• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS's 50/60% Combo In The Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
This is what I did after the invitational at the Nintendo area: Down B pitfall > Charged D-Smash, uncharged D-Smash, D-Tilt/Dash Attack, Up-Tilt (Something) > Aerial > Juggle/Edgeguard. It's awesome! A good way to set up the down B hit is to trick them into chasing you into the air.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does this only work at or near 0%, or is it usable at higher damages?

YaBoyEli

Smash Rookie
NNID
YaboyEli
This is what I did after the invitational at the Nintendo area: Down B pitfall > Charged D-Smash, uncharged D-Smash, D-Tilt/Dash Attack, Up-Tilt (Something) > Aerial > Juggle/Edgeguard. It's awesome! A good way to set up the down B hit is to trick them into chasing you into the air.
Does ZSS have a lot of set up combos like this cause in brawl one of her basic kill combo was D-Smash to Bair but it looks like that doesn't work anymore.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
im so excited to play as her, she's in my top 5 definitely.
in love with her forward smash
:4zss:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious, what are your findings about her combo potential to rack up percentages other than the one you mentioned? And her kill potential? It seems there is very little footage of Zamus' actual gameplay. One of the only vids I could find was yours against hungrybox but, the recording was pretty bad (it was almost as if you were invisible half of the time) and the items make it hard to tell what the chars really are like. (not a big fan of those). And what about move differences? Is it just her up B being different or is there more?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
And what about move differences? Is it just her up B being different or is there more?
She has a Z-air and her dash attack is different (she now uses her knee). I believe everything else is the same, although I'm not sure about her down-B, which looked a little different to how it did in Brawl. :p

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
She has a Z-air and her dash attack is different (she now uses her knee). I believe everything else is the same, although I'm not sure about her down-B, which looked a little different to how it did in Brawl. :p
I see. But do they really do something else? different percentages/knockback etc? or are they just visual upgrades.

I really like Zamus, and even though it's awesome her upB is now better for recovery, but at the same time I loved her old one offense-wise. Without it I'm afraid a lot of her combo potential is gone.

edit: I just now realised what ZeRo meant by the pitfall thing (clearly wasn't paying much attention). That is an interesting addition, although I suppose it's hard to pull it off, especially if people know about it&expect it.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I see. But do they really do something else? different percentages/knockback etc? or are they just visual upgrades.

I really like Zamus, and even though it's awesome her upB is now better for recovery, but at the same time I loved her old one offense-wise. Without it I'm afraid a lot of her combo potential is gone.

edit: I just now realised what ZeRo meant by the pitfall thing (clearly wasn't paying much attention). That is an interesting addition, although I suppose it's hard to pull it off, especially if people know about it&expect it.
Her dash attack looks to be shorter range than her old one. I'm not sure about knockback, but the hitbox is probably different. :)
Her Z-air is new so I'm not too sure what to say about that. :p

Her new up-B actually looks like it fits into her combos as a finisher. Losing the spike from the tip of her up-B is a bit of a shame, but I think her new up-B will prove to be more useful in the long run. :)

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Her dash attack looks to be shorter range than her old one. I'm not sure about knockback, but the hitbox is probably different. :)
Her Z-air is new so I'm not too sure what to say about that. :p

Her new up-B actually looks like it fits into her combos as a finisher. Losing the spike from the tip of her up-B is a bit of a shame, but I think her new up-B will prove to be more useful in the long run. :)
Well, recovery-wise definitely. That's 10 times better. Well, I guess we'll have to see how she turns out. I'm sure to check her first day.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "Down B pitfall"?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Opponents that she lands on while in her down-B animation get stuck in the ground temporarily. :p
Ah, thanks! I don't really get why Zamus has this though. Pitfall doesn't really sound like her style. Cool none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom