• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS catered for kids?

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
the zero suit samus seen in brawl is a model from the suitless samus from zero mission right? just one curiosity. Samus's undersuit has been a two-piece for like ever. then, when brawl's on the horizon, it becomes a full body suit? now i'm not complaining of being perverted, but isnt the shift kinda a sign that they're knocking samus's design down to cater little kids? now the last thing we want is samus becoming some Dead or Alive chick, but why tamper with the design? it ws amus's two piece that told you she was a girl in the first place! when you died in the first metroid, yuo saw the two piece and thought "whoah, its a chick!" without that hint, she coulda been a long haired dude! (since other features of the figure are hard to illustrate in 8-bit) any opinions?

gamer8

Smash Lord
Probably cause you could only play as Samus without her power suit in Metroid: Zero Mission, so Sakurai probably thought it would be unique to have her in.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
the 2-piece suit that you're thinking of is just from the 100%/fast completion endings. and Samus's death in SM. the "Zero Suit" is the blue jumpsuit that she wore during the last part of Zero Mission. it looks identical to her Smash model, complete with the Paralyzer. you play as Samus in the Zero Suit until you track down the Gravity Suit upgrade.

also, the Zero Suit makes appearances in Metroid Prime 2 and 3.

antimatter

Smash Lord
and metroid prime hunters, but apparantly that doesnt count as a metroid game to "hard-core" metroid fans.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
You mjst be joking!!! She just so unrealistic looking compared to her MP3, I mean Zelda and Peach look Okay... But Zamus is not catered towards kids at all...

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
she was wearing that suit in the only time she was playable in the metroid series. And would,'t it be a bit too wierd to have her fighting in a bikini? Anyways she's already the most revealing charachter in SSBB. Other than Pikachu ;)

Chunky-MonkeyLOL

Smash Cadet
The two piece thing was only a little fanservice for those of us who got good endings (in the GBA games, for SM it was for those of us who got 100%). The zero suit is basically what it says: her zero (under/backup) suit. And as mentioned it was added in Metroid: Zero Mission, but has been seen in MP2+3.

But I wouldn't mind if we got to see Samus in her SM 100% costume (the black two piece). Hot **** she was smokin'!

:034:

Smash Hero
The "Zero Suit" in Zero Mission is the full suit you also see in Brawl and Corruption. The two-piece is just an extra you could get for various games.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly a big deal. >>
I'll have to agree with this.
In addition, everyone else is right. Thats just a "reward" for finishing the game quickly with all the items. Wow.
Does Nintendo think we're all perverts, rewarding us with skin for completing a game quickly...?
Meh. I don't think so.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This is related to a problem that I've had with the power suit for a long time.

Pre-Metroid Prime 2, the power suit was only removable through physical intervention. Samus would literally take the helmet off when she revealed her face in every game leading up to that. This notion is also enforced in Fusion, where her suit is physically removed to save her life. It is in these games that she most often appears in non-zero suit or power suit garb, if at all.

However, in the later games, first of all, she is specifically in the zero suit whenever she goes suitless. Second of all, the suit seems almost like some kind of nano-tech that can dissolve and reform through input from Samus.

Now, the commonality is that whenever she "dissolves" the suit, she's still shown in the zero suit, which would seem to say that the zero suit is something of a low-functionality suit whose primary purpose is comfort and ease of motion.

This still gives us two problems. One is that in the manga, Samus apparently still has this "dissolve" and "reform" ability, but without any zero suit to speak of. The second point is that in Zero Mission, she crashes after she takes her suit off, and is unable to get her suit back on after the crash landing. She's wearing the zero suit, so apparently the power suit is not some operation of that suit, and she can't just will the suit on her, like she could when she was young.

All in all, I think it's best not to think too much about the mechanics of Samus' armor. She's hot, and that's all that matters.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
it ws amus's two piece that told you she was a girl in the first place! when you died in the first metroid, yuo saw the two piece and thought "whoah, its a chick!"
Wrong game. In the first metroid, when Samus died, her pixels came apart and fell off the bottom of the screen.

You're thinking of Super Metroid, the third game in the series.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Samus would literally take the helmet off when she revealed her face in every game leading up to that. This notion is also enforced in Fusion, where her suit is physically removed to save her life.
That supports nothing. She can consciously take her Power Suit off at any time, but... "It then came to light that the organic components of [her]Power Suit had become so integrated with [her] system that it could not be removed while [she] was unconscious."

in Zero Mission, she crashes after she takes her suit off, and is unable to get her suit back on after the crash landing. She's wearing the zero suit, so apparently the power suit is not some operation of that suit, and she can't just will the suit on her,
What does that tell you? The removing of her Power Suit is an operation of her ship, not the suit itself. I think I recall (from one of the Metroid Prime games, or maybe Zero Mission) that Samus pushed a few buttons on the ship's control panel, then the Power Suit vanished.
she can't just will the suit on her, like she could when she was young.
???

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
and metroid prime hunters, but apparantly that doesnt count as a metroid game to "hard-core" metroid fans.
It shouldn't to any Metroid fan. I mean, look at the **** series name: Metroid. Metroids never even make an appearance in the game, and neither does Metroid Prime/Dark Samus or Phazon. "Samus & Pals" is a more appropriate title..

My opinion on this thread's main idea? No. And it's ridiculous for anyone to think that.

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
she was wearing that suit in the only time she was playable in the metroid series. And would,'t it be a bit too wierd to have her fighting in a bikini? Anyways she's already the most revealing charachter in SSBB. Other than Pikachu ;)
I always thought Sonic was more revealing.

Ike's Biggest Fan

Smash Apprentice
Following Ike's travels through Tellius and beyond
alrighty im back and your all right. now that i've seen more i realize they didn't cut short at all. if any of you have seen zss's intro in SSE and seen how the graphics portray her very very erm TIGHT suit, you literally be in awe. in fact, funny thing, the first thing you see of zss in SSE is what? thats right, her rear. she's like climbing out of some air duct, and there's a 3 second shot of behind before it even shows her face. MAN was i off. lol

TheLev

Smash Rookie
Well, it's for babies?
Gold.

Anyway, to claim such condescending remarks towards "little kids" makes me wonder a few things, one would be how old someone thinks they have to be before they can start trying to be emotionally vampiric towards children, another is how exactly they think that Nintendo products are not designed for "little kids" however old that term might mean, and another is how exactly do you think Samus' suit has perversion in it? Obviously it was included in marketing to attract the crowd that is drawn to that sort of eye candy, but again if we are actually talking about children too young to have gone through puberty I don't think that the suit actually has such revealing aspects other than the general curves of her body (mind you that children who have yet to hit puberty are not vexed with such issues as you are describing), which honestly isn't different at all from:

Step back, put your pants back on and get some perspective, seriously.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
The two piece thing was only a little fanservice for those of us who got good endings (in the GBA games, for SM it was for those of us who got 100%).
Incorrect; in Super Metroid you get it for beating the game in under 3 hours, no matter your completion. I usually average 1:30-1:40 with 66% completion and still get it.

S2

Smash Lord
Samus in a swimsuit wasn't a big deal when it was basically an easter egg for beating the game quickly (or via code).

But as graphics got better and they made Samus playable without her suit, it had to change. Zero Mission would have had a much higher rating if she was in her bikini. The Zero suit was a good idea.

Even as an Easter Egg, certain parents would still have probably thrown a fit at Samus in a bathing suit in any of the prime games. Considering that they are not rated M for mature.

Besides, her Zero Suit still has a ton of sex appeal. It very much keeps the sex appeal of the 2 piece, but delivers it in a non-offensive way that won't risk bumping up any Metroid game's rating.

Top Bottom