• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero "Jump Limit" Samus - CPUs "Floating"?

Shmookipu

Smash Rookie
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I've come across this issue with CPUs being able to miraculously "float" and thereby gain an extra jump. The recording below is just one of the few encounters with this event.

If anyone has any thoughts around what could be causing this, as well as if they have experienced this themselves, that'd be cool.

Note: I've also encountered this once online in a 1v1 For Glory match - Little Mac with three jumps...

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Version 1.1.2
Mode: Smash | Stock Battle | 2 Stocks | Unlimited time | Items: off
Fighters: P1: Marth (default costume), P2: Zero Suit Samus (6th costume)
Stage: Smashville (Omega Version)

Last edited:

Shmookipu

Smash Rookie
Footstools
I thought about that, as well as potential windbox shenanigans, but I can't seem to see any animations (i.e. Marth being pushed down) when ZSS jumps back up. Unless there's some way of triggering a footstool jump-boost without initiating the animation/reaction from the character being jumped on (in which case, my mistake), I'm not too sure about footstools having any part in this.
But good suggestion, nonetheless.

Top Bottom