• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS vs Diddy Kong MU - Lets break it down

TwizzyBomb

Smash Rookie
So I just played a pretty good Diddy on for glory (hardly any lag) so I was finally able to collect some tidbits of useful info I'd like to share.

• Keep pressure on him! The first and most important thing I noticed was that without a banana, we have a spacing advantage. You want to be about directly under where his peanut's highest point would be if he fired one. From here we can outspace Diddy with our grab! (Note: this diddy had the "wait and punish" style, so this might not work as well against aggressive diddys.) Basically if were outside his tilt and f-smash range, he's forced to guess an option. From this spot we have the advantage and can make reads or just throw out a grab.
  • Next if he's about to throw a banana, this is ONE OF THE FEW TIMES we can actually grab out of sheild safely. Just shield the banana and itll fly up far enough away that you can just press grab and the nana wont hit you.
  • Obviously he's going to go for 10000x grabs to down throw, DI D-throw behind him. (hold towards his back when you get grabbed) this forces him to do a fair which is much less troublesome and doesn't kill like his up air does.
  • One of the most annoying things this diddy was doing, was camping with peanuts and baiting out my jumps / rolls and then hitting me. I think we should be able to airdodge cancel throw the items back at him or z-catch them if were on point. To airdodge cancel throw you just airdodge and press direction + A right afterwards. I learned these from brawl.
  • If were hanging on the edge and he's spacing with peanuts so that the nut will hit you when your hanging off the edge, he actually just put himself in the PERFECT spacing for fall off > jump > down b!!!!!
  • If were holding his items we can use them to bait his options too!
  • Other than that just mix up EVERYTHING. I've found diddy to be FIRSTLY a punisher and SECONDLY a long-range type with follow-ups, and a punisher with high dash speed more than anything. The main problem is that he has safe ways to bait out your habits. So when he fires that peanut/ nana do something different every time. My logic for mix ups working well here is that the way diddys play would make them practice this bait and read style. Therefore Diddys should be considered heavy readers of your defensive options.

So that's what I noticed. I hope we can get a bounty of good info here about diddys weaknesses because I don't find ZSS vs diddy to be an un-winnable MU we just gotta play smart and random!

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
When he pulls bananas is a good time to strike as well. You know exactly where he's going to be, so jump up and hit him with a zair.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
air dodge cancel throw would probably only be worthwhile if it was the banana peanuts are far to slow for it to really matter IIRC/ IMO.

Laser also destroys all his projectiles , Zairing is also good as well i'm going to wait till i face another mid level + Diddy in bracket when i am not playing like a moron and test it out somethings.

One thing that would be cool if someone could test for me is how good run off zair is for edgeguarding diddy when he was launched far enough that side b doesn't bring him to ledge , I figure if your lucky you might be able to hit him with a max range zair out of his side b forcing another and him to probably be to far (even if he charges up b all the way we should be able to intercept it.)

Top Bottom