• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Stage Nightmares!

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Those stages which kill you. Those stages that you always seem to SD in. This is the thread to discuss them!

I'll list my least favorite stage as an example.

The big flat bridge with a groove in the side that always seems to mess up my UP B. And the funny part is that, it's supposedly Zelda's home field stage. What irony

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Delfino's and Halberd's main moving platform. I've SD'd so many times trying to snap the ledge from being level with the platform (apparently not level enough...).

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Delfino's and Halberd's main moving platform. I've SD'd so many times trying to snap the ledge from being level with the platform (apparently not level enough...).
yup I've SDed plenty on Halberd

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Any stages that one can phase through (Delfino, Halberd, Mute City, etc.) make it impossible for Zelda to snap to the ledge when teleporting parallel to it meaning she has to limit how she recovers which is bad in and of itself. I always strike Delfino as often as possible, not so much Halberd because the terrible section of the stage only lasts for about half the time the match should be taking place as opposed to Delfino. Another reason I don't strike Halberd is because I prefer striking Lylat Cruise. Lylat should speak for itself. Can't snap to a ledge that is able to dodge your snap. I'm also looking at you Pilotwings... I've actually been considering whether or not striking Delfino and Halberd is even a good idea though because of their low ceilings which work in our favor with the elevator (granted they tend to work in the opponent's favor too... hoo hah anyone?). Generally, I'm fine with all the other legal/counterpick stages though I'm not a huge fan of Duck Hunt's high ceiling and that damn dog that only seems to want to lift me up when I'm about to punish the opponent.

As for omega stages, most of them are fine except for a select few with the weirdest architecture on the bottom like Bridge of Eldin that was mentioned earlier. I believe Pyrosphere works similarly.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Lylat is the only evil stage for everyone, after that it comes down to personal distaste lol. like Eldin omega with its curve outs and mushroomy kingdom omega.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I have never heard anyone say that they like Lylat. Why is it even legal?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I like Lylat.

But I play Villager :'D

Recovering parallel on phase-through stages isn't AS hard as you would think, it's just trickier. You have to move away from the stage instead of towards it before FWing, so that you cover the full distance before you get past the ledge. It's risky, of course, cause you might end up with a Brawl-like recovery and not sweetspot it, but it's a matter of observing what your opponent does after you get launched. Zelda's pretty great at recovering super low and in a diagonal anyways, so....

I'd say Halberd actually helps her due to the low ceiling, unless it's against Rosalina or Diddy.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
there's nothing really wrong with lylat other than it messes with peoples recoveries. it basically a different layout for battlefield. characters like villager, jiggly, Wii fit, kirby can thrive there because they don't have to worry about that "LOL ledge tilt" honestly on stage the layout i think is nice for Zelda, but the tilting ledges make playing there scary.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I hate Lylat even more now that @GingerGaymer found out that it can screw with Farore's...

For those that haven't heard if the stage tilts, you might teleport sideways instead of straight up. Same for other tilting platforms like the 3rd transformation on Castle Siege.

EDIT: Oh and it happened to Fujin on Lylat on a stream.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I personally hate how the Boxing Ring Omega seems teleport friendly and all, but have this little, unoticable fragment of angled wall that can totally mess up Zelda's teleport.

Pac-Land having no ledge snap is also incredibly stupid. But this stage is probably the worst stage all all Smash games.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
While doing a couple sparring matches before a tournament I entered recently, I've found that if you're on the side of Lylat Cruise as it tilts while using Din's Fire, you may slip off into free fall. The person I was up against was just as baffled as I was when it happened.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
While doing a couple sparring matches before a tournament I entered recently, I've found that if you're on the side of Lylat Cruise as it tilts while using Din's Fire, you may slip off into free fall. The person I was up against was just as baffled as I was when it happened.
I'm also sure that Lylat Cruise, when it tilt, can transform an upward Farore into a side Farore, resulting into a stupid death.

Happened to me twice while trying to do an Elevator.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I hate Lylat even more now that @GingerGaymer found out that it can screw with Farore's...

For those that haven't heard if the stage tilts, you might teleport sideways instead of straight up. Same for other tilting platforms like the 3rd transformation on Castle Siege.

EDIT: Oh and it happened to Fujin on Lylat on a stream.
yep, this happens to me on Lylat; I wouldn't recommend this stage for Zelda.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Lylat recovering isn't that bad. Most zeldas panick and misaim it when they have a chance to recover if they place themselves well.

Top Bottom