• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS best choice of stages?

NorZora

Smash Rookie
Personally I like battlefield and smashville because of the platform combos. Any other opinions?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Personally I like battlefield and smashville because of the platform combos. Any other opinions?
Those are pretty much ZSS's best stages, especially Battlefield because of the crazy combos with the platform (I think a zero-to-death combo in only possible in that stage for her), but I'd also add Lylat Cruise to the list, as the tiny ledges are usually no problem for her, thanks to her tether.

Town and City is also quite decent, but the platforms are too high to use the crazyness from BF and SV

Final Destination is, IMO, her worst stage because of the lack of platforms, but that doesn't mean ZSS is no longer viable, as she still manages to perform well.

NorZora

Smash Rookie
Those are pretty much ZSS's best stages, especially Battlefield because of the crazy combos with the platform (I think a zero-to-death combo in only possible in that stage for her), but I'd also add Lylat Cruise to the list, as the tiny ledges are usually no problem for her, thanks to her tether.

Town and City is also quite decent, but the platforms are too high to use the crazyness from BF and SV

Final Destination is, IMO, her worst stage because of the lack of platforms, but that doesn't mean ZSS is no longer viable, as she still manages to perform well.
I Agree! I appreciate you reply! I´ve had some discussions with friends about that. And they claim that ZSS is OP even on Omega stages. As a ZSS main, I do not agree with them.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I Agree! I appreciate you reply! I´ve had some discussions with friends about that. And they claim that ZSS is OP even on Omega stages. As a ZSS main, I do not agree with them.
Well, she still has those 30-to-deaths in Omegas (unless the opponent is too light and/or DIes)

NorZora

Smash Rookie
Well, she still has those 30-to-deaths in Omegas (unless the opponent is too light and/or DIes)
Ah, you mean the up airs into up B? Yeah, its an awesome combo, but its not like it happens every match

David Viran

Smash Lord
I guess it is because I use the up airs into up B combo, and I also use nair into down B spike which work around 45-50% on some characters unless they are a fast faller. Heres a link if you dont know what Im talking about https://vine.co/v/eBTFjdH3a0D
Bair to down b is better. T&C is very good for zss. We can still use the platforms and all that to our advantage while characters like sheik cannot making them more usful to us and not other characters who also like platforms.

NorZora

Smash Rookie
Bair to down b is better. T&C is very good for zss. We can still use the platforms and all that to our advantage while characters like sheik cannot making them more usful to us and not other characters who also like platforms.
Nice, I will try that.
T&C is nice, but the platforms are to high to be too much help in my opinion, but its still my third choice of stage. Pyrosphere would also have been an awesome stage if it wasn´t for Ridley messing up the fight.

David Viran

Smash Lord
T&C platforms you can still pressure people with uairs. You can also extend your uair chains with them and them being higher just makes you kill even earlier.

NorZora

Smash Rookie
ZSS's best stages are Halberd, Delfino, Battlefield and Town & City in that order.
I don´t see how Halberd and Delfino is the two best stages when the stages don´t always have platforms to work with. I like those stages when they are floating in the air, but whenever the stages land on solid ground they are not that good for ZSS in my opinion. I wouldn´t say they are bad, but not the best either. I still prefer Battlefield, T&C and Smashville.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Delfino almost constantly has platforms, and Halberd has a permanent platform after about 5 seconds...
I have no idea what you're arguing here.
Have you ever taken somebody above the blastzone with our BnB, not having to worry about spacing the Boost kick correctly because they die regardless? This happens on BOTH of these stages, and makes ZSS's BnB WAY more effective.

NorZora

Smash Rookie
Delfino almost constantly has platforms, and Halberd has a permanent platform after about 5 seconds...
I have no idea what you're arguing here.
Have you ever taken somebody above the blastzone with our BnB, not having to worry about spacing the Boost kick correctly because they die regardless? This happens on BOTH of these stages, and makes ZSS's BnB WAY more effective.
Yeah, sorry, I haven´t used those stages enough to really argue with you. Just wanted your opinion. Thanks. Have to practice on those stages I guess.

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
Delfino and Halberd are definitely amazing stages for ZSS. In particular, I generally go to Halberd as my go-to counterpick against a lot of characters. Uair approaches can lead to a KO insanely quickly. It's also interesting to note that the slopes can let you shield stab someone's feet with paralyzer or the whip if they're on the edge and you're centerstage.

Delfino has moments of being even easier; utilt, Uair and Up-throw can all kill easily during the moment when the main platform is dropping you off at the location, and the ceiling is super low. Other characters can exploit this too, however. Delfino's transformations are also generally less favorable to ZSS than Halberd's design, although you can camp well in certain match-ups.

After that, yeah, Battlefield is great. Smashville right below it, T&C is good... FD and Omegas are not good. Pilotwings is/was worse imo, but thankfully I think it's not legal anymore in most tournies.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
What's even funner is that on Halberd sometimes you don't need the up b. The up airs can get the kill too. It's great. And yeah I agree on those stage choices.

Also for Omegas, ZSS can down b kick through p much all the edges to get the spike.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
^The engines still glitch and cancel moves though.

Also, I'm a fan of T&C and bf with ZSS
The engines still put you airborne? I haven't had that happen since the patch and heard it was fixed; can you confirm?

M@v

Subarashii!
^I haven't had it personally happen to me since the patch happened, but last time I checked the community patch notes only the ledges were listed as fixed; not the engines themselves.

Top Bottom