• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelgius joins the battle! Or so I would like... :P

Zelgius150

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-3400-4880
Hello SmashBoards!

So I decided to join this community to try to improve my skills now that I've got Smash 3DS. I've played all previous games, but never really tried too hard. A year ago, I started playing Melee again with my brother (who's pretty skilled I think), and though I didn't learn how to wavedash or L-cancel, I found it was a lot more fun than Brawl, physics and speed-wise. And just this year I started playing Project M with him, too, which I found as enjoyable as Melee. However, I only played when I met with him, so I never really improved that much.

My aim now is to be a decent or even good player with Smash 3DS, and I want to main Lucina. I've been reading on the character's specific forum here in SmashBoards, and even though I found the information useful, I've got a lot of questions, I need help in general. I also used Robin along with her at first, but I think it's better for me to focus in just one character. I like Robin (female) as a character, but I also find it difficult to space her spells properly. The only think I'm "good" at with her is edgeguarding.

So as for my other hobbies, I also play other games and read/watch manganime. I really love Fire Emblem, Pokemon and Tôhô Project. My favourite manga is One Piece nowadays.

I'm from Spain, by the way :) As far as I know, there isn't much presence of tourneys here, at least compared to USA.
Ah, and I hope you can forgive my for my English mistakes ;)

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Ohh a Spain player, that means someone can speak to you in your home language if you say you may have mistakes with English meaning you're not Spaniard born or raised fully outside your homeland, you are common or have been taught Spanish by a Family member. Bienvenido a Smashboards! Yo tambien estoy de miembro desde hace un poco de tiempo pero he recibido una buena bienvenida. De hecho, el porque he estado recibiendo varios nuevos miembros con el mismo amor y cariño. Yo entre buscando ayuda para Zelda; mi principal personaje en el juego de Smash y me gusto el trato. Fueron muy decentes y de mucha ayuda. So i guess it's time to be also a good person and return the favor As you can see my list i had many "mains" but decided to centralize on the first two, Zelda & Peach. Before learning others you should master at least one character as you have elected to do so with Lucina. You'll feel better and more confident as well as like the game more if you have many wins with a character than rather many "almost wins with many characters" It'll eventually make you stale and you'll lose interest so keeping for now one character or two will keep it fresh and more concentrated for wins. I hope you do well and you are doing good searching for info here on the character you like. It works nicely here as it did with me. Lucina is a for fun character for me while Zelda is my Main so you have something that matches with me. I hate Fox so lol but there are as many likes as there are color variations so it's good one way or the other. Have fun in the Boards and stay with us for much time to come!

Zelgius150

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-3400-4880
Haha, I'm Spanish and I live in Spain. I learned English in school like many others here. I can read English perfectly fine, and I think I'm not that bad writting either, but I make mistakes. I even speak in English at work, not at a high level anyway.

Well, I was planning to focus on both Lucina and Robin at first, but lately I've been thinking that maybe it would be better to focus on Lucina alone.

Ah, and I use Fox and Zelda in Melee and Project M, respectively, but not in Smash 3DS. I think Zelda is pretty funny to use in Project M with her Din's Fire shenanigans :) And her neutral B seems to be pretty good to stop approachings there. It's a pity that it's not an official game.

How is Zelda doing in Smash 3DS? Do people think she has improved compared to Brawl or Melee or not? :)

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Lucina and Robin, eh? Yeah, it's better to focus on one until you get good with them :) Zelda is doing much better than Brawl, from what I've heard. Separating her from Sheik was a nice step, in my opinion.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Well Smash 3DS is my first smash game so I must skip in comparing older Zeldas with the new one as I have no info negative nor positive to add. Also I cannot say if she improved or stayed the same I'll have to skip that too but I like her how she is. Always stood firm to like her and main her even when never touching melee or brawl. That's how much I like her even knowing her very poor tier list in those two games. But it's the character I like the most so that is non-influential to if I use her or not. It's a matter of practice and skills.

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
Zelda lacked approach options in Brawl and Melee, She was buffed quite a lot in Project M. I don't have a 3DS, but from the gameplay I have seen it looks like Zelda has improved.
Also, is your name Zelgius from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn?

Last edited:

Zelgius150

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1719-3400-4880
Oh, so many replies, thank you a lot :)

Yeah, Metarai, my nick comes from the almighty Zelgius :) Even when I knew it couldn't be possible, I was hoping that he would be in Smash 3DS/WiiU until the very end. I also wanted Grahim from Zelda but not as much, he doesn't even compare to me.

Top Bottom