• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZOMG!!!!!! New AT Discovered!!!!! Combo-canceling!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
i was playin my day-walker buddy Jiano over the wifi the other day, and we stumbled upon what is perhaps the biggest discovery in brawl. This new AT will change the way tournaments are played... its called combo-canceling!

here is how we discovered it: Jiano was sheik and I was Pit. Jiano had been r4ping me with sheiks ftilt... i was just getting kicked over and over. So then i started holding away on the analog stick and Pit suddenly drifted away from Sheik's combo! Obviously, this is going to have HUGE impacts on tournament play.

So, to recap... if you hold away from the person comboing you on the analog stick, your character will actually move that direction and avoid getting comboed.

Since Jiano and I discovered this, we have decided to name it COMBO-CANCELING!!!!!! everyone be jealous of us now.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
NEW FOLLOW UP DISCOVERY:

COMBO CANCEL CANCEL:

whenever your opponent initiates the legendary combo cancel, start walking toward your opponent and continue to combo, thus canelling their combo cancel!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIK

best example: walk and Ftilt with sheik. I'm pretty sure this has been tested to work until 200%/DeaTH

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Good ****, let's flood the boards with useless data so that we can yell at people when they can't sort through topics after a search.
i dont think anyone will be searching for "combo-canceling" anytime soon. and if they do, they deserve to waste their time on this thread

inl

Smash Rookie
LOL, this just made my day...wow. This whole Brawl section is just turning into complete uselessness cause of this.

Geist

Smash Master
In before lock.

I hope people stop making useless spam threads in the brawl forums soon. Seriously, take it to the fox boards plex.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
LOL, this just made my day...wow. This whole Brawl section is just turning into complete uselessness cause of this.
i felt the boards turned to uselessness a long time ago... that was the point to the thread. Sorry if someone else did a joke thread like this before, and sorry if u all dont have a sense of humor.

im not posting in this thread again, so u all might as well not either and let it fall into the old threads.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
wow dude.. .seriously like next time your going to make a thread. see the little X on the top right corner. click it T_T

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Many message boards, this one included, enforce a 10 character minimum on posts. If someone wants to post something under 10chars, they'll often add "10char" to the end of their post to reach that lower limit.

These threads are becoming far too commonplace here. We should not have 3 of these joke threads on page 1. These forums exist to provide informative discussion for the community to learn from. They're here to teach and to learn. This kind of thing needs to stop or there will soon be nothing but useless threads anywhere in this section. What's more, the kind of behavior that these threads parody needs to stop even more, and these threads only offer encouragement to act that way.

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
You son of a *****, I actually wasted my time reading this, and you tell me that there's DI!

spiffo

Smash Cadet
wow dude, way to steal my AT.
I posted this DAYS ago. I called it Spiffo's Excellent & Effective Evasion. or SE3 for short.
I had all this Data too, about how some characters SE3 easier than others.

yeah its junk, but lighten up a little guys. people are pretty ok at crap sifting.

SebIno

Smash Cadet
I lol'd

I mean, with so many people trying soooo hard to find a new AT, this is fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom