• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's frame trap options

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Hey everyone,
Veteran Smash player and Zelda enthusiast Tommy_G here.

What's a frame trap? For those of you who don't know, a frame trap is when you do an option to force your opponent into an option to then punishing them for doing said forced option.

Very basic example would be throwing a dins fire when your opponent is recovering high and is trying to land on to the stage. They air dodge so they wouldn't get hit by fireball and because of it, land with lag. You then run over to them and dash attack to send them off the stage to do it again(or other options if you have the time to do so.)

Frame trap options are going to be important for this game so let's see your ideas. I've got a couple myself.

Low percents(0 to 20): down throw, shnair, (opponent air dodge or get hit, if air dodge) land and regret air dodge landing lag. Mid percents can be mixed up with up throw instead.

Down throw, full hop nair, (air dodge or get hit, if air dodge) fair/Bair the landing lag on the way down.

Opponent is falling: full hop uair, (opponent air dodges uair) fast fall late bair/fair

Anyone have any success with other traps?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jabbing someone's shield is really safe and hard to punish and can allow you to frame trap rolls and spotdodges. As an added bonus, Jab forces a knockdown at medium percents, which you can combo into DA assuming a missed tech. That's the primary other frame trap tool I can think of.

Top Bottom