• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's favourable match-ups?

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Which character(s) does Zelda have more luck in defeating?

For me: :4megaman:
He's the easiest character for me to defeat, mainly because half of his moves consist of projectiles. I just Nayru's Love the sh** out of them.

Anyway, discuss. :estatic:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I feel Zelda pretty universally beats large bodied characters in spite of some of their strengths. Bowser, DK, Dedede especially, Ganondorf, Charizard, even Samus and ROB are pretty good matchups for her in my experience. You can capitalize a lot more on them, their size makes Din's Fire and Phantom Armor better, you can throw out Farore's Wind after combos, chains, throws, emptily and have a much better chance of landing it for KO's. In general I think Zelda will do well vs Large Bodies in this game, but especially Dedede and DK.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
subjectively: Greninja, DHD (not many good dhds on 4G), DDD, Ness, Pika (thunder can be reflected
), Charizards, Pits (only a lil' tho), Pac guy, Purin and Mewtwo (i believe Zelda is gonna be the perfect counter for m2)

Tyketto

Smash Cadet
On Mega Man: If a Crash Bomb get through and attaches to you, use Nayru's Love just before it explodes. It negates the explosion and I find it to be a safer option than just shielding through it. Of course, you can always try to reattach it to Mega Man, but a good player will avoid touching you if a Crash Bomb is attached.

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
:4duckhunt: Really laggy projectiles and his disjointed hitboxes are too slow.
:4ness:I know he's usually been labled a bad match-up in the past, but he feels much easier to deal with this time. Gimping now easy-mode with dair, NL to get out of PK Fire set-ups and FW to punish his laggy projectiles. Though we still gotta watch for bthrow and fair.
:4ganondorf::4dedede::4dk:Big targets with laggy normals, DDD's projectiles can be dealt with. Maybe Bowser on here too.

:4falcon: He's fast but not fast enough to be a real headache for her and she can outspace him in a lot of things.
:4robinm::4robinf:Not so good projectiles vs Zelda, ground game is iffy, FW for punish.

:4megaman:I think a good Megaman will control the flow the match with his better projectiles. And Zelda on the approach is terrible, though he has big problems trying to kill her. Fsmash being reflectable is good for Zelda. His jab is also really annoying and interrupts a lot. So not sure on this MU.
:4charizard:That Flare Blitz... makes chasing him offstage a problem. Don't have enough experience versus him to comment on the MU, but I feel it's probably even or in Zelda's favor.

Last edited:

BBNik

Smash Cadet
Definitely big bodied characters, makes landing them sweet spot lightning kicks easier and everything else.

Rosalina is pretty good. Easy to kill Luma, FW and NL seperated them easily, you can kill Rosalina pretty easily when she's at around 70% wih a double farore's wind hit.

Ike. Use the phantom to block and punish QD. He's large enough to hit with lightning kicks somewhat easily.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
From what everyone is saying, basically anyone with super laggy projectiles as she can just FW them during the startup.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Personally
1. Big Bodies, Zelda just loves the big boys. easier to punish
2. Projectile heavy characters, as she forces them to go on the offensive
3. Anyone who approaches is an obvious matter, Little mac being the easiest example

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
IDK of you just meant approaching opponents and ACCIDENTALLY used Lil Mac as an example, but little Mac is easily our worst MU.
I think sonic is a worse match up, and what i meant is that I personally find reads easier against opponents with obvious tactics

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
I feel like heavies are in her favor. Comboing off of a D-throw into nair has proven to be fairly easy when going against big bodied people. Also Projectile based character match-ups are usually in Zelda's favor due to Nayru's Love.

So I'd say heavy/big body characters and zone based characters are Zelda's best match-ups.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I know this might be surprising but I find rosalina a good MU. She can be killed pretty fast and dash attack can easily get rid of Luma. "The Elevator" kills her so early and her dtilt can gimp since it goes under ledges. I feel this as 60-40.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
^ Yeah, but like people have stressed before, Rosalina is still a high/top tier without Luma. I mean, how do you expect Zelda to get past those disjointed aerials safely?

BBNik

Smash Cadet
It's the ground game that Zelda beats Rosalina in. And I find that just Teleporting past or Nayru's love when she tries to hit us with aerials usually works.

EDIT: At least from personal experience

Last edited:

Torisuna

Smash Rookie
Yeah I agree with the Rosalina&luma MU, its nothing to be afraid of. Just have to stay grounded and watch for reads and punishes. I had issues with this match up but I find it easier now knowing NL is great if used correctly.

Top Bottom