• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSamus Findings from Gameplay

Kips

Smash Ace
Yes, it is possible to chain two D-Smashes together. Watch Infil's videos and he says that while you can't chain above two, the first will stun and the second will launch. I still prefer D-Smash>Side B or D-Smash>F-Smash though.
Sorry if I was harsh, I'm just tired after a 600 word essay.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yes, it is possible to chain two D-Smashes together. Watch Infil's videos and he says that while you can't chain above two, the first will stun and the second will launch. I still prefer D-Smash>Side B or D-Smash>F-Smash though.
Sorry if I was harsh, I'm just tired after a 600 word essay.
How was that harsh? lol. But at higher damages it doesn't seem that the second attack launches them...I'll test it out more now though.
EDIT: I was right about this. :)

Another new discovery (I think): If you do ZSS's D-air during the hitstun of someone else's attack, you will do the d-air but will NOT dash downwards AT ALL.

Kips

Smash Ace
Apparently the main idea is to just launch with one of many tilts or a D-Smash and then commence the aerial rapage. Turns out you WERE right. Still, any news on what happens when someone is stunned off the ledge? They fall and die?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Apparently the main idea is to just launch with one of many tilts or a D-Smash and then commence the aerial rapage. Turns out you WERE right. Still, any news on what happens when someone is stunned off the ledge? They fall and die?
They fall, but I don't think they can actually die from it I'm not positive though. Whenever I tried that the person was able to recover from the stun before they could fall far enough to kill them.

Also if no one reads the edit on another post I made
You can NOT tether out of your D-air. But, if you're pretty high in the air (higher than your own two jumps will take you on most levels -_-) eventually the attack animation will end and you will be able to tether the ledge.

TheFlyingDonkey

Smash Rookie
hey guys quick question for you, idk if you already know this or not buuuut... if i start out the fight as samus and spam lets say fsmash or dtilt a whole lot, if i change to zss via taunt spam, will my fsmash and dtilt still be nerfed from repeated use?

Reynard

Smash Rookie
Some questions regarding ZSS's recovery and Up-B.

1. How powerful and useful is the Up-B as a spike? Is it a true spike, or is it meteor cancelable? It seems pretty dumb to try and spike opponents coming back from below the plane of the stage, but I hope it has utility in punishing those coming in from above - any reports on using this unique spike effectively?

2. On ZSS's recovery, suppose she's being edgehogged. Can she dislodge her foe with a Side-B (or just B, maybe) and then tether with Up-B in time? Or if the foe edgegrab-invincibilitys through the Side-B, can her Up-B hit and spike them off the edge while she's falling to her doom?

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Some questions regarding ZSS's recovery and Up-B.

1. How powerful and useful is the Up-B as a spike? Is it a true spike, or is it meteor cancelable? It seems pretty dumb to try and spike opponents coming back from below the plane of the stage, but I hope it has utility in punishing those coming in from above - any reports on using this unique spike effectively?

2. On ZSS's recovery, suppose she's being edgehogged. Can she dislodge her foe with a Side-B (or just B, maybe) and then tether with Up-B in time? Or if the foe edgegrab-invincibilitys through the Side-B, can her Up-B hit and spike them off the edge while she's falling to her doom?
The Up-B is a METEOR SMASH/ATTACK, so you can cancel it. It can set up for some nice ground combos, but it's hard to apply in the air as a potential finisher.

About your recovery... ZSS has yet another jump with her Down-B, so use it wisely if you still have it [can only use it once in the air until you land again].

The invincibility frames may linger through the Side-B, but even so, you may or may not scare your opponent back onto the ledge. The attack comes out moderately fast and lasts a bit, so it's possible to knock your foe off the edge/force them to roll onto the stage, then you can Up-B and tether recovery.

As for the normal B, I haven't tried it yet, but I have tried her Up-air...it usually hits the opponent since it comes out really fast, and you can still tether recovery afterwards, just make sure that you DI AWAY from the stage right after you attack so you don't end up under it when you press Up-B. Most of the people I play against usually roll onto the stage right after the Up-air, but there could be a way to prevent ZSS from recovering...

~L1F3

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Saving your second jump is crucial, IMO. Uairs are the best way to scare your opponent off of the ledge, because if they don't, it's a stage spike if they don't tech. Either way, you get your ledge.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I don't think this was said before: the earlier you Up-B during your jumps, the higher you go. To do it with both jumps I suggest turning off tap Up Jump off because you might cancel your first jump with the second. It's mostly useful for recovery though, I believe.
EDIT: Good idea Ph00tbag, I didn't even think of that. Hmm, but how about doing the rising Up-B to stop an edgehog? I have to test it out more, but it seems workable.
Yeah, and either way we might as well tell people not to bother edgehogging her anymore. I think its harder for someone to edgehog me than if I was using any other character that doesn't fly or have 6 jumps :p

kbllama

Smash Rookie
Nice guide. Any one have any good ways to KO with zamus besides side special or up air?

Top Bottom