• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zephiel for Brawl

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Yes King Zephiel of Bern from Fire Emblem 6 who also cameod in Fire Emblem 7 as a young prince. Zephiel was hated by his father as a child, his dad tried to kill him twice, once he hired the black fang to kill him but he was foiled by Eliwood, Hector and Lyndis the second time he tried to poisen him. The second time Zephiel found out and let his dad think that he had killed him but he hadn't, he hid in a coffin and then stabbed his dad as he walked past to "pay his respects" :laugh:.

Does he really stand a chance?
He is Roy's main villain and because chances are that Roy will be removed he is kind of unlikely. But because when it comes to FE only the lords and the main villains have any kind of chance so he isn't out of the question.

Great another sord user, just what we need
Yeah well Zephiel's Exaccus is awsome, it's all jagged and cool and heavy and strong. He would be heavy (and slow) as heck but he sure could pack a punch. His sword also has a ranged attack so it wouldn't be like Marth.

Why should he be included over Marth's villain?
Because it's kind of hard for Marth's villain Medeus to be included because he's a mamkute (or manakete) so he would be hard to incoperate. Zephiel is a human so he would be easier to put in.

Why should he be in?
Because he is awsome and could provide a new playing style (a heavy swordsman with a ranged sword). So he would be fun, he's awsome and to make him even cooler he has two hot chicks working for him Brunya and Idoun (Brunya is hotter) and a hot sister. That and in Japan he is one of the more popular villains despite being from the 3rd least popular game, so that's pretty nifty.

To recap he's awsome, got a new playstyle and isn't horribly unlikely.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well... not the best reasoning for including the character... but King Zephiel does seem to be one of the more popular FE villains, particularly in Japan. That could be because he is one of the few FE antagonists that ISN'T a dark priest, wizard, sorcerer, shaman, etc. but rather one that could be treated more as more of an equal adversary. Also, he has an interesting back story going for him. Personally, I think Zephiel would make a better FE villain character than the Black Knight, but unfortunately he's not as well recognised.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Because he is awsome and could provide a new playing style (a heavy swordsman with a ranged sword).
Your sig and mine both have somebody in it with a higher possibility rank. And that somebody has the same heavy-swordsman-ranged-sword-thingy.

I would like to see a FE villain in and Zephiel wouldn't be a bad add at all. I must say, I prefer him over the Black Knight. Since FE6 was a big hit (and Roy was added in Melee for that) he could have some potential chances of getting in. If there would be a FE villain, I want Zephiel.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
That guy is the same prince from FE7, the first FE in America and Europe.

It's kind of hard to believe that such a kind-hearted person grew up to ge the villain of a game! It's funny, but not in a Ha-Ha way...

Anyway, I'd like to see other Fire Emblem characters more then him, to be honest.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I still can't help but wonder what FE6 would have been like on the N64... It's a fairly similar story to Mother 3, where it was originally designed for the N64, the ill-fated N64DD, to be specific, but was eventually scrapped for obvious reasons... It was originally titled Maiden of the Dark (a way cooler name than Sword of Seals) and it is interesting to note that Roy's appearance in SSBM is more closely based off how he would have appeared in MotD than as he did in SoS... (there's a screenshot somewhere in one of the FE threads...) From the few screenshots that have survived of it, it was looking quite beautiful...

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Your sig and mine both have somebody in it with a higher possibility rank. And that somebody has the same heavy-swordsman-ranged-sword-thingy.

I would like to see a FE villain in and Zephiel wouldn't be a bad add at all. I must say, I prefer him over the Black Knight. Since FE6 was a big hit (and Roy was added in Melee for that) he could have some potential chances of getting in. If there would be a FE villain, I want Zephiel.
Don't know why Xian didn't mention it but the Sword of Seals it self has its own ranged attack. Don't know why they didn't put it in Melee though.

Anyway. I don't know what I would say for Zephiel. I could always help out by posting his sprite sheet so you can give people a visual, always helpful.

Here is his sprite sheet link because I don't want to stretch the screen.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h76/Suichimo/Fire Emblem Sprite Sheets/Zephiel.gif

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ike isn't heavy

Since FE6 was a big hit
Actually it was quite unpopular despite it's fantastic sales. This is because the system was closer to FE1/3 than FE4/5 and the fans wanted more like FE4/5.

(and Roy was added in Melee for that)
His game came out after melee was released...

just for a mental picture, would his swordplay be similar to nightmare's in soul calibur 2?
I don't play Soul Calibur so I don't know.

Don't know why Xian didn't mention it but the Sword of Seals it self has its own ranged attack
I know this, but he isn't heavy.

Don't know why they didn't put it in Melee though.
Because Roy was added at the last minute as a clone.

And here is a video that shows him defeating Cecilia:
He doesn't defeat her, just knocks her out.

I dont think he has any chance since it seems Roy will be removed.
Chances are Roy will be removed but if by some strange chance he isn't than Zephiel has ok chances.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
He's Muscular, he wouldn't be slow or heavy like Zephiel would.
He could still be. I haven't seen a true in-game battle scene of him yet. If you have, than you are right. Otherwise, you can't say for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if he would be heavy.

You said that Roy was put in SSBM because his game was popular, but that's not why he was put it, he was put in to advertise his game to make it popular.
Ow hehe I see, I really suck at explaining things sometimes in English. I meant that the game was more of a succes because of Roy's promoting act . But I see what you mean, it looks like I said he was put in AFTER the release of FE6.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FE6 was originally planned to be the first one released worldwide and I supposed they wanted some ties to Roy (or Marth) in the one that was worldwide probably because they accosiated Fire Emblem with SSBM so they made a game about his daddy and even mentioned him in one of the support convos, shame he didn't make an apperance though.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
FE6 was originally planned to be the first one released worldwide and I supposed they wanted some ties to Roy (or Marth) in the one that was worldwide probably because they accosiated Fire Emblem with SSBM so they made a game about his daddy and even mentioned him in one of the support convos, shame he didn't make an apperance though.
Actually, I don't remember what ending it is, in one of the endings there is a CG scene with Roy and Lilina as little kids and I believe Roy even talks a little bit.

@Dark Iori Yagami
Talking about Hoenheim, aren't ya.

Top Bottom