• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeroing in on Zero Suit Samus

Zeroing in on Zero Suit Samus

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Nice guide, but just a few clean-up things:
  • Grab section needs fixed slightly (Grab description is Jab's description)
  • Wii Fit Trainer and G&W are hidden within other character's spoiler tags

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nice review overall although I have to disagree with you on the nair. The nair is not bad it is actually a decent wall option. Also, if you land one near the ground at lower percents you can follow up with an aerial.

Last edited:

KidLiquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidLiquid
3DS FC
4596-9786-5136
I completely agree its decent. I said its not a horrible move, but I do think in most situations where you would use it, there are just better options.

David Viran

Smash Lord
It seems to be more useful against characters that can spam their projectile like greninja.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if spaced correctly it's safe on block as well, but I'm not positive about that.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I completely agree its decent. I said its not a horrible move, but I do think in most situations where you would use it, there are just better options.
Could you give examples on such circumstances because while there might he better options fast fall nair ACs as well as clanks with ground moves so it being safe on block +being able to save your hide in a rough situation gives it a better feel.

Not to mention this is a completely legit option when we chase characters from underneath without fear, works wonders for all those yolo Dairs and down-bs some characters have.
I started looking at the guide and am going to look more when I get a chance I really hope all the down b info is there been wracking my brain to figure it out.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Is it true that the last hit of the jab can be power shielded still because I could have sworn that all the hits would connect in this game.

TsundereService

Smash Rookie
Her Forward Tilt can actually be angled to do a high, middle or low kick, but the 3DS pad makes it really hard to perform the one you want reliably. The window between High Kick/UTilt and Low Kick/DTilt is really small

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
This is a great help. I think I'm serious now about making ZSS my main.

As to sum up what I think is most important to know:
ZSS has four kill moves, two of which, the up b and down b, being the most deadly. The other two are the bair and upsmash IF sweetspotted. Forward smash and forward air can work at higher percents, but are highly situational or just outclassed. Have I got that right?
Besides that, ZZS is an aeral master, likes to juggle opponents and relies heavily on her gun. Her weakness is when she is outspaced or unable to get her opponents where she wants them, such as failing to get Little Mac in the air is a won game for Little Mac. Other characters that enjoy a close combat game such as Sheik or Captain Falcon or know how to outpredict and counter (every sword user that knows what they are doing) are ZSS' bane.

KidLiquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidLiquid
3DS FC
4596-9786-5136
This is a great help. I think I'm serious now about making ZSS my main.

ZSS has four kill moves, two of which, the up b and down b, being the most deadly. The other two are the bair and upsmash IF sweetspotted. Forward smash and forward air can work at higher percents, but are highly situational or just outclassed. Have I got that right?
Actually 3. Up B, Down D, and Foward Smash. Forward air, Up Smash and Back Air are not kill moves. Strong moves that kill at higher percents, but not quite kill moves

KidLiquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidLiquid
3DS FC
4596-9786-5136
Her Forward Tilt can actually be angled to do a high, middle or low kick, but the 3DS pad makes it really hard to perform the one you want reliably. The window between High Kick/UTilt and Low Kick/DTilt is really small
Hmm thats really good to know. Ill have to look into it more, but I am planning on really doing alot more with the guide when the Wii U version is released

David Viran

Smash Lord
Actually 3. Up B, Down D, and Foward Smash. Forward air, Up Smash and Back Air are not kill moves. Strong moves that kill at higher percents, but not quite kill moves
Actually based on raw kill power I feel like Bair is a bit more reliable than forward Smash. Bair is just very difficult to hit with due to the 3ds. So on the Wii U version Bair will probably be considered more of a kill move.

KidLiquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
KidLiquid
3DS FC
4596-9786-5136
Actually based on raw kill power I feel like Bair is a bit more reliable than forward Smash. Bair is just very difficult to hit with due to the 3ds. So on the Wii U version Bair will probably be considered more of a kill move.
I can see that. And again Ill be doing alot of updating when the Wii U version is out, but for now. Forward Smash is just alot more reliable right now

Top Bottom