• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Roll Cancelled Grab?

BlackL1ght

Smash Cadet

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
It doesn't look like it gives us a boost at all tbh I did it a few times i feel like because you see the star from the roll animation.
I will try to test more and i commented about this on another one of the zss threads.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I have done it and it seems to yield ~1 body width of extra space. Could be good if players get used to the grab range. I'm also unsure if this is faster than the dash grab, animation wise. If it is, then it's definitely worth it.

BlackL1ght

Smash Cadet
I have done it and it seems to yield ~1 body width of extra space. Could be good if players get used to the grab range. I'm also unsure if this is faster than the dash grab, animation wise. If it is, then it's definitely worth it.
From what the guy in the thread I linked said, it makes a huge difference. However, it's very possible that he was unfamiliar with ZSS and just did a dash grab or something.

So that's what I was looking for, but I know a dash grab when I see one. If the difference is as small as you say, then I've more than likely done it many times.

Thanks for the help.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

are you referring to a roll canceled pivot grab or normal the wording throws me off not sure if you miss read what he said there.
because if the roll cancel pivot grab gives a body length we might be able to troll people from a far with a charged laser to that grab.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
are you referring to a roll canceled pivot grab or normal the wording throws me off not sure if you miss read what he said there.
because if the roll cancel pivot grab gives a body length we might be able to troll people from a far with a charged laser to that grab.
Oh, I meant the normal one! Sorry, I read the title and not the reddit thread, as I have stopped going to that site for a while now. I don't think our roll cancelled PIVOT grab goes anywhere... but someone with more experience on that can check it out. I'll try to give it some more play time too.

Top Bottom