• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Grab

Shag

Smash Cadet
So, in melee, Zelda's 13 frame grab made shield grabbing almost useless. And now that chain grabbing is out (only possible on the heavy weights, but it was our best move against the top tier characters) My question is, is her grab still so slow, i believe it was the slowest one in melee, now that there's no L cancel you MIGHT be able to get one in on a fox/falco. The other thing is, seems that double thunder kick/triple WOP kick may still be possible, but seriously nerfed without L cancel. Over all, i'm not sure if it's good or bad that they took it out ><

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
I've heard tha Zelda's grab now is even faster than peach's one back in melee was. And after watching to a tons of videos and live stream, I can almost confirm this fact. But anyways, Im getting to play brawl tomorrow. I tell you what I've found bout it. And after all if it really is that fast now, you just can't imagine hows this will be a godly bless upon zelda players, Ive lost the count of how many times I got grabbed before my grab animation ends, it was very depressing, now maybe we can setup for some combos with zeldas icreased speed

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Zelda's grab is definitely faster. MUCH faster. I myself decided to main Zelda. Not only is it faster but the range on it is magnificent. Seems like its one of the highest ranged non-projectile grabs in the game. I got at least 4 hours of Zelda play time today and I can confirm she is not even comparable to her Melee counterpart.

Seems to me like this time around, Zelda and Sheik are changing spots on the tier list.

Shag

Smash Cadet
Awesome :) Can't wait to test it out. Use to make me sick watching her 20 minute grab annimation whilst getting barraged by 1 frame shines and short 6 and 7 frame grabs :( I've only met like one or 2 ppl that main Zelda before, I'm excited to see how far up the tier list she can go

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
I played zelda this weekend, played around 8hrs with my friends, all were pro smashers in Melee. My main was always zelda in melee, I tried my best to fight against top tier chars, but zelda surely didnt help at the time. But NOW, I can say shes top tier, ok many will not agree with that, but Its definitly upper tier this time. You can fight at this point of the game very well against Marth, Toon Link, Sheik, Kirby, Pit with a decent fair fight, all seem higher tier, Sheik is not good as melee of course, but I still think you can combo to hell and finish with 150%, cause his KO moves sux hard now, but shes very comboable. Her grab range is like marths one in melee, and the fun part is that me and my marth friend player grabbed at the same time, but at a certain distance that he not grabbed and I got! Its not a very fast grab in terms of speed, but its much faster than it was.

SeventhSage

Smash Apprentice
Nice to hear something good about Sheik! I mained Zelda/Sheik in melee (Im not sure if anoyone else main both) and Im glad Zelda got buffed, but I was kinda sad about all the bad things said about Sheik. In melee my strategy was:

Rank up damage quickly with Sheik and finish off with Zelda. Sometimes I would do the opposite to confuse my opponent. I try to transform every stock, but sadly I often found myself keeping Sheik at some point. What is great about Zelda is that she has two opposite fighting styles, but she was too unbalced in melee to put that advantage to good use. Im soooooo glad Zelda will be able to stand her ground for real now. It looks like my strategy will work just fine with the new greatly buffed Zelda and slightly nerfed Sheik.

Zelda & Sheik ftw !!!

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
One side note seventhsage, transform now takes much longer than in melee, I think they made this so you have to choose sheik or zelda to play, or you get punished for sure, it just take sooo long, it doesnt matter you became invunarable, your opponet gets close to you and waits for the moment your invincibility is gone and you still cannot do anything and owns you with a charged or something.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Zelda's grab is definitely faster. MUCH faster. I myself decided to main Zelda. Not only is it faster but the range on it is magnificent. Seems like its one of the highest ranged non-projectile grabs in the game. I got at least 4 hours of Zelda play time today and I can confirm she is not even comparable to her Melee counterpart.

Seems to me like this time around, Zelda and Sheik are changing spots on the tier list.
sweet! it's pretty sad how in melee, my cousin will do the dair as link, and i'll see the opportunity and quickly run over... and yet somehow the grab is so slow that he manages to counter me before i can grab him -_-'

Top Bottom