• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Tournament Question

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. I've never played in a Brawl tournament before, and I have a question concerning ZSS's suit pieces. We all know that choosing ZSS lets you start the match with a bunch of decently-powerful suit parts to chuck at your feet. Is using them tournament-legal? It kinda provides a significant advantage for ZSS, which, if played correctly, could take out the opponent's stock rather quickly, providing a semi-unfair situation for the other player. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never played in a tournament before and would really like to know. :ohwell:

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
That's like asking if Links Bombs are tournament legal, I'd think they are. It'd be stupid as it's her only throwing projectile she gets and to hender her from using it is just kinda wrong.

also, peach.

zero5

Smash Cadet
i don't think its banned.. they are easily dodged.. and they can be turned against you.. also another thing is that they don't stay on the stage for very long.. they despawn rather quickly.. its just a good way for Zamus' approach..

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
They have been legal in every tournament so far, and will continue to be legal.

If the other guy complains, tell him "no johns"

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
They are just as fair as Peaches Turnips, Diddy Bananas, Snakes grenades, and maybe even more fair than Links bombs.
They are a natural part of the gameplay, they come included with your Zs Samus, and you should have no conviction when using them, just don't start sucking when you run out of suit pieces.
Use them to your advantage.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
You will find that good players can easily avoid or block the pieces so they are not terribly helpful, though having said that a good zss player should be able to get about 40% out of the pieces. If you watch some youtube vids of zss players in tournaments you will see that they use the suit pieces and fairly effectively. so my thought is also that they are allowed in tournaments even though some people complain that they shouln't be allowed.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
It's called shielding. Also there's this thing called timing a jab. Oh, and SH-air dodge.

Edit: And if they're that big of an issue for you, cop out and use Fox or Wolf.

Top Bottom