green, Four Sword colors [Red, Purple, Blue], Black with grey sleeves, Orange with light sleeves, Yellow with light sleeves.

Taunt: Young Link points sword in the air [like Luke Skywalker!] Clone steps out. Different color than your Young Link. He's wearing Minish Cap and starts playing the Wind Waker. A Deku Leaf whips around and completely covers him. When it passes, the clone is gone. Essentially the length of Melee Young Link's taunt. [Longest taunt. He needs to retain that title.]

Courtesy of our friendly neighbor Celda games!

Phew! I REALLY want to start a new thread, but I know the Mods would be all over me! :urg:
Yours Truly,
-Kabyk-GreenMyst

100links

Smash Ace

Here We Go!

NEW YOUNG LINK [a.k.a. Wind Waker Link, Cel-shaded Link "Celda"]

At your Pleasure!
THE MOVESET:

A: Diagonal up-slice. Bottom-right to Up-left. 1-3%
AA: Continuation. Banks around and slashes from Up-left to Bottom-right. 1-3%
AAA: Similar to Falcon's Gentleman [Knee]. Instead, low knockback, high stun. This is an uppercut shield bash. 7-8%
A-Repeat: Same as Melee. 1% follow-up.
Dash-A: Link's from Smash64. 7-9%

F-Tilt: Skull Hammer Poke. Stabbed with the blunt top of the Skull Hammer. 5-7%
D-Tilt: Fire Rod. Quick spurt of flame from the Fire Rod. Minor burn effect. 6-12%
U-Tilt: Same as Melee.

F-Smash: Skull Hammer Strike. Similar in stat's [after-lag, start-lag] of Roy. Shortened reach to where Roy's sweetspot is. Sweetspot on brunt of hammer. Range: Short/Medium; Priority: Good 11-21% Max: 24%

D-Smash: Sword Sweep. Relative to Zelda's [relation to spin motion]. Young Link crouches and holds his sword out and down. Corkscrew into a spin. Charge up position is up-right, as opposed to the crouched in Melee. 8-14% Max: 20%
U-Smash: Double Swipe. Speed is between Link's U-smash and Zelda's U-tilt. Good knockback is on second hit. If first fully connects, it essentially keeps opponent there to be hit by second. 7-15% Max: 20%

N-air: Hero Kick. Same as Melee.
F-air: Mole Mitts. Similar to Yoshi's D-air feet shuffle. Less hits, bit more knockback.
*5 Hits: 4% each hit. This adds up to total of 20%. Knockback is impossibly low on first hit, but increases every hit. Hitting with the 4th and 5th strikes are difficult to land. Strikes are quick. Probably duration of Mewtwo's N-air.

D-air: Sword Plant! This has the fire, always. Less knockback than normal sword plant, but still decent. 13-15%, follow-up: 1-3%
U-air: Bomb. [WTF?] That's right, the bomb. Young Link whips it out from "The Zone" and holds it up. The bomb lasts for about as long as the Sword Plant. It explodes upon impact. Good knockback, great priority. Downside? Yes, if Young Link fails to hit, the bomb explodes in his face. No recoil or bodily effect, only 1-2% damage to self. 9-15%

B-air: Shield Swipe. Leans back into a spin. Young Link extends arm and holds shield in a horizontal position, as to slice opponent with the top edge. Range: Short; Priority: Decent; Damage: 7-8%

Neutral B: Bow. [Originality? Yes!] Cycles through the elements: Fire>Ice>Light. Rinse&Repeat. No trajectory or aerial changes, just landing/impact.
*Fire: Melee. 5-11%

*Ice: Similar to Ice-Climber Freezie: Small recoil, chance to freeze at high percentage. 3-9%

*Light: Creates explosion upon impact/landing. Diameter about size of Adult Link's horizontal bomb. 4-10%

Forward-B [Side]: Four Sword Strike. Transparent copy of Young Link [light shade of color] rushes out of Young Link and charges to attack. Makes one slash and disappears. Speed of Falcon Kick with homing capacity of Samus' Red B-tilt missile. Channeling til about half the distance is covered. 13-28%

Down-B: Gust Jar. Yanks it out of "The Zone" and points up. Same effect as Kirby's Suck. Jar turns downward after absorption. Shoots down with a [I want to say meteor] effect. Lifts Young Link slightly off ground. Range: Short; Priority: Great. 10-15%

Up-B [Recovery]: Ballad of Gales. Similar to Fire Fox/Firebird. Charge up for Fox/Falco where they don't move is instead a slow falling with nothing as cover. Young Link is playing the Wind Waker during this time. Then a twister with a few leaves and some water in it, wraps Young Link. However, Young Link cannot move in the 360 degree circle granted to Fox/Falco. He can move in a 180 degree's north of him, such as the semi-circle:

*Caught in the beginning: 9-16% and decent knockback.
*Caught towards the end: 6-12% and high knockback.
*Young Link can move in the direction the semi-cicle is on. Basically, a straight line and up.

Starts like this...

Turns into this!

Colors: Default Green, Four Sword colors [Red, Purple, Blue], Black with grey sleeves, Orange with light sleeves, Yellow with light sleeves.

Taunt: Young Link points sword in the air [like Luke Skywalker!] Clone steps out. Different color than your Young Link. He's wearing Minish Cap and starts playing the Wind Waker. A Deku Leaf whips around and completely covers him. When it passes, the clone is gone. Essentially the length of Melee Young Link's taunt. [Longest taunt. He needs to retain that title.]

Courtesy of our friendly neighbor Celda games!

Phew! I REALLY want to start a new thread, but I know the Mods would be all over me! :urg:
Yours Truly,
-Kabyk-GreenMyst
hoooolyyyycraaaaap O_____O hmm after that i might consider WWlink MIGHT consider....

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
You're trying to cram a lot into there, Greenmyst, and remember that Regular link uses Light arrows in brawl already. It would be pretty weird to see THoW's weapon change with every other A attack. I think those should stay sword moves. I also don't see the real application of your <>B. It seems to me to be an overly complicated way to deal damage.

As for the ^B, I would keep it Deku Leaf, since that item has become something of an emblem for Windwaker (moreso than the Windwaker itself). And I thought Ballad of Gales would make a reat Super Smash. Also, I am envisioning Gust Jar pretty close to the barrel cannon item, except it's a move. So A for effort, but C on being selective.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
1) Umm...I don't see Light arrows for Link in Brawl. We're OBVIOUSLY watching different trailers for Super Smash Bros Brawl. >.<

2) < > B "is just a way to deal damage." Isn't that kinda the point of most moves? It just sounds complicated, it's more or less a projectile with a skin change, not too complicated.

3) When do his A moves complicate? They're not really that different, just a few moves are a little more 'unorthodox' but that's it.

4) The Wind Waker started off this new Young Link. It is basically the game to give all the credit to for this particular Young Link. It needs it's representation.
*4b) The Deku Leaf would not be battle effective. Young Link is needs to be a damage ***** through and through. Nnor is it that good with recovery. It works fine with Peach since she has the innate floating ability.

5) The Deku Leaf could easily be his super move too. As those are somewhat signature moves as well. Rather, really good represetations of the character as a whole. Link's Triforce attack, Mario's super palm, Kirby's chef.

BTW: I dedicate the above moveset to the great Young Link supporter, Eaode. :chuckle:

GenG

Smash Lord
I was thinking in what if the Roc's cape appeared on WW Link's back when double jumping. It would be a cool addition.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
1) Umm...I don't see Light arrows for Link in Brawl. We're OBVIOUSLY watching different trailers for Super Smash Bros Brawl. >.<
Just because they're not the pointy bombs of unbalanced awesomeness you suggested doesn't mean they're not there. From SSB onward, according to the manuals, Link's bow move has been Silver Arrow. Silver arrow is oldschool speak for light arrow. By the way, when did Light arrows ever explode?

2) < > B "is just a way to deal damage." Isn't that kinda the point of most moves? It just sounds complicated, it's more or less a projectile with a skin change, not too complicated.
Would that were so. A moves deal damage and knockback, but most B moves have something special to them. That's what makes them B moves. Whether they're projectiles, or super jumps, or moves with bizarre trajectory, they always have some kind of bonus. It's pretty much a heavy handed way to shove a four swords reference as a move that isn't that effective and won't add to gameplay. And if any move reflects four swords, I would expect it to be something involving cooperation. BUt that would make THoW ICe climbers without the gimping if you lose a partner and with more lagginess, so I think it's a bad idea.

3) When do his A moves complicate? They're not really that different, just a few moves are a little more 'unorthodox' but that's it.
If you had to design a character, what would you rather do? Animate various ways to slash a sword, or Animate ways to pull out dozens of weaponsout of nowhere just for some graphical flair so a fanboy can get his fix of nifty weapons.

4) The Wind Waker started off this new Young Link. It is basically the game to give all the credit to for this particular Young Link. It needs it's representation.
Oh! You mean the item! That took me a while. You could say that it was the central gimmick in Windwaker. That would mak it easier to understand. Anyway, The OCarina of Time started off Adult Link, but it had no representation, as playing music doesn't do that much in the middle of a battle. A bard Link is not. Also, I suggested Wind's Requiem as a B move where if you use it and don't pick a direction, it will cause a wind to blow in a andom direction, but you can time tilting the control stick to pick a direction. Or not. NOt sure how unbalanced that is.

*4b) The Deku Leaf would not be battle effective. Young Link is needs to be a damage ***** through and through. Nnor is it that good with recovery. It works fine with Peach since she has the innate floating ability.
Uhm, what!? Not every recovery move needs to do damage. MEwtwo's doesn't. NOt only that, but the Deku Leaf shoots Wind out directionally. It's basically Kirby's Final cutter, but you can float with it if you use it midair. Also, You need to note that I suggested Link LEaping fairly high before using the Deku Leaf

5) The Deku Leaf could easily be his super move too. As those are somewhat signature moves as well. Rather, really good represetations of the character as a whole. Link's Triforce attack, Mario's super palm, Kirby's chef.
Well, actually not. Link never had such a move, ever. MArio's pyrokinetic abilities are only played up in Smash Bros. Games, and Cook is one of dozens of Kirby moves. Ballad of Gales is the only really epic move THoW has, or do you not remember how bad*ss those cyclones looked when you were shooting down Cyclos?

Well, if you had read my proposed moveset, which actually resurrected this thread from the dank ignomony of six-to-eight pages back, you would have read all of these rebuttals before you made your initial argument.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Boy, you really are critical. And pessimistic I might add. You also really like making big deals out of thing. Mountains out of Mole Hills.

1) moves need to be animated no matter what. There's no getting around that. I really don't see too much difference in actual programming besides one extra arm movement or so from Young Link. It's NOT gonig to stress out the animator to a degree FAR more than any other animation. You're exaggerating.

2) Umm..last time I checked, basic arrows were..well....basic arrrows. Because from around OoT, the "pointy bombs of unbalanced awesomeness" ARE Light Arrows. So I'm not sure how the basic ones are those.....And the pointy bombs do explode, which is obviously the point of you calling them "bombs". Contradict yourself there.

3)
That's what makes them B moves. Whether they're projectiles, or super jumps, or moves with bizarre trajectory, they always have some kind of bonus.
Yea, I'll go with the one in bold thank you.

4) No, I actually meant the game "The Wind Waker" started off the new Young Link. Since that's actually what it did......not sure how you can confuse that with the item........

5) Do I have to explain everything? "Representation" I mean in a nutshell. Link capturing someone in a Triforce and slashing them sums him up pretty well. The same goes for everyone else. So could be said about the Deku Leaf.

6) I did read yours also. I didn't like it, so I made mine. That's pretty much the point. And I revived this thread too. It had fallen back a couple pages as well.

7) Fine, every move doesn't have to do damage. However, since Young Link would not be the fastest character, or the fastest faller, the faster his recovery the better. He would be a sitting duck. Peach has a lot going for her to defend her slowness in recovery. And Mewtwo's doesn't need to do damage, it makes up for it in speed, which the Deku Leaf would not do.

Lastly, I was really just waiting for Eaode so I can prove something to him. But he's not showing up. Guess he's just speechless. :cool:

EDIT: How do I make a link to a specific post? You know, so that only that post of the thread is in the new window?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
OK. It's become clear to me that I do not have many followers for Young Link support.
It is my firm belief that there are those who would support him, but they are afraid of being persecuted against. So, I have made a decision.

Those who do not want to speak but want to support Young Link now can!
Here are 3. I might make some more:

Glory to Celda! :chuckle: :chuckle: :cool:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Sorry, but Geno dominates my sig. I just got in after a pretty long absence. I have argued against WW Link and I have become neutral. Are there any other points to make about WW Link that I should know of since I am not very knowledgeable (sp?) on the LoZ series? In other words, what is the story behind WW Link?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Set hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker finds the hero Link in a sea scattered with several islands, which necessitates frequent sailing and naval combat. Link lives with his grandmother and younger sister Aryll on Outset Island, one of the few inhabited islands in the Great Sea. The people of the Great Sea pass down a legend of a prosperous kingdom with a hidden golden power. An evil man found and stole this power, using it to spread darkness until a young boy dressed in green sealed the evil with the Blade of Evil's Bane. The boy became known as the Hero of Time and passed into legend. One day the sealed evil began to return, but the Hero of Time did not reappear. The inhabitants of the Great Sea are unsure of the kingdom's fate, but it is clear that this legend is the story of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

When children of Outset Island come of age they are customarily dressed in green, like the Hero of Time. The elders hope to instill the courage of the Hero of Time. It is Link's birthday as The Wind Waker opens, and he receives the familiar green clothes and cap. Aryll's present to Link is permission to use her telescope. As he looks through the telescope, he sees a large bird, the Helmaroc King, carrying a girl to a nearby forest. After retrieving a sword, Link sets out to investigate. Link rescues the girl, only to have Aryll kidnapped by the Helmaroc King as he returns.
This is the start, basically. Courtesy of Wikipedia.com

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Interesting. By the way, a random thought just flew into my mind that has nothing to do with WW Link at all. In Yoshi's Island, Baby Mario can transform into Super Mario with a cape, ability to run on walls and ceilings, float, and is invincible, how come Mario doesn't have a super form? Now that I got that random thought out in the open, I am unaware of Link's abilities aside from those already mentioned, anybody want to enlighten me? Or am I asking too much now?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
He's pretty much all weapons. He does have the Triforce of Courage after all. Ganondorf is the opposite. He has the Triforce of Power. so most of his strength is innate and comes from within. Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom, there's not TOO much use to it besides being a Ganon-magnet.

If you notice in my movelist, he only has one move that's not a weapon: the Neutral Kick. Other than that he uses the hammer, mole mitts, shield, bombs, etc... it's in my sig if you want to check it out. O.o
[that goes for you too eaode, lol ]

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord

GenG

Smash Lord

Aonuma likes toon Link a lot, more than adult Link. He will keep making toon Link games so I think we have the first Link's established design.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Aonuma likes toon Link a lot, more than adult Link. He will keep making toon Link games so I think we have the first Link's established design.
O ya my type of thread for my most desired SSBB character= been looking for this thread forever. I have an idea for the moveset you made. How about we keep the current YLink Bup (Spin attack, it was original and useful after all), make the Deku Leaf move the neutral B attack, and change the Skull Hammer into the Adown smash?

Also after pressing B, you can use the control stick to control which direction WW Link can go, or press the B to stop using the Deku Leaf. Other than that, the Deku Leaf should stay the same, and good moveset!

^^^^ That is what I'm talking about!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Way to go!
Young Link is the awesome. Right next to Luigi.
I have NO idea why everybody keeps talking about Young Link as a "crappy Link clone". They are COMPLETELY different. Link is a swordfighter with a few projectiles. Young Link is a bomber-jet. With a sword. I LOVE the way he plays, he just has so many tricks. And Wind Waker Link is just the the next logical step.

Now, I disagree with most of those moves that were suggested.
The reasoning behind the Links' special moves is that they have a lot of tricks. With them, you can have up to three types of projectiles flying around your opponents' heads! The bombs are versatile as hell, the boomerang can be a surprising hit from behind or a combo starter or just something to randomly fly around, the arrows are fast and useful or slow but powerful... and Young Link, unlike the older one, has the speed to make actual use of these.
Young Link's current moveset, in my humble opinion, is close to perfect. Old Link is one of the most balanced characters in the game, I think, Young Link is just a bit weaker and should gain some strengths, but... yeah. If any of his moves went missing, it would feel... incomplete.
Of course, Wind Waker Link is a unique character, so he should be somewhat different... the Deku Leaf makes sense for recovery, maybe it could be used like a mix between the Green Missile and Peach's Parasol... a horizontal floating move that won't let him gain height, but doesn't cause him to become helpless. On the ground, it could be a slow attack with lots of range that does no damage but gains great knockback at higher percents. Or as an edgeguarding tool that knocks the opponent back without any actual "hit", like the Cape...

But my favourite option would be that, if he DOES have to be changed, Young Link retains all his special moves ( making the up-b more useful, though ) and has his normal sword-attacks changed instead.
I've always wondered why the forward-smash wasn't the jump-attack performed by pressing A, the three-part up-smash doesn't make much sense, either... you know. I have no idea.

Caael

Smash Lord
Meh, some moves should be mixed with Minish Cap link too. Like replace the B with Gust Jar. And Up B with Rocs cape. Boomerang with Cane Of Pacci

Gust Jar: Hold B to draw air in, and let go to send a blast out. Does minimal damage, but has massive knockback

Roc's Cape: Leap up, and slowly Glide down

Cane of Pacci: Shoots a medium speed magic blast that if it hits somebody, launches them high into the air ( cant recover) and plummeting down. Does no damge on impact, but hitting the floor will cause damage, and attacking them in mid air.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol, I love how after I made my post I realized noone has come to this thread since september of 06, lol. That felt sorta wierd, knowing I was the first one to post on this thread in almost 7 months, lol.

I hope WW Link stays mainly with his WW and Phantom Hourglass moveset mainly, maybe with a few FS, FSA, and MC moves on the side. I think I might make a moveset for WW Link, once I stop being lazy that is, lol!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Yes, but as which attack. WW Link's super attack maybe, or some other attack=? Maybe like some charge and hold Bup deal. Idk, just speaking the possiblities of how it would work.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I didn't post in this thread already... (at least I don't think I did.)

I've wanted multiple characters pretty badly over the past year or more, including Megaman X, Chibi-Robo, and Earthworm Jim, but WW Link has somehow slowly weaseled his way into my heart as my definite most anticipated character... Well, maybe that just comes from the fact that he has a pretty good chance, so I'll be more disappointed if HE doesn't make it as opposed to someone like EWJ, whom nobody cares about.

Anyway, his (WW Link/Cel Link) style would just be a sweet little bit of diversity in the game. Sure there are many different looking characters, but most (besides maybe G&W) have similarly textured 3D models. WW Link would just stand out, and I love it! Ha, well anyway... here's hoping that Zelda: PH helps push him into the game.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I in fact anticipate WW Link to appear in the upcoming news update.. *grins*
Which will also shed some light on what he'll be called in-game. >_>

His Hurricane Spin could indeed be an update to the normal spin attack... an attempt at making it original *without* making it suck badly. It could function as a somewhat weak, fast move to both sides, or be charged up for a stronger attack than Link's Spin Attack... kinda like Pichu's Skull Bash. =P
Also, higher recovery! \o/

WW Link for top tier!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*BUMP* for extreme justice!!!

Man, I hope there at or before E3 Nintendo releases a Brawl trailer, and if WW Link is in it, I'll be super excited (I'll WD around the world faster than the speed of light). WW Link for god tier! All the cool kids are gonnd use him, and considering how likely he is, the hype may very well be worth it!

He should be a mix of Pichu (the jumping=sorta), Link (duh), and Mario (in terms of spin attack), plus his own awsome twist on things. Seriously, WW Link for god tier, we all know he will be god tier!!! :) ;) :cool:

Fawriel

Smash Master
WW Link will be revealed in the next trailer.
I know that because I'm holding Sakurai's family hostage.

And he should play like what Melee Young Link failed to be: a swift, annoying bugger who keeps running and jumping and throwing projectiles all over the place, then suddenly moves in and gets kickin' with the sword and nair.
In other words, give him nicer sword moves and make the projectiles more awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom