• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Combo Counter?

OkieRecon

Smash Rookie
I was at a local 3ds tournament and a girl with a pikachu 3ds mained zero suit (she said because zero suit is hot). She pulled off a combo against me everytime I tried to play her involving her grab then downing me into the air, then kicking me out, the only way around this that her friends could show me was side-stepping, (I was dark pit, my main.) How else to avoid? Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Er, not get hit in the first place? Or (as I'm 99% sure you know) DI out of it. If she was using it a lot, you could probably predict her very easily. Oh, and with Pit/Dark Pit, it's very easy to fake people out. Since you have so many jumps, you can throw her off by pretending to land and she goes for the grab, leaving her open to attack.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
She pulled off a combo against me everytime I tried to play her involving her grab then downing me into the air, then kicking me out.
I think I might have just dealt with this in 1on1 mode, if you're talking about down throw to up b then either side step the grab when you see it coming. Keep in mind that timing the spotdodge seems to change depending on her spacing, if she grabs from further away then you'll need to delay by a fraction of a second, if she's close then just dodge like you normally would. If you do get caught and down thrown, then hold up and away so the up-b will either whiff or you'll fall out of if before the last hit and be able to counter. In either case, have your punish ready to go so you can get some damage or a stock out of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom