• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Down Air

Cleebius

Smash Rookie
Why does this move have a seemingly random effect of falling slowly? I've tried hitting A again to maybe cancel the fall but that's not what does it.

Bageloid

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0001-3871-0578
I think it falls slowly when you're going up quickly, at least in my experience.

Agiknight

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2766-9080-7886
I've been wondering the same thing and came to the same conclusion Bageloid did, though I haven't specifically tested it to confirm. It makes sense because her rocket boots are firing and pushing her up, so if it's she's already got a lot of upward momentum and D-Air's she doesn't fall as quickly. It seems logical in my head, at least.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you dair after getting launched you will hover or slow fall.
It has the same properties as every "stall-then-fall" dair in Brawl.

Spooty

Smash Rookie
If you dair after getting launched you will hover or slow fall.
It has the same properties as every "stall-then-fall" dair in Brawl.
This is the correct answer. It has to do with your damage. The same happens with Toon Link and his dair. If I remember correctly, you have to be at a certain percent to be able to do this. It's actually very helpful if you practice it.

CupofT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3738-0810-2101
What are some effective d-air uses? I want to use the move but I'm not very creative in making my own tech.
So far I've been using it to cross up when I'm coming down from the air. If it hits I follow up with a f-air usually. And I use it to return to the stage faster after a trade or something.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Use it right above somebody's hitboxes.
They throw out uair/u-tilt/u-smash, and you stall until it's done and then hit them.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Ummm well one really dumb way I can think of to use it now would be if you get someone stunned off stage and you are winning by a stock you can just dair them since it brings them straight down.

Also I noticed a few times when I was chasing people with up airs from down throw that you can chase in a way where if they manage to air dodge or maneuver around you they are in the perfect position to be daired underneath your or even naired based on the way shes facing.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Use it right above somebody's hitboxes.
They throw out uair/u-tilt/u-smash, and you stall until it's done and then hit them.
Was going to say that if you didn't. Also, in the case of a traded hit between two people at high percent, if you got flung high and not out, you can use it to get to the stage first.

CupofT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3738-0810-2101
Ummm well one really dumb way I can think of to use it now would be if you get someone stunned off stage and you are winning by a stock you can just dair them since it brings them straight down..
I was able to do that once against a friend. Although it wasn't the last stock it felt pretty good. I'm not good at "styling" and stuff but I can add d-air finishers to my TODO list.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Was going to say that if you didn't. Also, in the case of a traded hit between two people at high percent, if you got flung high and not out, you can use it to get to the stage first.
Or to stage spike them into the ground and watch them not tech and go higher then you while your laughing because zss's down air isn't nearly as punishable upon landing anymore xD.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Instant Dair OoS seems really, really good. 10 damage, sets up a juggle and covers a tricky spot for ZSS, low and behind her. Other characters cover their front and back simultaneously with Dsmashes, ZSS can do it with an instant Dair.

Try this!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Instant Dair OoS seems really, really good. 10 damage, sets up a juggle and covers a tricky spot for ZSS, low and behind her. Other characters cover their front and back simultaneously with Dsmashes, ZSS can do it with an instant Dair.

Try this!
True I've even gotten the lucky occasional shield pokes from this (that or the victim dropped shield to early ) ;p

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's a good way to survive attacks. Works amazingly well when done right. Although it's dangerous online and such. I had a hard time timing it right online, when you don't know how fast you're going thanks to the lag.

RyutheWolf64

Smash Rookie
NNID
RyantheWolf
3DS FC
3239-5574-1795
It depends on which direction you're going in the air, if you're going up it'll be slow, if you're at the tip of the jump it'll go slow but if you're falling then use it it'll go fast. Not random at all.

Top Bottom