• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Samus help

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

I've been playing Smash 4 for a little bit now in For Glory and there's one character I just can't seem to beat. ZSS. Is there ANY way to stop the combo of down grab and then the kicks up in the air? Because I get hit with it and rack up about 40 damage at a time with no buttons doing anything. So I get caught in that twice and I'm already at almost 80 damage without having inflicted ANY damage. I main Bowser, and I don't know if it's just him, but once you get grabbed, that's it. Chain it 2 times and the final kick is a kill on you. I literally might as well just put down the DS once I get grabbed because I can't find an escape or counter to it.

Any help?

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
DI that shizz, you might get caught during the first one, but you should be able to get out of the second combo. You might also be playing too hasty or reckless. As Bowser and other heavy weights, you wanna punish mistakes with big hits, taking a beating is a part of that.

Grass

Smash Lord
Hello,

I've been playing Smash 4 for a little bit now in For Glory and there's one character I just can't seem to beat. ZSS. Is there ANY way to stop the combo of down grab and then the kicks up in the air? Because I get hit with it and rack up about 40 damage at a time with no buttons doing anything. So I get caught in that twice and I'm already at almost 80 damage without having inflicted ANY damage. I main Bowser, and I don't know if it's just him, but once you get grabbed, that's it. Chain it 2 times and the final kick is a kill on you. I literally might as well just put down the DS once I get grabbed because I can't find an escape or counter to it.

Any help?
Spot dodge. Get into the air and use a down air. DI out of the grab. There's so many ways to get around grab spam spamus. I'm not even joking lol.

Last edited:

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Don't get hit grabbed.

Seriously, when ZSS misses her grab she's so open to punishes. Run up USmash, FSmash (if you have the time), grab her yourself, ect.

Spot dodge, roll behind, jab/ftilt when they dash grab, ect. It's not too hard. You can also attempt to DI the upairs or airdodge them. I think it's technically a true combo (at least Nairo makes it look like one), but if your opponent is a little off you might be able to escape.

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
Don't get hit grabbed.

Seriously, when ZSS misses her grab she's so open to punishes. Run up USmash, FSmash (if you have the time), grab her yourself, ect.

Spot dodge, roll behind, jab/ftilt when they dash grab, ect. It's not too hard. You can also attempt to DI the upairs or airdodge them. I think it's technically a true combo (at least Nairo makes it look like one), but if your opponent is a little off you might be able to escape.
I'm not talking about her missing, that I'm ok with. It's the chain whip grab, then down grab, then up kick up into the air. I have no idea how to avoid this and once I get caught, I'm done. That second kick knocks me so high I go off the stage. And if they miss? Just re-attempt as many times until you pull it off. Probability just shows if you try it 5 times at least once will land.

Puszi

Smash Rookie
NNID
PusziGuy
I'm not talking about her missing, that I'm ok with. It's the chain whip grab, then down grab, then up kick up into the air. I have no idea how to avoid this and once I get caught, I'm done. That second kick knocks me so high I go off the stage. And if they miss? Just re-attempt as many times until you pull it off. Probability just shows if you try it 5 times at least once will land.
I prefer my eggs with no salt.
On the real people gave you some good advice in here, take it. Something to keep in mind is that big characters - especially bowser - are much easier to combo because of how fat they are.

Last edited:

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
The trick is not to get grabbed in the first place. And if you do, time an air dodge and get out of it. DI away towards the ledge and try to recover that way. Trust me, I know the pain of getting juggled for days, ROB also has a rough time of it. But seriously, you have to avoid the grab.
Do you notice a tendency to dash grab? Roll behind them when they run up to you.
Are they shield grabbing? Stop attacking their shield unsafely. Try empty jumps, tomahawk (empty jump to bait a shield, then land without attacking and grab immediately - because of shield drop frames you should be able to get a grab off before they can. ZSS's grab also has a fair few startup frames I think, so it should be a good option), ect.
If your opponent isn't terribly skilled at landing the upair, punish missed ones by just dairing. They jump up, try to upair, you can tell it'll be a little short, so dair for the free punish.
And if it's such a huge problem for you, try playing a smaller character maybe? Bowser is extremely easy to juggle because of his huge hurtbox, so you don't really want to end up in the air to begin with.

LthePanda

Smash Rookie
NNID
LthePanda
Im guessing that its a bit harder to DI with bowser so you mainly want to focus on not getting grabbed in general. With a heavy hitter like bowser you will strike fear into them if you punish them each time and they will try it less often.

Top Bottom