• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZeRo just lost to a Palutena player yesterday.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
"a Palutena player"

It wasnt just any Palutena player, it was Prince Ramen. He is very well known in his region and in the state of Florida. I've insisted that he is the best Palutena player in the competitive scene, despite Zero naming TLTC best Palutena, and this only further supports that.

"I severely underestimated Palutena"

You and 99% of the smash community. Welcome!

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
You know, I always thought Palutena has had "hidden potential" but I always thought that it would go completely untapped because I honestly think she has a high skill ceiling. Ramen made really good use of F-air spacing and trading with Dash/B-air's shield IMO, and he really put Palu's grab combos to work. Palu's tools just scream of counter-play so to play well as her you gotta get those big reads, and I think Ramen did just that and deserved that win 100%.

(-and lets not forget that rage U-air. That was absolutely disgusting. lmao)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
People are giving ZeRo some hate, which I don't understand why. I wonder what the outcome would have been, had ZeRo used Sheik. I also wouldn't take this one thing from pools as a definitive response to those who think Palutena is a good character. How often does Prince Ramen fight Diddy Kong players? How often does ZeRo fight Palutena players? It's easy to be surprised when an underrated character succeeds. I think it just has to do with what Sky (former Peach main in Brawl) said about shock. If Prince Ramen and others can keep this up, then maybe Palutena will move up on the tier list. It still won't change Palutena's frame data.

I don't think it's appropriate for people to hate ZeRo or to wish to see him fail as I've seen in the comments on YouTube. That's not good for this community. We should all be respectful and wish for others to succeed. This isn't because I like ZeRo, either. I prefer Nairo, ESAM, FOW, Depth, and Ryo. So let's be hopeful that those who lost can succeed in the future. Prince Ramen did well because he read Diddy Kong's recovery. That is pretty essential to winning.

Topaz Pikmin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Topaz_Pikmin
People are giving ZeRo some hate, which I don't understand why.
I think the only reason most people hate him is because he's the #1 Smash 4 player in the world.
I don't see anyone else in the competitive Sm4sh community as much hate as ZeRo has gotten, so I'm guessing the logic those people are going by is that they're tired of seeing ZeRo win. I still don't think the amount of hate he gets is justified, though.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Topaz Pikmin Topaz Pikmin Nor do I. My brother said that ZeRo said he'd like for others to win. The way I see it is if that's true, then ZeRo only wants that because he'd like to see American players be as good as those in Japan. Again, this is hearsay. Was I hyped when I thought ESAM was going to defeat ZeRo? Definitely. Was I excited when Nairo defeated ZeRo? You bet! But I wouldn't hate ZeRo or anyone who is good.

I don't wish to sidetrack from Prince Ramen's success. He did a pretty good job, and it's fine to be stoked, but what also makes a player great is his attitude whether he wins or loses. I really appreciate when people handshake or give hugs, even if they lost. I'm happy for Priince Ramen, but hate or dislike towards someone because you're tired of seeing them win most of the time isn't helpful.

I'm sure most here agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
User was warned for this post
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

Top Bottom