• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus' Justin Bailey Outfit

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.

I was thinking it would be a pretty nifty idea to combine assets of the current Justin Bailey Outfit with that of the very well designed SJS variation (shown at the bottom of the imgur list.

The Justin Bailey outfit for ZSS is arguably the best designed outfit that she received. However, that compliment is not saying much, since all three of her outfits are of low quality. I mean no offense to the creator, however the outfits do not seem to have had invaluable time placed in creating them, unlike their Samus counterparts.

The SJS Justin Bailey variant, on the other hand, is very well designed, in spite of it being just a simple recolor. The quality is top-notch and it appears that painstaking details were made to make it the pinnacle of modding achievement.

Yet SJS's Justin Bailey outfit is not perfect, and the 3.5 Justin Bailey outfit has more bonuses to it.

For instance, the Arm Cannon. Pretty cool idea that sticks to the roots of the Justin Bailey lore. To a lesser extent the boots are also rather original (personally, I'd much rather see the boots get incorporated into the SJS design). The hair, in my opinion is a big iffy. True the original Justin Bailey had 3.5's hair so props to that. Yet, the hair was also not very well designed, and you can see the faults from the second picture of the first link.

SJS did a really splendid job redesigning the hair for his version of ZSS. I actually wouldn't mind it remaining in place.

tl;dr: Take the arm cannon and boots of 3.5's Justin Bailey outfit and place it in SJS's Justin Bailey.

What do you guys think about this idea?

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
IMO, I think it's a good idea, I always liked the model and recolors of that ZSS variation. Sadly I've no knowledge on how to do it... @ Luis Alonso Luis Alonso you know how to do it?

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I've no knowledge either. I was hoping someone with the knowledge would answer our distress call and come to the rescue <3

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
There are a bunch of guides out there for changing custom character skins and portraits, but if you would like me to make it easier i could just send you the files complete c: I could also switch out the Fusion suit for the SJS version as well or any others you want.
I'm positive OP isn't referring to simply switching costumes in and out, but rather combining the assets from one hack and the other.

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
I'm not so sure about that.

I feel that the costumes are way too shiny for me.

Although the updated textures are definitely worth the download.

And, despite the shininess, I'd highly recommend the SuperEnd costume. 10/10 would bang...err, use in smash clearly.

Plus, painted abs ftw #Kappa

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Truthfully, I'd love to see the 3.5 Justin Bailey updated to look better than it does, considering that's one of my favorite alts and it looks half done.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Not to deter from the topic at hand, but did anyone else have the Justin Bailey Samus Alt that's missing one or few of it's Eye/Hood Textures? I don't know how to add textures in BrawlBox and haven't found a fix for it yet.

Creepy to see the background from around her eyes..

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
I can give it a shot.
WOAH! The man himself!

I had read from a Brawl Vault forum that you don't usually do things of that sort? That you prefer your own unique ideas over other things.

Not that I don't mind. I mean, I still prefer yours over the 3.5 version by a long shot. But it'd be so insanely amazing (and my new personal fave) if that were to happen :o

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
How's the progress on your end @ SJS SJS ?

Just wanted a little update on it. I have no intentions of rushing you or anything.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I bet SJS is getting a lot of questions about 3.5 costumes for his Zero Suit, haha!

I gave it a try a while ago, the only thing that didn't work well were the shoes, though my focus is more on doing the same for the Fusion and Light suit variants, which I can't 'cause I don't texture, haha.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I agree, the current 3.5 ZSS costumes are low quality compared to some of the other ones like Charizard or Squirtle. It would be awesome if they could be updated to a better quality.

Top Bottom