• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zomg U Gotz Rick Rolld

D14

Smash Cadet
No seriously, what the hell?

What has gotten into all of yours minds making these kind of stupid videos? It's not funny, won't be, and also gets very VERY annoying. VERY annoying I say.

Doesn't that happen to you? When you search for a Brawl video, and you find this stupid Rick Astley music, a red haired guy just singing. Seriously, I can't even understand people actually fall for this.

For the people that don't know what "Rick Rolling" is, check this video out, AND NO I AM NOT RICK ROLLING YOU GUYS.

And when you make a stupid video, then use your own Brawl picture, and do not just take a picture from the Smash Bros. DOJO

This picture was shown as thumbnail:

I mean, come on! Like everyone recognizes this picture!

That's what I have to say about the "Rick Roll" videos, and if you make anhoter, then I can allready say, fine, go ahead and be ********.

- D14

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Rickrolls have been around for awhile. I actually kind of enjoy them. It makes me smile when all of a sudden I hear the first strains of that classic coming out of my computer speakers.

D14 said:
I mean, come on! Like everyone recognizes this picture!
It's new to me. Is it supposed to be some famous Brawl photo?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Oh, I see now...

This is yr way of trying to RickRoll SWF, huh? WELL, NOT GONNA FALL FOR IT. >:"O

Crystallion

Smash Ace
RickRoll is so popular, BECAUSE it's so annoying. It's pretty funny as long as you're not the one being rickrolled. And even then, what's so bad about it? I mean, come on: Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Classic! :D

D14

Smash Cadet
It's new to me. Is it supposed to be some famous Brawl photo?
It's not famous, but most people should know it because I'm sure they checked the DOJO!! alot when Brawl wasn't released yet.

But let's keep at the "Rick Roll" part, and not change the subject for a picture.

RickRoll is so popular, BECAUSE it's so annoying. It's pretty funny as long as you're not the one being rickrolled. And even then, what's so bad about it? I mean, come on: Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Classic! :D
It might be popular for you, but I've seen it enough, and the only funniest thing is that I expected the stupid video once again...

Oh, I see now...

This is yr way of trying to RickRoll SWF, huh? WELL, NOT GONNA FALL FOR IT. >:"O
Ahem, no, because I'm not a ******.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
One time I was searching random youtube videos and I came across a video titled "Greatest Brawl Match Ever" so I clicked on it. It started off normaly, just a Pit ditto on Skyworld. Then about halfway through, when I am getting more and more anxious for something to happen that makes the match so great, it turns into a rickroll. I was laughing so hard at that point. I was rickrolled good.

D14

Smash Cadet
One time I was searching random youtube videos and I came across a video titled "Greatest Brawl Match Ever" so I clicked on it. It started off normaly, just a Pit ditto on Skyworld. Then about halfway through, when I am getting more and more anxious for something to happen that makes the match so great, it turns into a rickroll. I was laughing so hard at that point. I was rickrolled good.

And still I can't believe why your laughing about the crap, when this happens to me, I just close the video, and not even watch the crap..

Rick Rolls aren't that bad compared to screamers. Ah I hate those things. Can Screamers be classified as rick rolls?
Rick Rolls and Screamers aren't like eachother, I can't really get pissed off by a screamer, mostly I **** my pants from the unexpected scream.

But Rick Rolls, oh my god, YouTube should ban those people who upload them. Or Rick Astley (Asstley) should never sing the song.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
(Repeat Chorus)
Give you up, give you up
Give you up, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give, give you up
Never gonna give,
(Last four lines repeat)
(Chorus times three)

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It might be popular for you, but I've seen it enough, and the only funniest thing is that I expected the stupid video once again...
Of course if you keep rickrolling permanently, it will become stale and lose its funny. But that can relate to every other thing. ;P

EDIT: Thank you, Skyler :D Rickrolling per text, now 50% more effective!

D14

Smash Cadet
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
(Repeat Chorus)
Give you up, give you up
Give you up, give you up
Never gonna give,
Never gonna give,
(Last four lines repeat)
(Chorus times three)
Oh god dude, you Rick Roll fan.

Of course if you keep rickrolling permanently, it will become stale and lose its funny. But that can relate to every other thing. ;P

EDIT: Thank you, Skyler :D Rickrolling per text, now 50% more effective!
I never laughed about it, the first time I saw the video I thought what the hell is this bullcrap? And I searched for other videos.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
You're trying way too hard to be pissy about it. Give it a rest. And if you see a rickroll, just click it away. It's not gonna harm you anyway.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Rick roll was funny when it first started. Now it's just old

Overload

Smash Lord
I rickrolled a friend of mine at midnight on his phone. I called his cell and just played the music. He figured it was me though.

There is something called last measure which is better than rick rolling. A window pops up with some pretty disgusting pics, and the window moves around so its hard to close it unless you do altf4 or ctrlaltdel. Then through your speakers you hear "HEY EVERYBODY I'M WATCHING G4Y PRON!" and they don't let you turn your volume down.

Amide

Smash Lord
I rickrolled a friend of mine at midnight on his phone. I called his cell and just played the music. He figured it was me though.

There is something called last measure which is better than rick rolling. A window pops up with some pretty disgusting pics, and the window moves around so its hard to close it unless you do altf4 or ctrlaltdel. Then through your speakers you hear "HEY EVERYBODY I'M WATCHING G4Y PRON!" and they don't let you turn your volume down.

Is that legal, XD. That's pretty strange.

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
Dude thank you so much for signing that first post. I would have never looked at the large yellow letters. You rock.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I once did this to a guy I know. :p

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
That happened to me once right when my dad walked by. :( It was.... awkward.

Also I think Rick Rolls arn't that bad. Just exit them, problem solved. Your not going to stop people from making them by complaining about it. Actually, by complaining your probabaly encouraging them to make more Rick Rolls because your doing just what they want you to do.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
LOL i once rick roll'd my teacher. i told him "hey theres this funny video, make sure to have your sound on" and then i told him the URL and he entered it in and then the video played and everyone laughed. I died that day. he didnt know how to exit it because when he tried, it kept on re-appearing and moving so he had to force quit IE.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Never really bothered trying to Rick Roll someone. And I don't mind if I get Rick Rolled myself, I don't see the fun/meaning/use of it either.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I have the song on my iPod. Even one of my friends has it as his ring tone for his cell phone. :p

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Holy crap. I was at work and we turned on the radio when we were closing, and of course, the song comes on and I'm just like, "OH **** SON! rickroll'd again."

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
Ok so rick rolling and screamers are different but what if you see a video with the title greatest "Brawl Match Ever" and in the middle instead of a traditional rick roll material it's a screamer. Is that a Rick Scream? Or is it one of the two?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Screamers are the reason why my volume is muted most of the time. They scare the hell out of me. =(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I got Rick Rolled this morning by my radio station. o_o

Top Bottom