• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS vs fox

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Might as well put him at Huge Disadvantage because he's not going to be able to stay away from getting D-smashed forever. And he's pretty much a pushover otherwise; easy combo's on fast fallers.

EDIT: His shine delay is a pain in the *** though.

§witch

Smash Lord
Yup, we already have him down as a major disadvantage. The main thing vs ZSS is the ease of gimping her, shine spikes are very effective due to her tether.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
Yea shine spikes are something too watch out for.

I faced a really beastly fox once...i think my main saving grace was Zamus Utilt...the fox player liked to approach mainly with a Dair or some other aerial...i'd mainly use my Utilt right after my sheild...pops him up nicely for combos

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You really have no way of hitting him if he's perfect... But nobody is.

His dair to uptilt / upsmash combo is deadly, especially considering that the usmash kills you at something like 80-90%. What you have to do is bait him into dsmashes and laggy attacks. Platforms help; if you go against a good Fox on FD, it's going to be a tough match.

§witch

Smash Lord
@ Thio really? I love BF with fox, his fair bair and uair are amazing there.
@JtG that would be a horrible attempt at shine spiking you. A good fox would not do that. At least he could have tried and edgehog then <_<

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
what if Fox approachs with Nair, do you still Utilt out of shield for that too? also what about when trying to edgeguard him? if Fox starts shooting his blaster what do you do about it?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
what if Fox approachs with Nair, do you still Utilt out of shield for that too? also what about when trying to edgeguard him? if Fox starts shooting his blaster what do you do about it?
Pretty much if most of the cast hits you with an aerial you're in your shield and lands close enough, you can utilt out of shield. If they land in front of you, you can jab, too.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ALKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID!

If Fox shoots is blaster run up and hit him with le whip. He has quite a bit of ending lag on it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Fox is fast, and his dair combos are pretty solid. Other than that... uh... he's fast? I mean... I can hit him with one d-smash and I win. The rest really doesn't bother me.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yup, we already have him down as a major disadvantage. The main thing vs ZSS is the ease of gimping her, shine spikes are very effective due to her tether.
Good luck with hitting ZSS with a shine off the stage :laugh:....she might even be able to instantly Down B footstool Fox after getting shined but I'm not sure.

Fox IS a problem if you set aside our instant KO on him. It's hard for ZSS to space against him with his speed.
Btw, what Ph00tbag said about up-tilt out of shield is right on the money.

Top Bottom