• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo To Not Attend Paragon

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
"I'm so stressed from always winning all the time, man. I risk losing on stream so I'll sit this one out."

At least now it'll actually be fun to watch a smash4 tourney.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Are Esam and Mr. R going to be there? If so, they have a much higher chance of winning then Nairo. Esam practically wrecked Nairo, and so did Mr. R (not at SSC, but at evo and another canadian tournament nobody cares about)
I'll have you know Alberta Beatdown V was great fun. Not very many high profile players. But fun none the less. Especially since Edmonton rarely has large tournaments

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Having a perfect record in anything is a ton of pressure. I'd do the same thing in his situation. You can't forget he's also a human being and nobody's perfect. He's going to lose one day and then the illusion of "perfection" will be replaced with "excellence". He's going to always be a great player no matter what happens.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I'll have you know Alberta Beatdown V was great fun. Not very many high profile players. But fun none the less. Especially since Edmonton rarely has large tournaments
I'm not belittleing, it. It's just that it was sorta outshone by PAX. I watched a good portion of it and it was very good.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Look at it from his perspective. We've all hit that rut, stressed and unable to focus on what we love for one reason or another. It is a frustrating experience. Take into account the fact that he has a girlfriend and it elevates this issue by magnitudes.
I rather like the situation now. We don't know precisely how the tournament will unfold. That's a good thing in my book.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Gotta love the smash community for the ground breaking headline "news" that we all follow

ZeRo is feeling tired.

M2K Breaks a Nail

Leffen Banned from all social activity

Sakurai says "screw melee, lol"

Last edited:

Spooks

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnSpooks
I love watching ZeRo but it will be nice to see someone else win a big tournament

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
Wow he sounds a lot like Mr. Sakurai with all the stress and I need a break stuff lol dang

Kwyk

Kirby main since NES!
NNID
Kwyk-1987
3DS FC
4399-0116-0271
The best deserves a break, and who can tell him otherwise?

"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"--
Edward, the Black Prince of Wales 'A Knights Tale'

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
~Great now how will I be able to take out Zero~

Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerooooooooo

-Orange boy

Good job if u get the reference

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
So without Zero its basically a toss up between Nairo, Esam, Dabuz, Vinnie, Mr. R, and Ally? Depending on who ends up being there of course. This could be on heck of a ride in top 8.

Zero definitely deserves the break and this is absolutely no slight against him, but it will be fun to see who can take it in his absence.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I wish top players could do what they want and not have to explain themselves. I think that they feel pressured to go to every major event and stream frequently because they have fans constantly watching them, even if that's not what they want to do.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Looks like someone's scared of Vinnie :4villager:

In all seriousness tho, I hope Zero comes back stronger than ever.

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
At least there will be someone fresh winning the smash4 tournament

MewtwoForce

Smash Cadet
My 2 cents. I'm very surprised at how the some of the community has responded to Zero winning consistently in smash. It seems in a nutshell the majority opinion is its a bad thing that hes winning all the time.The world champion should be celebrated and adored for his work and skill and contributions to the community. Not seen as this gross annoyance because he wins too much.

What about when mango was winning consistently? I'm pretty sure the majority opinion was that people loved seeing mango win again and again when he was on point. Plenty of other world champions got this treatment. Why not zero?

I mean heres just some of what hes doing. Zero is showing us world champion levels of play consistently and giving us quite a show every tournament. His discoveries from his hardwork are giving the rest of us a smarter idea of how to play the game at a higher level and a better idea of what we need to REALLY do to win tournaments. This benefits us and lets us play the game better, which in turn makes smash 4 more fun for us. Zero is also helping to give back to advance the metagame faster than it would be by making tutorial vids and keeping us entertained with youtube vids he uploads.

Zero you have my support. Enjoy your break my friend.

Last edited:

Stiggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheStigSam
As sad as I am that Zero will not be wrecking house at Paragon, better that he do something like this than burn out and loose the will to play. Here's to hoping that you can come back strong as ever after this.
Best wishes

Firebert95

Smash Rookie
NNID
Firebert95
3DS FC
0318-8071-4293
I was never upset really that Zero was winning. Sure I was rooting for ESAM but Zero did deserve all those tournaments. I don't think anyone in the Sm4sh scene is more dedicated to practice than he is. It will be nice for him to have this break.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
Hes scared because Vinnie about rekt him.
He knows his time is limited to be the best.

I have a friend whose main issue with the samsh community is the level to which bad players suck top players *****. And well after reading these comments i can't really disagree anymore.

Like really? Its big news that homie isnt going to a tournament, because hes tired? Esports is a ****ing joke

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Dang, who will take Paragon then?
The extremely stylish Nairo?
The one who came the closest, Vinnie?
The one that took the other set, Mr. ConCon?
The super efficient Mr. R?
The newly crowned Mew2Kong?
The revitalized Dabuz?
The quick witted ESAM?
The Peach taking tourneys in SoCal, SlayerZ?
The seasoned smash veteran, LarryLurr?
The Canadian Mario, Ally?

Smash Ace
The revitalized Dabuz?
The quick witted ESAM?
Or maybe Leffen...

_Wombo_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yougotgame100
I have no hate against but he's been on a massive winning streak and it's gonna be great to see someone else win Smash 4 for a change.

BadDeku

Smash Rookie
I'd actually like to hear more about who people think will win paragon now that Zero is taking a break.

My bets:

Most likely--Esam. Hes improved the most lately. I honestly think he'll win.

Second--Nairo. Maybe not second and more like third but...I'm a fanboy.

Third--Mr. R. He took out Nairo CONVINCINGLY the other day. I'm scared of the Sheik apocalypse '~'

Who else do you guys think could take it? I honestly can't see Dabuzz getting past Nairo at all, and that's if he can keep up with Esam and Mr. R. Vinnie has been getting good though so maybe even he could take it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see someone random from the west coast take it.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
The revitalized Dabuz?
The quick witted ESAM?
Pretty sure M2K mains Mario now. I've seen it a couple times though it's hard to find since he doesn't seem to attend that many tournaments anymore, but he's very good with him, better than Ally ever was.
I'd love to see M2K pull a win. If not, here's hoping for Mr. R and his Ryu (though I'm obviously biased towards their characters.)

Hope you feel better, ZeRo.

Last edited:

JeBBster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JeBBster
I think either Nairo or ESAM will win Paragon, but tbh I think it's anyone's game, upsets are crazy in Smash 4, it would be cool to see M2K win Smash 4 but I doubt it. I can't wait to see who makes Top 8 :D

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I wish I can attend cool far away tournaments like these. Would Love to show off my MegaMan. Still though, I'd probably get my ass handed to me by a pro in the end.

Top Bottom