• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Dtilt

Forêt

Smash Rookie
I've been messing around with Zelda alot in the past few weeks and I'm really loving her! So I'm trying to gather as much knowledge as I can about her right now. I was wondering what are your toughts, fellow wielders of the triforce of wisdom, about her dtilt? I know that it can meteor smash but is down smash or even dair just better in every situation? Is it just a tool to destroy your opponent's confidence and mess with is mind? I've heard that it can combo into fsmash at higher percents, what about that?

Last edited:

Uwu

Smash Rookie
Hey! D-tilt is very reliable for comboing at above 100% (I usually use it to combo into downsmash or grab). Might just be better to get the raw down smash tho seeing as how it is faster/more useful in every way, but if you want to be a swag lord and get a long combo then go for it

Uwu

Smash Rookie
Dair at high percent will also combo into down smash and stuff. Kinda like stomp -> knee lmao

Forêt

Smash Rookie
Dair at high percent will also combo into down smash and stuff. Kinda like stomp -> knee lmao
Thank you. Never thought I'd get an answer here! And about the edge guarding aspect of the move, what are your thoughts?

Uwu

Smash Rookie
Thank you. Never thought I'd get an answer here! And about the edge guarding aspect of the move, what are your thoughts?
Down air is mainly just a disrespect move because its so weak and also meteor cancelable. But you can definitely do some cool stuff with it. Down tilt does spike but its even more pathetic and has a really small hit box so I wouldnt bother

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Down-tilt hits below the stage, making it useful for catching sweetspotters.

Unstaled down-tilt at low percent can also put the opponent in a grounded "stun" state, during which you can follow up with any quick move (d-smash being the most probable).

It's definitely a usable move. But it requires a lot of finesse to know when and where to work it into your game.

Habilecho

Smash Cadet
d-tilt is mostly useless until higher %'s. Against floaties around 100 or so (varies per char), you can combo d-tilt --> kick / dsmash / utilt (dtilt --> utilt combos given bad DI, but it will kill marth on dreamland at 135% before dtilt <-- worst case scenario). I find this combo is most useful vs peach since it's a lot easier to catch her on the ground than other floaties. It can also work well vs sheik when she recovers onto the stage as a DI mixup / surprise combo kill.

As an edgeguard it does reach below the stage so sweetspoters have a harder time, but even so getting the spike isn't always guaranteed. But you can dtilt until they poke a little high and then dsmash. It's best utilized vs C Falcon and phantasm fox / falco. vs Marth you need to CC for it to work, but it works in the same way. It can pop them up a bit which is useful but no matter what you are going to have to make some plays to get the edgeguard.

Other than that it doesn't have too much viability. The only other thing I can think of is using it to pop people up --> techchase or miss tech dsmash (before it combos).

Magus420

Smash Master
Unlike d-smash it hits a good amount below the stage (more than any other ground move I think), so only some DJ sweetspots and like G&W up-b can recover underneath it. It and a very well timed low kick are the 2 main onstage options that can hit a sweetspot, with d-tilt having the flexibility of being a ground move. Depending on percent and how floaty they are it can pop them up for a d-smash, or f-air at really high damage. The meteor is weak, doesn't hit below the stage and requires standing closer to the edge than you usually want to be (need to hit with knee/hip hitbox but not the foot). There are some onstage combos with d-tilt, but they're pretty situational because of how hard it is to hit someone with the move on the ground, and within the specific damage ranges.

I probably get the most use out of it on Samus. It hits low enough to be able to catch a grapple sweetspot (also good for up-b), and the damage window where it's both untechable and sets up a d-smash is pretty wide. If you d-tilt d-smash them out of their grapple they're usually boned. Samus is also one of the tall floaty characters that are easily shield poked by it onstage so d-tilt u-tilt kill can be an ok option if they get to high damage.

Habilecho

Smash Cadet
Oh sweet I didn't realize dtilt hits samus grapple sweetspot that's good to know.

d-tilt --> u-tilt kills samus at these percentages (% listed to before the d-tilt) - assuming no stale
Yoshi 99%
FoD 112%
Stadium 105%
Battlefield 111%
FD 106%
Dreamland 130%

Last edited:

Habilecho

Smash Cadet
Also d-tilt --> utilt on sheik doesn't start working until ~130% but it kills practically everywhere except dreamland (closer to 140% - where a kick would kill her anyways, but it can still be useful as a shield poke potentially into kill confirm)

Habilecho

Smash Cadet
yeah d-tilt fair works but as a DI mixup u-tilt makes it so they probably won't get the correct survival DI when they think a kick is coming.

Plus if it's guaranteed kill % then you can just mash utilt when you see they missed the combo DI and it's more guaranteed than kicking them (plus it would de-stale kicks for later)

Profane

Smash Rookie
DTilt to utilt sounds like some memes. I've never found much application besides recovery stuffing and dsmash setup where you need a few % to be sure of a kill.

Also Habilecho Habilecho did i MM you at RB4

Top Bottom