• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tips And Tricks!

Riggen

Smash Cadet
NNID
15243BDRAE
3DS FC
1607-3148-7902
Right, I Made this post so I could share some good Advice with all those other zero suit samus mains out there, Lets get started with some combo's shall we

Know You Probably know the old D-Throw to U-Air, But On Light Characters I Prefer U-Smash to U-Air, And one that I think is a good kill move at about 70% light and 110% heavy is Down-B (Bury, Not attack) to Up-B, Make Sure Your close enough to the burrowed character otherwise this wont work, on lights like diddy kong, 70%+ will do, on big characters like kind dedede, 110%+ will do the trick, and on mid characters like link, a good 90%+ does it, Now on to some that I found on my own...

This one is good because it is a mind game to your opponent, You dash at an opponent (semi-mindlessly) and when they are about to punish you, roll away and dash attack at them, this actually works with any character that has semi-short end lag (under 15 frames) because its most likely they will grab/smash attack you, but this can be countered with a tactic I posted yesterday ( http://smashboards.com/threads/the-pound-technic.404355/ ), its the pound Technic, this move can easily counter this if they time it right, if they do it too late because you got to predictible, you back away and dash forward again, the effect is still there, I haven't run in to this because the other people I encountered online didn't know this tactic, So I find its not a combo, But it can lead into one because of the tumble animation, Do a jab lock, Maybe a grab and boom, about 20% damage done in no time!

Here's A good one, The Perfect Pivot Trick, It's simple, Perfect Pivot, And then Side Tilt Before you let go of the thumb stick, SIMPLE! You will be chaining into a combo in about 200 frames.

I think this is all I could find, Or at least all I remember last time I played, I hope this helped, And I will see you in the next post!

Last edited:

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
If you have enough time, you should down smash the rooted opponent first. If they are still rooted, you just got free damage to supplement that upB. If they unrooted themselves and you still nailed them with down smash, then you can follow up in any way you'd like!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
If you have enough time, you should down smash the rooted opponent first. If they are still rooted, you just got free damage to supplement that upB. If they unrooted themselves and you still nailed them with down smash, then you can follow up in any way you'd like!
Someone good at mashing will pretty much never get hit by the dSmash.

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
There are times where an opponent will intentionally not mash at full speed so that they mess up your timing with follow-up aerials. I wouldn't go for the down smash every time, that's for sure. Still something to consider.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
There are times where an opponent will intentionally not mash at full speed so that they mess up your timing with follow-up aerials. I wouldn't go for the down smash every time, that's for sure. Still something to consider.
Yeah it's a great follow up if the opponent doesn't mash. Just throwing it out there.

David Viran

Smash Lord
You could like just straight up b when they are buried. That's pretty consistent.

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
I find that a straight upB while rooted results in them falling out of the bottom of the boost kick. Does this happen to anyone else?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I find that a straight upB while rooted results in them falling out of the bottom of the boost kick. Does this happen to anyone else?
Well you need to catch their DI as usual but they don't fall out more often if they are rooted. At least not in my case.

iDreamTheater

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iDreamTheater
3DS FC
5472-7184-0561
When rooted you take half knockback, correct? If this applies to the first hit of upB, then it's even more important that you start out grounded and follow their DI perfectly

EDIT: Also smaller opponents would obviously be more prone to this

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Also mashable but safer than dSmash > uSpecial.
But if they don't mash dSmash > uSpecial is the way to go.
You can pick bf and get the burial under a platform land on the platform and charge downsmash or just downsmash if they have a habit of mashing.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Wouldn't that be a 50/50? They can airdodge.
Can you even buffer the air dodge that close to her ? I've seen people doing the attacks but I've quite literally caught people doing that be it instant down smash expecting the mash or charging to wait.

However I see where your coming from but at the same time they are as DeLux says giving up the ability to attack you to do a defensive option so you should be able to let go of the downsmash and then up tilt or shield...maybe?

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Can you even buffer the air dodge that close to her ? I've seen people doing the attacks but I've quite literally caught people doing that be it instant down smash expecting the mash or charging to wait.

However I see where your coming from but at the same time they are as DeLux says giving up the ability to attack you to do a defensive option so you should be able to let go of the downsmash and then up tilt or shield...maybe?
Now that I think about it, it's not even a 50/50. Your jump out of bury seems to be a normal full jump. I have seen people airdodge directly after getting out and I have seen people attack directly after getting out.
So in theory, they could challenge your dSmash if they have a proper aerial, and airdodge it too, at least in theory.
I myself am too bad to properly mash and get the move I want.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, it's not even a 50/50. Your jump out of bury seems to be a normal full jump. I have seen people airdodge directly after getting out and I have seen people attack directly after getting out.
So in theory, they could challenge your dSmash if they have a proper aerial, and airdodge it too, at least in theory.
I myself am too bad to properly mash and get the move I want.
Exactly another point a forgot that's relevant you mashing to get out of grab or in this case the burial is you can't be sure what move will come out when your % s are always different in the situations you need to mash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom