• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Chain Grab

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, definitely not an effective chain-grab. Oh well, with the new DI, I bet her up throw chain grab is gone too.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Hmm...I like the red dress. But I need to see blue/green in action before I make a choice. </end crazy talk>

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I doubt any decent player could get stuck in that. Meh, doesn't matter not like I used her grabs all that much anyway.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The CPU was constantly air dodge right after getting thrown, which was what allowed them to get regrabbed. This doesn't work at all against people.

Dthrow itself will not lead to anything other than an aerial chase with proper DI, just like in Melee. Zelda throws are all essentially identical to their Melee counterparts. Good damage, no real KO potential. Without fast fallers or excessive recovery time in this game no real combos are possible with throws, but they deal decent damage and placement opportunities.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I seriously don't think her chain grabs matter all that much this time around.
I mean, Zelda never was easy to chain grab with in the first place.

But this time, things like that don't need to be worried about, considering she got buffed and all. :]
-grin-

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
AI does some weird *** things sometimes..
Ah well, I was crap at chain grabbing in Melee anyway, not a big deal for me.

Top Bottom