• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS: Edgeguarding?

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Particularly, can she do anything against someone recovering from the bottom of the ledge? I feel like once their there, this isn't much I can do to stop them from getting back in.

David Viran

Smash Lord
If they recover low I like to try to down Smash them because they are going for the ledge. If you get the down Smash that could very easily be a kill too. Also I like to jump out above them and when they try to jump to grab the ledge I will try to down special spike them. This is super risky though.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Down B at the ledge occasionally against low recoveries. You'll scoop the ledge from them most of the time and can go for the back air, and you may get rewarded with the occasional spikerino.

Doctor Saius

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dr. Saius
I've been using an aerial down smash when they are recovering as you can use it immediately after jumping, or preparing a regular down smash using the paralyzer, not always super effective but not too many moves are incredibly more useful. Down Tilt is also an option at it sweeps.

If they are flying onto stage i'll try an Up B aiming the last kick not the start of the move since it has amazing kill potential at 70%

Roflcopters

Smash Rookie
I've been using an aerial down smash when they are recovering as you can use it immediately after jumping, or preparing a regular down smash using the paralyzer, not always super effective but not too many moves are incredibly more useful. Down Tilt is also an option at it sweeps.

If they are flying onto stage i'll try an Up B aiming the last kick not the start of the move since it has amazing kill potential at 70%
That sounds really risky. If they air dodge through you (air dodges are spammed a lot in this game) and then fastfall, you'll be at their mercy on the rest of your way down, open to any kind of smash attack or spike depending on if you go for stage or ledge.

Doctor Saius

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dr. Saius
What is an aerial down smash >_>
down a in air, i just call it a smash since i use the right stick.

That sounds really risky. If they air dodge through you (air dodges are spammed a lot in this game) and then fastfall, you'll be at their mercy on the rest of your way down, open to any kind of smash attack or spike depending on if you go for stage or ledge.
I do agree it's very risky, which is why I'm trying to find moves offstage to KO but i've had some success with up b

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
sometimes i charge a paralyzer towards the edge and if they get up, they get stunned, i then down b ground them, down smash them once, and then down be again and hit them, or sometimes just stomp on them. this only works at higher percents since they cant mash out as quickly, and if they are at the edge. the down b will spike them down, or if you attack out of the down b, it will send them flying off stage. and if you sweet spot the down b, it spikes them at a slight angle.

Top Bottom